+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking on AIM

Talking on AIM

When you like someone whats the general concensious with talking online? Normally you dont want to call the girl everyday, that usually freaks them out. However if your online and so is she you can't just not talk, because to me that like seeing her in a store and just walking by. Normally what I do is put on an away message hoping she will IM me while I'm gone, or just simply stay offline.

Quote Originally Posted by football
    When you like someone whats the general concensious with talking online? Normally you dont want to call the girl everyday, that usually freaks them out. However if your online and so is she you can't just not talk, because to me that like seeing her in a store and just walking by. Normally what I do is put on an away message hoping she will IM me while I'm gone, or just simply stay offline.

Just use Yahoo IM instead and set it to invisible mode. Talk all you want to whoever you want and they'll never know you're online.

Yea good point, AIM has that feature as well. Do you think it's a good idea though to not talk to her on AIM though? Obviously I want to talk to her but that might be to excessive for now

No I think you'll be fine. If you just send a quick "Hey, how are you" then it would eb cool. But follow it up with "Well, I just wanted to say Hi, I'm going to go eat now" or whatever else you think you can say to get away. You don't want to be a pest but you don't want to be an A-hole either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sum1
    No I think you'll be fine. If you just send a quick "Hey, how are you" then it would eb cool. But follow it up with "Well, I just wanted to say Hi, I'm going to go eat now" or whatever else you think you can say to get away. You don't want to be a pest but you don't want to be an A-hole either.
    Exactly, trying to find the right balance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    Just use Yahoo IM instead and set it to invisible mode. Talk all you want to whoever you want and they'll never know you're online.
    Do what you want to, be yourself, don't go invisible just because she's online too.

Tone Guest
    What's the point to be on the instant message if you don't want to talk to the one person you wish to be closest with??????????????

I dont really like instant messengers as much, try to actually talk to her in real life than online, because no tone of voice online is shown by just words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    What's the point to be on the instant message if you don't want to talk to the one person you wish to be closest with??????????????
    It's not that I dont want to talk to her, read the previous posts. I just dont want to pester her. It's best you give the girl a sence of mystery, dont talk to her everyday, sometimes you have to let her wonder if maybe I'm hanging out with another girl or something.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy0123
    I dont really like instant messengers as much, try to actually talk to her in real life than online, because no tone of voice online is shown by just words.
    Yes yes I hate instant messengers....espeically when you are talking with the one person you are trying to get close with. Take for example this girl that I am trying to get things started with, online she seems like a completly different person that what she is in person. Besides I find that it is alot easier for conversations to go dull online then it is in person....and the last thing you want is the convo to go dull.....Another thing that can be true with some is that you are never certain that it is actually them that you are talking to....for all you know you could be babbling away to their room mate, brother, friend, etc etc and at times that could just make matters worse.

Quote Originally Posted by football
    It's not that I dont want to talk to her, read the previous posts. I just dont want to pester her. It's best you give the girl a sence of mystery, dont talk to her everyday, sometimes you have to let her wonder if maybe I'm hanging out with another girl or something.
    Who told you that bullsh-t? You want the girl you like to wonder if you're out with some other girl? Why? You think that's going to make her think more about you? No. It will make her think she can't trust you....that you don't sincerely like her...she can't be special to you if you're out with other girls...that's what she'll think.

IF you really want a girl to like YOU...stop the game playing...be yourself...enough of this 'sense of mystery'..call-don't-call crap....you're going to play yourself right out of the game.

She'll get bored with trying to figure out whether you do or don't like her...and find someone else who does.

You seem like a nice guy...your intentions seem sincere...stop overthinking your every move and just be yourself.
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gilr
    Who told you that bullsh-t? You want the girl you like to wonder if you're out with some other girl? Why? You think that's going to make her think more about you? No. It will make her think she can't trust you....that you don't sincerely like her...she can't be special to you if you're out with other girls...that's what she'll think.

IF you really want a girl to like YOU...stop the game playing...be yourself...enough of this 'sense of mystery'..call-don't-call crap....you're going to play yourself right out of the game.

She'll get bored with trying to figure out whether you do or don't like her...and find someone else who does.

You seem like a nice guy...your intentions seem sincere...stop overthinking your every move and just be yourself.

We are not exclusive here, I dont even know if she likes me right now. She hangs out with other guys, her thinking I'm hanging out with another girl wouldn't make her not trust me. However it might make her flirt with me more and things like that if she really does like me.

First of all I am a nice guy, and very sincere, I'm not trying to score with this girl, that is the last thing on my mind. I really do care about her. It's hard not to overthink every move, one dumbass thing can ruin everything. I truely believe in the words girls can forgive, but they never forget.

That's right. Girls/women don't forget. And if she thinks you're pursuing other females at the same time you're pursuing her...she will always remember that...and maybe always wonder if you're still doing it...or maybe not...lol...what the hell do I know?

All I'm saying, is just be yourself. If you want to call..call. If you like her..tell her. It sounds like you want to pursue her...and most females like to be pursued...they like to feel that they are the only woman your eyes see.

And stop worrying about 'one dumbass thing' ruining everything. You're not going to do everything perfectly throughout life...so don't try to setup that kind of expectation for yourself. Besides...sometimes it's the 'dumbass' things you do that will win over a woman's heart.

Vanilla Gilr, what do you mean the "dumbass" thing that will win over a woman's heart?

Things that ya'll think are dumb...it's not one thing in particular...just little things ya'll try to do to impress us that don't turn out right. Have you seen "Hitch"? The movie about the 'date doctor'...and when he tries to impress a woman...everything goes wrong....that kind of stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast