View Poll Results: has lf become too strict?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, yes. i post with fear that i will be deleted and/or banned, or i have been banned already.

3 25.00%
  • some moderation is necessary, but some things are unnecessarily being moderated.

9 75.00%
  • no, the governance and moderation is necessary and is done well.

1 8.33%
  • no. i would like the forum to go unmoderated.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: study: is lf become too strict?

study: has lf become too strict?

i think it's time we come up with a solution here about lf and all that is going on.

please do not flame lest ye be fired.

but do not be afraid to speak your mind on the subject. shh! and vashti can add one vote for bluevette.

edit: you can vote for more than one option...
    Last edited by misombra; 20-01-06 at 01:28 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If my vote counted, I would vote that bluevette and funsounds be un-banned and for RSK to be made a moderator.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluevette is banned? when did this happen?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=11364&page=3[/url]
    ---------------------------------------------------------

As well as being banned, there is the fear of being verbally attacked by a moderater and having no means os addressing it. When a person 'in charge' is allowed to call members whores and pussys...how is THAT moderating? And is a member retaliates...it's called flaming.

As I said in a previous post that's been deleted...I know I'm relatively new here...I know I'm older than most of ya'll...but this just doesn't make sense...and yet...it not only seems that this abusive behaviour from a moderator is condoned...but rewarded...by banning the few members who tried to speak out against it.
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

very true, vanilla. i don't mind being attacked verbally, but if i'm not allowed to strike back … this whole ban-thing really is like being told: "you have been very naughty, go stand in the corner until you've learned how to behave yourself."

Yes, it's too strict and getting way out of hand. The deleting of posts is ridiculous.

Most of the regulars, and newer members, I would consider friends, or at least efriends. I'm on 3 Message boards religiously and this is the only one where I have not met members in person, whatever that's worth.

I would consider a "coup" of sorts and have the dozen or so guys and gals go to some other site, but that seems kind of silly just for the sake of 1 or 2 over zealous Moderators.

Im sure there's an even ground somewhere, but realize that we will still want to have fun here, and realize that LF would continue to be LF with or without us.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

you're all CRAZY! i think it's not strict enough!!!!!

i think users should continously praise and laud our glorious moderators/overseers! their capricious behavior should be responded with due kowtow! we should be ever obsequious! any foolhardy user with enough temerity to speak out against any of our overlords or their actions should be met with the harshest of measures: permanent lifetime ban by username and ip address...and death. yes, death. the user should be tracked down and killed before their infectious pugnaciousness spreads to the rest of us...the loyal, sycophantic subjects of this august web oasis!
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

could you please refrain from bringing nazi germany into every little dispute that's going on? i'm a bit touchy on that front.

Tone Guest
    For you - anything.

wow, you even deleted it – i didn't mean to make you, i meant it just for the future, but thanks a lot! i don't want to sound like i'm sucking up to you, but i really have to say it again: you have got a heart of gold!

Tone should advertise LF at school; then when NE women sign on; he can flirt with girls he actually has a chance with.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    LOL I was just being nice, that's all.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, man or woman.

But I do like that idea TAVS. :]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know, I agree with most of the moderation.....there's so many times I've come on here and there's only one thread running that's 5 pages of people's personal conversation. I agree you should just PM unless it's something other people can also respond to. I'm as guilty as anyone else for going off topic, but there's some people that consistently don't even look at the thread title and just go and post whatever random crap pops into their head.

I think some of us here need to take a giant dose of RELAX, and stop feeding the mob mentality of 'the man is sticking it to us again'. Lord.

As for the mods, I also think you guys should relax on the banning. The only people I could ever remember being banned were just complete psychos and losers that everyone WANTED banned. It's not dependent on your ego and/or mood.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

As long as I have been here, only 3 people that I know of (other than obvious advertising spammers) have been banned. Moderators do not have the ability to institute a ban. The 2 chuckle heads that Loveadmin just banned were TEMPORARY and won't be gone long, and only because they decided to take it upon themselves to initiate on onslaught of personal attacks and threads simply for the purpose of "calling out" moderation on the website.

It's nice to know that there are still rational thinkers on the website such as Bluesummer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast