+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Greeting

Greeting

I go to high school, and I like this girl. But when I see her in the hallways, I never know what to do. Do I just say hi everytime, or should I just walk past by and look straight every time, what should I do? I mean I feel kind of rude seeing her then just walk right past by and not saying anything. But then I don't want to talk to her too many times in the hallways and might be annoying. Any advice? Thank you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What do you do when you walk past other kids you know? Maybe you should do the same until you gather the courage to actually talk to her.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I did talk to her...but she seems so much less friendlier in the hallways when we walk right past by each other. Usually I just say whatsup when I see somebody I know, but she doesn't make eye contact with me, should I still say whatsup?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's probably just thinking about her next class...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Actually sometimes she looks right at me, then before I look at her, she looks away. So should I say whatsup? Or just keep walking everytime?

don't go out of your way to say hi...if it's convenient, say hi...like when you make good eye contact or whe you walk by right next to her or whatever. at the same time...don't bug her if she's talking with other people or seems lost in thought or otherwise pre-occupied.

If I'm alone, and they're either alone or paying attention to the fact I'm passing, usually I would say 'hi' to my female friends, and definitely to a girl I was interested in. But I guess, I would have had to at least had one recent conversation with her to bother doing that. I have no idea what your situation is...