Thread: NFL PLayoff Thread!

Tone Guest

It's Playoff Time!

That's right folks - it's here.

Post your picks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NFC Wildcard Game 1 - January 7th
    Washington (10-6) at Tampa Bay (11-5)

Tone's pick: Bucs 28-20. Not a fan of either, don't really care who wins this game, but I think Tampa has been playing well lately, plus they're at home.

AFC Wildcard Game 1 - January 7th
    Jacksonville (12-4) at New England (10-6)

Tone's pick: Pats 30-13. Tom Brady is undefeated in the playoffs, and will stay that way until they travel to Indy. The Jags record is deceiving, they have had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.

NFC Wildcard Game 2 - January 8th
    Carolina (11-5) at New York (11-5)

Tone's pick: Panthers 27-23. This game could go either way, I think. Carolina, when they play well, are very very hard to beat - but they're main problem this season has been staying consistant. Same with the Giants... I think this will be a close game, could go either way, but I like the Panthers to win this one.

AFC Wildcard Game 2 - January 8th
    Pittsburgh (11-5) at Cincinnati (11-5)

Tone's pick: Steelers 34-27. Lloyd's Steelers sure have been playing well lately, the Bengals have not. Cinci is too weak on defense, and I think they will have a lot of redzone mistakes leading to no points or field goals instead of touchdowns. I'll be rootin for Cinci (sorry Lloyd!!) but I think Pittsburgh is just too strong.

I'm going to pick Carolina and Indianapolis in the Super Bowl, with Indy winning.

Will update after this weekend's playoff action, with Divisional picks.

Denver vs Seattle in the bowl with Denver winning. Duh
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL.... I've actually been keeping track of all this stuff too. Aren't you guys proud of me?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Allright now let me tell you who is really going to win here lol

Tampa Vs Washington.
    You say Tampa is playing well lately??? Washington has won 5 straight, I look for washington to score early with the deep threat of Santana Moss, and I look for Chris Sims to struggle as they are foced to pass more than they want because they will be losing.21-10

NE vs. Jacksonville
    I'm actually rooting for the jags to win out of all the teams, they are a good team. However NE wins fairly easy. 24-14

Caronlina vs Giants
    yes this game could go either way, it's going to be determined how well manning plays. I think the giants squeek it out with a feild goal at the end 20-17.

Steelers vs Cincinnati
    Loydss Steelers, hope your not confusing someone with Bill Cower? The bengals D kinda sucks as of late, the Steelers are too physical with them and will run all over them. Steelers win in a closer game than it should be. 27-24.

Tone Guest
    Yay football fan!

I, too, will be rooting for the Jags, but the Pats will win.

And by "Lloyd's Steelers" I meant Lloyd95 of LF, his favorite team is the Steelers.

And true that Washington is on a streak, but I just don't like them, I don't like Joe Gibbs, I don't like any of their players, so I don't root for them :]

If they get Cadillac goin, I think the Bucs can win.

Interesting, a few more football fans as of late, yay!

OK, my picks:

Washington over TB 24-6.
    Chris Simms needs another year to mature, just like Big Ben didn't fare well in the playoffs last year (his rookie season). Brunell's knee should be good, he's a veteran and Simms will be forced to run around in the pocket alot.

NE over Jax 28-7
    In a blow out; score should be higher, but NE rarely runs up the score. Jax has no business even being in the playoffs over such teams as SD, KC.

NY over CAR24-21 in OT
    Tone if you picked CAR to goto the Supe, but only have them winning by 3 in NY, then according to that, I'd say they get smoked at Seattle.
    NY will only go as far as Eli will take them, and he is sporadic and has a few "flashes" of excellence, but that's it. The win a squeeker here, but get smoked on the road.

PIT over CIN 31-17
    Last thing Pittsburgh wants is a shootout so they will try to control the ball and the tempo. Figure Ben to give up one int. for either a TD or costly field position; but establish the run early, feed off of playaction, then turn to the Bus late to move the chains and run out the clock.

Final word: Lay the 3 points in the Steelers game, line will probably goto 3 1/2, then lay more. Pittsburgh does what no other #6 seed has done and win 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl, then defeat NE and end NE's run.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    I first had down Seattle vs Indy for the Super Bowl. But I changed to Carolina because I think they have a lot of confidence, and if they can stay consistant and take care of NYG I think they will carry a ton of confidence and momentum against the rest of the weaker NFC. (Plus they're one of my favorite NFC teams) ;P

I think Seattle is a little overrated. Stop Alexander and you can beat Seattle.. the problem is there are very few teams that can actually do that.

Can't wait to see what happens. The more I think of it you guys are probably right that Washington will beat TB, but I think they definately have a chance, but could care less who wins that game.

Agree, I could care less about the Wash/TB game. I won't even watch it probably.

Funny thing, at the Wash/Philly game this weekend, Some Philly fan dumped beer on Clinton Portis's group of fans in the stands. Portis' mom turned around and punched some lady in the nose. They later brought his mom and stepfather to the sidelines.

Nice motherly example she sets; no wondered all these athletes get so fvcked up mentally.

Tone Guest
    LOL yeah I read about that on ESPN earlier today. When asked about it he said how proud he was of his mom for what she did, too. I don't like him - Portis. Typical Miami player.

Bumping it back up so you know I did it
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Tone Guest
    Bless you, Cybog!!

On this whole site, 3 people care about the NFL playoffs? bunch of pansies.

thx Cybog, mighty white of you.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    On this whole site, 3 people care about the NFL playoffs? bunch of pansies.
    I know, seriously!

I'm upset.. I'm gonna miss a bit of Sunday's game.. I think the CAR/NYG game.. the one I wanna see the most of all the wildcard games..

We're having a big poker tournament at 1:00, so I'll only be able to see the score and not watch the game. >;[

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I'm upset.. I'm gonna miss a bit of Sunday's game.. I think the CAR/NYG game.. the one I wanna see the most of all the wildcard games..
    You're dead to me too.

Tone Guest
    LoL sorry bud, but looks like I WILL be able to see the CIN/PIT game.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast