+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting?

Waiting?

Hey all. I've been wondering about this for a while, so I thought I'd ask some of you.

How long would you wait for someone... without the promise of anything happening between the two of you?
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

3 and a half days.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    3 and a half days.
    ahahahaha... you are a cold woman, Miso!!

Prod, there's a quote somewhere in here by Hayward. Something about a secret that ppl don't like to talk about...

::goes to find it::

Hm. Now that you mention it, Indi, that post relates to poignancy and longing in a rather interesting way. Now I gotta go find it.
    Speak less. Say more.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Hm. Now that you mention it, Indi, that post relates to poignancy and longing in a rather interesting way. Now I gotta go find it.
    I just PMd you asking this... yes, please

indigosoul Guest
    "Let me let you in on a little secret nobody talks about that much and even fewer like to hear. If it's real, you'll wait for as long as it takes, and be happy to do so. You won't be pining away, or moaning over your loss, or wishing for this or that or the other. But you WILL be waiting. You'll go on about your life, change jobs, get married, have kids, they'll grow up, you'll get divorced. And you'll STILL be waiting. Then you'll retire, take up a hobby, turn that into a second career, become a grandparent, trade in your blades for a mountain bike, sell the second business you created, take a world tour with your bike in tow...and still be waiting. Then, one day, years later, decades even, at an airport, hailing a cab, paying for a cup of coffee, you'll turn around and there she'll be. You'll each look beyond ALL the experiences etched into your faces and see each other as you were then..and it will be as if you never left each other.

Point is: Once you REALLY put ALL your emotional money down on ONE person, there will always be a part of you ready to receive them again. It doesn't go away. You just learn to live around it. If it comes to pass you never see them again, you take great pleasure in having had the blessing of loving at all...savoring that pleasure, perhaps, may even be the last thought you have before you die.

So, now. Go live."

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal
    Hey all. I've been wondering about this for a while, so I thought I'd ask some of you.

How long would you wait for someone... without the promise of anything happening between the two of you?
    depends on how badly i've fallen for the person. but you know...it's usually not healthy to wait for someone when there's no hope of success...it's usually self-destructive, the way most people go about it in their mind...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I believe it is true a person can hold a small part of your heart for the rest of your life, I don't suggest "waiting around" for them if they have not expressed interest. You are supposed to LIVE a life - not waste it by waiting around for something "good" to happen. Besides, the girl who is really meant for you is out there hoping to find you, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    While I believe it is true a person can hold a small part of your heart for the rest of your life, I don't suggest "waiting around" for them if they have not expressed interest. You are supposed to LIVE a life - not waste it by waiting around for something "good" to happen. Besides, the girl who is really meant for you is out there hoping to find you, too.
    I hope you're listening, Prod... As she says, LIVE, man. Hayward's quote says the same. When and if the chance arises, then do what you must, whatever that is, as is right for you.

I'm kinda waiting around against the advice of many but indigosoul your first post is exactly what I think! Damn this is hard

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    "Let me let you in on a little secret nobody talks about that much and even fewer like to hear. If it's real, you'll wait for as long as it takes, and be happy to do so. You won't be pining away, or moaning over your loss, or wishing for this or that or the other. But you WILL be waiting. You'll go on about your life, change jobs, get married, have kids, they'll grow up, you'll get divorced. And you'll STILL be waiting. Then you'll retire, take up a hobby, turn that into a second career, become a grandparent, trade in your blades for a mountain bike, sell the second business you created, take a world tour with your bike in tow...and still be waiting. Then, one day, years later, decades even, at an airport, hailing a cab, paying for a cup of coffee, you'll turn around and there she'll be. You'll each look beyond ALL the experiences etched into your faces and see each other as you were then..and it will be as if you never left each other."
    I am sorry but that made me laugh. Thanks. If I saw her and she wanted something from me that late into life I would probably explode from anger and take out half the airport. I would split an atom in my brain lol. Anyways...if someone is on my mind the definitly getting married to someone else is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TyRuK
    I'm kinda waiting around against the advice of many but indigosoul your first post is exactly what I think! Damn this is hard

Don't let other people tell you what to do. Don't look at advice as things to do..rather look at other situations and use them as a guide.

You are supposed to LIVE a life - not waste it by waiting around for something "good" to happen.

Everyone and I do mean everyone is waiting for something good to happen...it is what some would say ...the reason that keeps us alive. What the hell does "living" a life mean to you? shit..to me it just means eating and sleeping.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 08-01-06 at 04:48 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

life ... to many ppl want to make a point out of it , but to live is just to stay alive , yea you can say "you got no life ugggghhh blabla..."

wtv , who ever decided that we HAD to have a point in our lives , why cant i just be free to live with working , minding my own buisness and doing random thinhs here and there . why do we ALWAYS HAVE to HAVE a point ? do we HAVE to find the love of our lives , do we HAVE to have the BEST carrer , do we always HAVE to struggle so much , seriously i think humankind has a nature to force itself , kind of like a fat kid that says "ohh no , im too fat i got to go in a diet " and then procceds to eat a whole pile of ice cream and burgers saying "ahh shit , i did it again just like every other day " and runs a couple of laps and then does the whole process again

kinda like those stupid fat ppl who always eat fast food but they drink diet drinks ... ROFL ... those type of ppl are such idiots .

Prodigal---"How long would you wait for someone... without the promise of anything happening between the two of you?"

I won't wait. But when that someone finds someone else, than my feelings would die.

Latevamp-----"(1) why do we ALWAYS HAVE to HAVE a point ?, (2) seriously i think humankind has a nature to force itself "

(1) Here we go.......having a point gives meaning to our existence. Gives meaning to why we are doing what we are doing. With no point in sight, what would be the point?
    (2) Force? I think ambition is self-destructive.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Everyone and I do mean everyone is waiting for something good to happen...it is what some would say ...the reason that keeps us alive. .
    Not everyone. Some of us are proactive and plan our lives. We position ourselves in a way which will increase the likelihood of good things happening.
    For example, some guys would like to meet the girl of their dreams, but they sit at home playing XBox all day, waiting for her to magically appear and hating the fact that girls seem to pass them by. Others wish to meet the girl of their dreams, so they get out into the world, develop interesting hobbies, gain an education, etc. - all things that will increase the liklihood that they will meet someone who will find them interesting, and in the meantime doing something valuable and useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    What the hell does "living" a life mean to you? shit..to me it just means eating and sleeping.
    That's not living. It is merely existing. For me, that might be nice for a vacation, but not as a lifestyle. Actually, I would find it boring even as a vacation. Anyway, it is all about quality of life. Comatose people who are on life support are technically living by your definition, but not by mine.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

indigosoul Guest
    Not everyone. Some of us are proactive and plan our lives. We position ourselves in a way which will increase the likelihood of good things happening.
    For example, some guys would like to meet the girl of their dreams, but they sit at home playing XBox all day, waiting for her to magically appear and hating the fact that girls seem to pass them by. Others wish to meet the girl of their dreams, so they get out into the world, develop interesting hobbies, gain an education, etc. - all things that will increase the liklihood that they will meet someone who will find them interesting, and in the meantime doing something valuable and useful.

Way to keep the "santa" myth alive there, Vash...

I completely agree with her post, mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast