+ Follow This Topic

Thread: cellphone fustrations

lilwing89 Guest

cellphone fustrations

k so my mom got me a cell phone for christmas..i know.. how ironic eh? well im confused about the billing information.

apparently she got the plan thingy where you get free 'mobile to mobile' and 'after 9 o'clock and on weekends' but i dont know what any of that means except its free! my brother said something about 'anytime minutes' and taht is what those times use..and we only have 700. so... what the ****? will someone please take the time to explain this to me cause i thought the shit was for free or something..

oh and we have to share the 700 minute thingys or something.. i cant remember if it was 700 minutes on regular days or whatever but.. HELP! so i dont mess it up!
    (hint: its verizon wireless)
    Last edited by lilwing89; 27-12-05 at 12:00 PM. Reason: forgot somethin

hhhmmm , im as lost as you lilwang , i never even got a cell phone and im turning 19 soon .

Nothin is free!
    Don't expect anything.

Tone Guest
    Mobile to mobile = if you talk to anyone who is also using Verizon Wireless it doesn't take from your minutes, it's free.

Otherwise each month you have a total of 700 anytime minutes. After 9pm and on the weekends it's free - it doesn't take from your pool of 700 minutes you are sharing with your brother.

Why exactly is that Ironic?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

lilwing89 Guest
    thankyou tone you are a cellphone guru

Watch out though lilwing!

If people call YOU - You lose minutes.

If people call your brother - You lose minutes.

Cellphones are best used (unless you can afford it) when you are either talking to other people on the same plan, or when you really really need it. Those 700 minutes will go by FAST, especially if this is your first cell phone and you are sharing minutes with a sibling.

I would suggest being careful with it for the first few months until you get used to how it works. 350 minutes is nothing, and when you go OVER those minutes they are EXPENSIVE! Which in turn can piss off your parents and take away the cell phone for good. Use caution and use it when you really need it, not to gab away about god knows what..
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cybog came back?

Wow.

yea

and he came back for a cellphone post ...

haha nah, i'm a regular now!