+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The 'L' Word

The 'L' Word

Heya guys
    I no every relatonship is different and all, but I was wondering how long into a relationship did u tell your partner that you loved them?
    Did they say it back?
    Wot made you realise you did love them?

Looking forward to ur stories

I've always fallen in love too quickly. Although I doubt I ever did it, I'd wait and let her say it first. Then you have "hand".
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

"I've always fallen in love too quickly" = "I'm Needy"
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    Isn't to be human, to be needy?

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    "I've always fallen in love too quickly" = "I'm Needy"
    I don't know if "needy" is the right word; maybe a little "insecure". REgardless, I was 'something', and in hindsight, sets a bad tone (no, not our "Tone") going forth in the relationship. Especially at a younger age (<30)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My husband said it first because my sister just asked him. It didn't matter though; I already knew he loved me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Nosey sister.

I would've answer:"What's it to 'ya, Punk?"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Nosey sister.

I would've answer:"What's it to 'ya, Punk?"
    Yes, she is nosey. And pushy, too. Entertaining, though!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

6 month minimum.

Before that, it's just a word with no substance. Love isn't passion and romance. It's being able to stand the person you are with for more than 72 hours. It's being able to put up with their bullshit and them with yours.

It's being able to agree on things, and able to disagree on others without bitching at each other all the time. It's being able to look past their flaws, their imperfections and their faults and still want to be there for them all the time.

It's not about flowers and candy and things you can buy at the store. It's about doing things for each other when they haven't asked. It's not about birthday presents or anniversaries; it's about being there for them when they need you the most, or being willing to go the store for them at 2am when they are sick.

That is love. Love is not something you fall into - It's something you didn’t realize you even had until it snuck up on you without any warning.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    6 month minimum.
    I think time depends on your age. ie- 3 years of dating when you're 22 is like 1 when you're 35. Or something like that.

that was so cute!

yah, we haven't said it yet. And it has been a year (with a few months off for good behavior). But he says things like "making love" in the sex reference or "tough love" if he's giving me a hard time. I'm not even sure it is in his nature to proclaim "I love you" just like that.

Hmm. Wonder. Sometimes I feel like I just want to say it (like when he does nice stuff for me - which is more and more these days!). But I'm nervous to be the first and I don't want to sound dorky.
    Last edited by clynn; 04-01-06 at 10:00 AM.

I said "i love u" to my bf within 2 months of our relationship. I know i know it might be a little to quick but i do feel i loved him and i still do. I see it in his eyes when we make love. He asked me.. if u love me than kiss me.. haha and i did. But i'm still wondering is it that hard for guys to say "i love you"??

My boyfriend told me first and we had been together for only a month. I waited for like 2 weeks before I said it back. We used to say "I love being with you" and then one day after he had already told me that he loved me I told him that I loved being with him and he said well then why don't you tell me you love me. So I did.

Well I have yet to tell anyone (other then immediate family) that I love them...hell I am practically in a relationship with someone right now and well when one of us leaves its no bog deal to the other...for example when I leave for the night all that happens is Me: "well I think I am gonna take off....ill call ya tomorrow see whats going on" Her: "okay see ya later" *shrugs* and I am prefectly fine with that for right now...hell I am lucky that I am able to sepd and much time with her as I do.