+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL PLayoff Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    ASIP!! Missed you too buddy!

Hey we picked the same teams to win... I knew you were a smart one
    I hope we're at least close...I would be surprised with something like Pittsburgh 7 Cincinnati 31..right Lloyd?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    I hope we're at least close...I would be surprised with something like Pittsburgh 7 Cincinnati 31..right Lloyd?
    Ha! No.

I think I picked the same way except with WAS instead of TB. Comes down to QB's: Simms vs. Brunell. Even Phil Simms would lose this one.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    we have the better one
    No way!

I'd take Tiki in my backfield over Cadillac any day! Not to mention the Giants receivers are way better than the Buccs...

I think TB can get past WSH but I don't foresee them beating any other team left.. except MAYBE the Bears... even then I'd pick the Bears to win.

Da Bears are the worst team ever to get a bye.

Interesting though, 20 years ago the Bears beat the Pats in the Supre Bowl, could be the same matchup this year. I mean, theoretically, it could be the same.

Tone Guest
    Theoretically.

Even *IF* the Bears did make it to the Super Bowl.. there's no way they could beat the Patriots.

Or the Colts.

Theoretically.

Even *IF* the Bears did make it to the Super Bowl.. there's no way they could beat the Patriots.

Or the Colts.
    Ahem. Forgetting someone??

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    hey asip! good to see you back! yeah, we missed you too. a few of us were wondering where you went...

i also think buccs can pull a win, but i think the margin will be greater...

...i mean, the buccs play GREAT at home, and also, have the 'playoff' experience in a few players (and the coach)...

...all in all, it should be interesting...

but like the gaffer said, whether you win by 1 or 20, it's the dubbya (W) that counts at the end...

people don't remember 'how' a superbowl is one, but WHO WON IT
    I agree that Buccs play great at home RSK, i just think that neither team is that good offensively (unless they're playing against weak d) and they're both good defensively so that's why i predict a low scoring game with Tampa making smarter decisions and taking this game.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Ahem. Forgetting someone??
    Nah - I can't see the Bengals gettin by either Indy or New England in the Championship Game.

i read the sports section, and found an article on tampa bay buccs, and i recall the writer saying the team is STILL not respected, and is STILL the laughing stock of the NFL...

...is this true? If so, then why?

I mean, they 'have' one a Super Bowl!

Tone Guest
    What any team has done years ago doesn't mean much to what's going on TODAY.

I wouldn't say they are the laughing stock of the NFL.. but no one considers them "champions" anymore since it's been, what... 4 years since they won their Super Bowl against the Raiders?

I think people are just critical of their young, inexperienced QB and don't think he will be able to lead them far in the NFL playoffs. It's a much different atmosphere than the regular season games.

What any team has done years ago doesn't mean much to what's going on TODAY.

I wouldn't say they are the laughing stock of the NFL.. but no one considers them "champions" anymore since it's been, what... 4 years since they won their Super Bowl against the Raiders?

I think people are just critical of their young, inexperienced QB and don't think he will be able to lead them far in the NFL playoffs. It's a much different atmosphere than the regular season games.
    that makes sense, i guess i'm being just a bit optamistic

Nah - I can't see the Bengals gettin by either Indy or New England in the Championship Game.
    You must be stoned.

Tone Guest
    Hey no worries RK, that's what you're suppose to when it comes to your favorite team :]

He doesn't have a favorite team; he's just rooting for them b/c they're local.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    He doesn't have a favorite team; he's just rooting for them b/c they're local.

I've carried the buccs on my back since the DAY they became an NFL team!!! I was PROUD of the Orange and Blue!!!

I cried when Sapp and Johnson Left us. I cried when we WON the Super Bowl...

When...........

okay...who am i kidding???

yeah, they 'are' local, (kind of)

and i 'did' jump on the bandwagon when they won the superbowl: BUT IT WAS SOOOOOO CRAZY....that night people jammed the streets and honked horns, and it was a HUGE party...

...people were so HAPPY...

...i know it's greedy of me, but i just want another one of those feelings

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast