+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Different personality.. advice please

Different personality.. advice please

My boyfriend and I have been going out for about a week now, however, he seems like a completely differect person when I actually talk to him. I mean, we talk a lot on AIM and he seems truely azamzing, the stuff he would say are really sweet, and he always texts me tellin me how much he misses me and stuff like that. However, the problem when I actually see him in person, he is nothing like like, he acts as if his my brother of something. He just seems like another one of my friends and not my boyfriend. Like today when I saw him, we sat in my car and talked for a hour about nothing. But when he can online at night he was a whole different person. he told how much he wants to hold me tight and never let go, how much he misses me, and stuff like that. But in reality, when he sees me he says nothing of that sort. Do u think that his confidnece goes down when he see me or maybe his nervous around me? what do u think this means? is he just nervous or what? any ideas?

You are withnessing the computers effect on mankind. When he is really with you, he doesn't have time to think about what he wants to say. IM is great for romance because it gives time to think about what you want to say.

its only been a week and your whinning , shit . i give it a month tops on this relationship ... plus how can he miss you if hes only been with you for a week , sounds like he's trying to do/say alot more than anyone normal would/should ... wich is a whole lot of BS .

AIM or wtv it is , is pretty pathetic . you got a phone , use it , you can tell some things by the tone of voice and answers are instant ... why type? see AIM is for losers IMO ... if you have to plan out what to talk about and have time to think in order to have a conversation , then you seriously suck ... everybody that does that , very childish , like sending letters to your girl wich is sitting right next to you at school . wtv , i wouldnt even try to say these things after only a week of dating because i would sound like a fool and it would most probably be bullShi t . it sounds like the type of guy who would say "i love you" by the end of the 3rd week and your actually the type of girl who would buy all that nonsense ... i bet you your under 20 y old ... right? ( i would have said 13 but you mentioned a car ... ohh well, maybe he's a pedophile and you are 13 after all)

ps : seriously ... your Boyfriend ?!?! you call him that after only one week ... HA ... sounds more like a date to me . even after a couple of weeks i dont call a girl im seeing my "girlfriend" .
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 07-01-06 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiee
    You are withnessing the computers effect on mankind. When he is really with you, he doesn't have time to think about what he wants to say. IM is great for romance because it gives time to think about what you want to say.
    computers affect on mankind? not really...most people are well adjusted enough to get by in real life. only a small percetage of people affected are so dysfunctional...it doesn't affect all of mankind, not by a long shot.

and IM is NOT great for romance. it's the opposite of romance. if anything...it simulates one of the worst kinds of relationships: a long distance relationship. nobody likes that. and seriously...if you need too much time to think about what to say before saying it...then in most cases, it's no longer genuine, but rather contrived. oh...and IM is even worse than most long distance relationships...cuz a phone is MUCH better...

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    its only been a week and your whinning , shit . i give it a month tops on this relationship ... plus how can he miss you if hes only been with you for a week , sounds like he's trying to do/say alot more than anyone normal would/should ... wich is a whole lot of BS .

AIM or wtv it is , is pretty pathetic . you got a phone , use it , you can tell some things by the tone of voice and answers are instant ... why type? see AIM is for losers IMO ... if you have to plan out what to talk about and have time to think in order to have a conversation , then you seriously suck ... everybody that does that , very childish , like sending letters to your girl wich is sitting right next to you at school . wtv , i wouldnt even try to say these things after only a week of dating because i would sound like a fool and it would most probably be bullShi t . it sounds like the type of guy who would say "i love you" by the end of the 3rd week and your actually the type of girl who would buy all that nonsense ... i bet you your under 20 y old ... right?
    Well, in my situation, I try to guess the girl's thoughts... and try not to hurt her in any way. If IM is for loosers, then it is flooded with losers.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiee
    Well, in my situation, I try to guess the girl's thoughts... and try not to hurt her in any way. If IM is for loosers, then it is flooded with losers.
    it's MUCH easier to gauge a persons thoughts when you're WITH THEM! the next best is to speak over phone. IM is the worst way to try to gauge a persons thoughts and feelings.

and yes...it is flooded with losers...

hey funsounds , we posted at the same time
    but seriously , the AIM part and phone part was somewhat similar in our posts .
    see AIM IS for losers .

i dont understand , the phone was invented so many decades before the phone and instant TYPING comes out and now most suckers are like

"wow , we can type now , its so gangsta , look i cant spell what's up ,>> wazzup ... but insnt writting for "uncool" ppl , ya but it doesnt matter because we are just brainless sheeps who go with fads ."

****ing dumb shitheads ... its embarrassing to see that the smartest race on this planet is actually THIS dumb (well in general) , i bet aliens are laughing at us somewhere in space if they exist .
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 07-01-06 at 12:38 PM. Reason: just reajusting some things.

Quote Originally Posted by funsounds
    it's MUCH easier to gauge a persons thoughts when you're WITH THEM! the next best is to speak over phone. IM is the worst way to try to gauge a persons thoughts and feelings.

and yes...it is flooded with losers...
    Finally... I said something right

Smack him a few times and tell him to man up! How old are you two? Perhaps it's a confidence issue and the way you describe it, sounds exactly that. Give it some time.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    hey funsounds , we posted at the same time
    but seriously , the AIM part and phone part was somewhat similar in our posts .
    see AIM IS for losers .

i dont understand , the phone was invented so many decades before the phone and instant TYPING comes out and now most suckers are like

"wow , we can type now , its so gangsta , look i cant spell what's up ,>> wazzup ... but insnt writting for "uncool" ppl , ya but it doesnt matter because we are just brainless sheeps who go with fads ."

****ing dumb shitheads ... its embarrassing to see that the smartest race on this planet is actually THIS dumb (well in general) , i bet aliens are laughing at us somewhere in space if they exist .

Yeah.. maybe ur rite IM is 4 losers.. in which case just about every human is a loser.. cause i'm positive every human has used an IM serivce at 1 point n another in their lives.. u r usin 1 now.. this whole fourm is a sort of IM thing.. in a sense anyways.. U can't possible tell me u never used an IM serivce b4 2 justify ur answer..
    and we do talk on the phone alot, but his jus different when he talks on IM, then on the phone or reality. and his 21 n i'm 17.

Perhaps he's just nervous talking to girls face to face. Has he ever had a 'girlfriend' before? I know a number of blokes that find it difficult talking to girls because they get nervous. It's something about being in the presence of a girl that makes some guys nervous. I wouldn't know, but maybe if he lacks experience of talking to girls, especially in that way, that's y he's not the same as he is on IM.

Does any of that actually make sense?!

Quote Originally Posted by nano
    Perhaps he's just nervous talking to girls face to face. Has he ever had a 'girlfriend' before? I know a number of blokes that find it difficult talking to girls because they get nervous. It's something about being in the presence of a girl that makes some guys nervous. I wouldn't know, but maybe if he lacks experience of talking to girls, especially in that way, that's y he's not the same as he is on IM.

Does any of that actually make sense?!
    Maybe that's the case.. thats wat i thought was the case.. that he just gets nervous when his actually around me.. but then again he has experience.. i mean he had a g/f b4.. so maybe it's something else.. but as of right now.. i believe its casue his nervous, he jus finds it diffuclt to express himself in my presence.. am i being just naive and stupid? or is there more to this?

Quote Originally Posted by MereSanam143
    Maybe that's the case.. thats wat i thought was the case.. that he just gets nervous when his actually around me.. but then again he has experience.. i mean he had a g/f b4.. so maybe it's something else.. but as of right now.. i believe its casue his nervous, he jus finds it diffuclt to express himself in my presence.. am i being just naive and stupid? or is there more to this?

Have u asked him why he doesn't talk to you like he does on IM? Perhaps it's because it's so much easier to say stuff like that over the internet rather than face to face. If he's for real, he'll say it to your face eventually, you've just gotta be patient. But in the mean time, I think he should stop saying it on IM cuz it's just not fair on you.

Quote Originally Posted by MereSanam143
    Yeah.. maybe ur rite IM is 4 losers.. in which case just about every human is a loser.. cause i'm positive every human has used an IM serivce at 1 point n another in their lives.. u r usin 1 now.. this whole fourm is a sort of IM thing.. in a sense anyways.. U can't possible tell me u never used an IM serivce b4 2 justify ur answer..
    and we do talk on the phone alot, but his jus different when he talks on IM, then on the phone or reality. and his 21 n i'm 17.
    well , i was comparing the PHONE with aim .
    not a FORUM , where ppl all over the WORLD go to and discuss ... for free .
    i would be stupid to call long distance ... lets say , an aussie from this forum just to tell him , "yea i agree , heres how to sove your problem" ... plus it would cost a whole LOT of money .

yea i have used aim before , but not more than 2 mins at a time , not for a conversation .... just " hey u meeting me at 8 ... yea ... ok see you then " log off . it was because i could not reach them trough the phone also .

wtv , you know im right because its stupid to go on aim when you can talk on the phone . your probably to embarassed to admit it , its ok kid .
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 08-01-06 at 08:56 PM.