+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I over-reacting

Am I over-reacting

So I am in a long-distance relationship and I told my bf about a family bbq which was happening today about a a month ago. The other day he said he was going out tonight (night of the bbq) but we agreed he would go to the bbq and out after as he had forgotten about the bbq. So this was fine.
    Prior to leaving the bbq I teased him that I would go out for a few drinks on my own whilst he was out with his work colleagues. He took me seriously and said he wouldn't be comfortable with me out and about on my own (he was only meeting his work colleagues for 2 hours before catching the next bus). I calmed the situation down and told him I was only teasing and wanted him to go out and have fun and I would head back to his and wait for him to get home. For all you guys out there - this was not a game and I genuinely meant it.

He walked me to the bus stop and left me there. As I was waiting for the bus his best mate walked past and said hello and said my bf had asked him to come get me because him and his gf were going to the same pub (the pub he was in was literally JUST across the road from the bus stop). I declined to join them and again his best mate told me my bf had asked him to come get me but I told his friend that my bf had already told me he didn't want me there.

My bf had already left me with two bags to take back to his and I had already been to the shop to buy a bottle of wine to chill out with at his house on my own.

Am I justified in feeling a little annoyed. My bf had made such a big deal about it being a guys night and he didn't want me to go out for a few drinks alone whilst he was out as he didn't feel right if he knew I was about and not with him but yet at some point he had obviously told his best mate that he was out and about and his best mate had decided to join him with his gf in tow.

I'm just trying to gain perspective before he gets back because I kind of feel like if he wanted me about then he would have taken me regardless but I was only invited eventually because his mate had the balls to say 'i'll join you but I'm bringing my gf too'.

I dunno how I feel but it doesn't feel right/fair.

I'm open to suggestions on how to deal with this because I wouldn't want to over-react...

I hope this makes some kind of sense?

Hello Bayleanne, welcome aboard. Enjoy your visits.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"