+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A love that's worth fighting for...

indigosoul Guest
    what the heck is going on w/you two? Shh, is this your daughter or something???

(sorry, mean Vashti)

if it is, tell her to choose a different Avatar. "Vash" in French, means "cow" (spelled, vache), FYI, and that s all i can think when I see your posts together, sorry.
    Last edited by indigosoul; 07-01-06 at 12:30 PM.

i agree with Tone and all the above who agree with Tone also .
    a great relationship wich could have potential to be your future marriage or "partner" is worth a million times more than some trip or something of that sort ... seriously , if i had a choice in between a million dollars and to stay with my GF with who i have a great relationship and she might become my wife in the future ... might ... i would take to continue with the girl and screw the million because its not every day that you find someone that you have a great relationship with .

i say try to talk to her and make sense out of this ... if not , as last resort , ultimatum
    give her a choice between all you guys have and some trip ...

indigosoul Guest
    And getting back to the topic:

I disagree with the ultimatum-thing. He hasn't actually said (I think) WHY shes needing to do this. My husband and I were seperated for a year when we were still dating in college. Distance, for a well-defined time period, is a good opportunity to test the commitment of the relationship, esp if you are considering something more longterm with this lady. If its strong, you'll endure or make arrangements to be together. If not, then you've learned something.

Ultimatums are to be avoided in any relationship. They are an attempt at control of another person. Ask yourself why an ultimatum is necessary. This is a bad experience, both for the one attempting to control and the one resisting that control.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Unless she is doing missionary work (which I consider immoral and arrogant) I say she ought to go, and you would be selfish to keep her from it. Once she settles down and has kids, she will never have the opportunity to do this again.
    But I am sure you find the tax system, welfare, and some way to punish the wealthy OK

Commy.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Yes, if she is doing missionary work, I think he should try to stop her. They make all Americans look crazy and arrogant, an image we should be trying to distance ourselves from considering the political situation of the last 6 years....

Anyway, that is my opinion.

Humanitarian aid is good, though.

Sure, any freebie, just like the DNC to take from the working class, and redistribute the wealth.

You know, I have to jab you a tad, I am working OD again, late nights.

HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    But I am sure you find the tax system, welfare, and some way to punish the wealthy OK

Commy.
    Nah - I have much better ways in mind to punish the wealthy. I think all the missionaries of the world ought to spend their time relentlessly hounding the soulless wealthy. And yes, they should keep paying their fair share of taxes. And if I were King for a day, they'd pay mine too.

fascist

PS - have you come to your senses about Bush yet? Your boys are going down, and I do worry about your frame of mind sometimes...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    i agree with vasthi.
    Really? Shocker.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12