+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL PLayoff Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    LoL sorry bud, but looks like I WILL be able to see the CIN/PIT game.
    That'd be the PIT/CIN game. We're the favorites, we deserve top billing.

Tone, make some money and bet Pit (-3). Lock of the year.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    I wish I woulda bet on Texas/USC!

And I dunno how safe a bet that would be... I know PIT is the favorite and even I pick them to win.. but if CIN gets that offense going... wow watch out.

They have no run defense. last time we played them when we lost, Ben had 3 INT's, it was his first game back after his thumb injury, and the first time he played with a splint on underneath his glove. Since then, we won 4 in a row, obviously he has gottenn used to the thumb/glove thing.

Their crowd, or 12th man, is insignificant. There will be some 15K plus Steeler fans there.

Here's a great betting stratedgy:

6 point tease: WAS (+8 1/2)
    CAR (+8 1/2)

7 point tease: NE (-1/2)
    PIT (+4)

And reverse the 2 ie- reverse WAS and CAR, and NE and PIT.

EDIT: lines tell you everything.

lol

i was invited by a family friend to see the buccs today...

...i didn't think it was a big deal. but apparantly it's play off time? so, if buccs win (fingers crossed), then how many more do they need to win to be crowed CHAMPIONS....

.....'again'.

So, apparantly the Steelers made it out of that three way tie/tricky situation...

...well done

Tone Guest
    They'd need to win 3 more.. Divisional game, Championship game, and Super Bowl.

Not gonna happen. Sorry RK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    They have no run defense. last time we played them when we lost, Ben had 3 INT's, it was his first game back after his thumb injury, and the first time he played with a splint on underneath his glove. Since then, we won 4 in a row, obviously he has gottenn used to the thumb/glove thing.

Their crowd, or 12th man, is insignificant. There will be some 15K plus Steeler fans there.
    Not having a run defense won't mean anything if they get their offense going and they get into a shootout with PIT having to play catch-up all day, abandoning the run game for the most part.

The reason they lost the last game and Ben had all those INT is because he HAD to throw the ball cause they were constantly playing catch-up with the CIN offense.
    Last edited by Tone; 06-01-06 at 10:55 PM.

[QUOTE=Tone]They'd need to win 3 more.. Divisional game, Championship game, and Super Bowl.

Not gonna happen. Sorry RK.

Don't we have Caddilac Williams and Simeone Rice?

Oh Well. I'll be watching them VERY CLOSELY TODAY.

Tone Guest
    You mean tomorrow

Hey guys, hope you all enjoyed yourselves, i sure did. Missed you all!

Here are my NFL picks:

Washington 10 Tampa Bay 13 --- I predict a close game with Tampa coming on top. Even though i agree with Lloyd on Simms needing to mature, i think their d has done a very good job for most of the year so i say they'll shut Washington down and make key plays to win this one.

Jacksonville 14 New England 21 --- New England always comes up big when it counts so why should it be any different this time around? Same can't be said for the Jags.

Carolina 24 New York G 21 --- I think this one will be extremely close but due to Giants inexperience at qb position and Carolina's strong d, Panthers should be able to pull this one off.

Pittsburgh 31 Cincinnati 24 -- If Bengals can get going offensively, they will make things hard for the Steelers, although unless they miraciously strengthen their weaker d, Bengals will not be able to win this one.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    ASIP!! Missed you too buddy!

Hey we picked the same teams to win... I knew you were a smart one ;)

You mean tomorrow
    oh, um yeah -> tommorow

[QUOTE=RSK]
    Yes, and Chris Simms, who for all purposes is basically a rookie. He'll be good, but needs more experience.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    Yes, and Carolina has Steve Smith and Julius Peppers and Mike Rucker.

NYG has Tiki Barber, Eli, Plaxico, well-dressed Amani Toomer, Shockey, and then their two monster defensive ends Strahan and Umenyiora.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Hey guys, hope you all enjoyed yourselves, i sure did. Missed you all!

Washington 10 Tampa Bay 13 --- I predict a close game with Tampa coming on top. Even though i agree with Lloyd on Simms needing to mature, i think their d has done a very good job for most of the year so i say they'll shut Washington down and make key plays to win this one.
    hey asip! good to see you back! yeah, we missed you too. a few of us were wondering where you went...

i also think buccs can pull a win, but i think the margin will be greater...

...i mean, the buccs play GREAT at home, and also, have the 'playoff' experience in a few players (and the coach)...

...all in all, it should be interesting...

but like the gaffer said, whether you win by 1 or 20, it's the dubbya (W) that counts at the end...

people don't remember 'how' a superbowl is one, but WHO WON IT

NYG has Tiki Barber.
    we have the better one

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast