+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mod Suggestions?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for all the support, but I think being a mod is a good job for a college kid who is more knowledgeable about technology than I. I can barely manage posting on a thread. I think that would leave Tone or RSK, and I think either would be fine.

Everyone has listed all of Tones positive qualities (and I certainly agree with them) so here is a bit of support for RSK.

He always tries to give good advice, and I have never seen him lose his temper, even when provoked. He doesn't take himself too seriously and likes to have fun, and for those who are offended by the flirting (not me, by the way) I can't remember him participating in any. All said, I think he would make a good, fair mod. Furthermore, he has stated several times that he would like to be a mod.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

but he doesn't seem to like us anymore.
    he hasn't showed up for three days now. i miss him.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nah - it is probably only temporary. He often goes away for short periods of time, and then he is back.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

+1 for RSK (or tone).
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

we should have two more moderators. we'll have four of five active mods and there will be more of a chance that at least mod will be here most of the time, leaving them more free to have fun rather than moderate all the time.

and i think rsk could be a good moderator. but i think a female mod would be good too.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i think tone and shh! would make great mods. the only problem i foresee is that tone isn't around a lot on the weekends and that's when all the spam comes in. shh! is and i think she should say yes and just do it.
    ...Jobshare, Shh and Tone?? Works in other areas. And who says there can only be one more mod?? If both accept, then it will lighten the load for all the mods. Cybog might actually get a much needed day off...

I also think RSK would also be a good choice. He'd be quite responsible, I think, given the chance. I think that a lot of his "silly threads" are boredom. As a parent, I will tell you that when kids are bored, you give them a JOB so they don't have time for trouble...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i dont agree on the latter ...

but i do agree on Misombra, Tone, and Shh! ... but I do believe it would take the fun out of posting if they gotta look out for jerks like me all the time ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

I agree, like misombra said, being a mod takes all the fun out of it.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

I'm Back :)

First of all, thx for the kind words above

Alice, that's complete nonesense! There is no reason for me to not like ANYONE on this forum. Where did that one come from?

As far as Mod considerations go. I (personaly) think that the nominations should go to, Tone, misombra, or Shh! (or Vashti).

And I'll tell you all why:

Tone: Tone is virtually synonomous with LF. For the relatively short time he has been here, he has contributed to BOTH the Loveforum AND Funforum. He gives great advice, and is a likable person. His humerous and easy going personality is reflected in his posts, and I see him doing a GREAT job as Mod.

Misombra: Well, I'm sure that misombra was the FIRST name to pop into everyones mind. I'd like her as Mod, because I can see her being a disciplinarian. I mean this in a good way. She also knows what fair is, and I see her drawing the line when appropriate.

Shh!: If Tone is considered the 'cool cousin' of LF, then Shh! is DEFINATELY the 'mother' of LF. Again, I mean that in the best possible way. She is reasonable, smart, and the FIRST person I'd PM if I needed advice on something.

As far as MY nomination goes:

Well, it's no secret that I've wanted to be MOD since the day I joined this forum. I had it on my sig, and I announced it once, every 15-20 posts I made...

Reasons I can make a Good Mod (IMHO):

I am on here (almost everyday) except when I'm not here (usually lasts for days)

It will give me an opportunity to be responsible - I need something like this.

I am passionate about LF, and the reasons for a forum like this to exist.

Reasons I can't make a Good Mod (IMHO):

I spend too much time in the Fun Forum, and hardly EVER in the Love Forum

Some people here REALLY REALLY don't like me (I've recieved outrageous PMs in the past)

Well, that's it. Having said that, I'd only want to be considered, if the above three members absoultely do NOT want to be Mod. If ONE of them DOES, then THAT person should be make MOD...

I really like this place (as I've said before), and of course, I want to grow old and grey (like whaywardj) and still post on here, and tell you stories about my Grandchildren. And for a place like LF to STILL be around, I'd DEFINATELY want the best qualified Mods based on past posts, and CONTRIBUTIONS made to what this place is all aboout...

...based on THAT alone, Tone, Misombra, and Shh! are ALL GO for me

EDIT: Ok, I've just read this thread, and I believe both misombra and shh! have turned down their nomination...if this is the case, then I'm all for Tone.

This ROCKS! I feel like I am Robert De Nero, and Tone is Joe Pesci. And we are in the Move, Goodfellas. We are at the scene were Tone is about to be a Made Man (a Mod, or Boss), and Robert De Nero (Me) who could NEVER be a 'Made Man', because he had Irish Blood feels like one of 'em made it.

Last edited by RSK; 22-01-06 at 09:09 AM.

I wonder...if risky is made a moderator, would he be obligated to delete his own posts? That would be a job and a half.

Needless to say I'm with tooxshort one the anti-vote, but considering that the hierarchy is made up of intelligent individuals, I trust there is relative safety in a a better choice for a mod than risky.

Although..there doesn't seem to be a profile for moderators. If I was to make a list of criteria for moderators I would put heavy emphasis on attitude and intelligence. Other factors: maturity, participation (in the recent history), and relative seniority.

Having said this, I agree with many of the choices mentioned: Misombra, and Shh! probably top my list. They score highly in all of my criteria. Others: Tooxshort, Lloyd, Tone. Though Tone draws great parallels to Quiche, in my opinion, and if I was selecting mods I guess I'd prefer to get some diversity in and would go with the other choices first (sorry, Tone).

But plus points for Tone is that he's the only one who hasn't (atleast on this thread) turned down the job before it was even offered.

Come on, Sombra, and Vishnu..what's the big deal? I think you're pulling some false modesty in saying "oh, no, not me..don't give ME more power..I don't want it". Bullshit. Everybody wants it. Risky is the only one openly honest about that one. But that's the minus points you get with openly admitting it. But we're all being mature about this now. If you're the best candidate, why leave it to someone inferior to do it? If you have the opportunity to do your part to improve on something, I say do it..even if it implies greater responsibility...remember Uncle Ben's advice "with great power comes great responsibility". Don't leave it to someone less qualified if you are being serious about not wanting the job, and if it's false modesty, like I suggested, cut it out.

I'll lead:

My reason for not listing Frisbee, Hayward, Arty, and myself in the top candidacy: we don't satisfy the "participation (in recent history)" element. Otherwise I think any of us would be up there as good nominations. Yet, as someone suggested, mods seem to be appointed for life, like supreme court justices...even if they're never around anymore, or only minimally so. I think this isn't much help to Cybog to have another one of these, which is what we'd be since none of us are in the routine of being here often enough in the recent past. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you I don't want the "power" or that I'd reject the offer. I think I'd have more to offer as a mod than a risky, so like I said, better me than him is my philosophy. Honesty is better than false modesty.

But I wouldn't mind a refresher on what the duties of the mods are because I'm basing what I'm saying on what I think a mod does..I may be way off and risky may, in fact, be the prime candidate.

...but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    I wonder...if risky is made a moderator, would he be obligated to delete his own posts? That would be a job and a half.

Needless to say I'm with tooxshort one the anti-vote, but considering that the hierarchy is made up of intelligent individuals, I trust there is relative safety in a a better choice for a mod than risky.

Although..there doesn't seem to be a profile for moderators. If I was to make a list of criteria for moderators I would put heavy emphasis on attitude and intelligence. Other factors: maturity, participation (in the recent history), and relative seniority.

Having said this, I agree with many of the choices mentioned: Misombra, and Shh! probably top my list. They score highly in all of my criteria. Others: Tooxshort, Lloyd, Tone. Though Tone draws great parallels to Quiche, in my opinion, and if I was selecting mods I guess I'd prefer to get some diversity in and would go with the other choices first (sorry, Tone).

But plus points for Tone is that he's the only one who hasn't (atleast on this thread) turned down the job before it was even offered.

Come on, Sombra, and Vishnu..what's the big deal? I think you're pulling some false modesty in saying "oh, no, not me..don't give ME more power..I don't want it". Bullshit. Everybody wants it. Risky is the only one openly honest about that one. But that's the minus points you get with openly admitting it. But we're all being mature about this now. If you're the best candidate, why leave it to someone inferior to do it? If you have the opportunity to do your part to improve on something, I say do it..even if it implies greater responsibility...remember Uncle Ben's advice "with great power comes great responsibility". Don't leave it to someone less qualified if you are being serious about not wanting the job, and if it's false modesty, like I suggested, cut it out.

I'll lead:

My reason for not listing Frisbee, Hayward, Arty, and myself in the top candidacy: we don't satisfy the "participation (in recent history)" element. Otherwise I think any of us would be up there as good nominations. Yet, as someone suggested, mods seem to be appointed for life, like supreme court justices...even if they're never around anymore, or only minimally so. I think this isn't much help to Cybog to have another one of these, which is what we'd be since none of us are in the routine of being here often enough in the recent past. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you I don't want the "power" or that I'd reject the offer. I think I'd have more to offer as a mod than a risky, so like I said, better me than him is my philosophy. Honesty is better than false modesty.

But I wouldn't mind a refresher on what the duties of the mods are because I'm basing what I'm saying on what I think a mod does..I may be way off and risky may, in fact, be the prime candidate.

...but I doubt it.

WOW, nomas!

Well, it's clear why nobody nominated YOU mod. You are too quick to make judgements...

It's funny how you correlate being Mod to having 'Power'. Sure, being Mod, you are able to 'delete' posts and move them, and what not. But my definition of Mod, is someone who can create an enviornment for EVERYONE, and keep as many people 'happy' at the same time (which is probably next to impossible).

I don't think misombra and shh! want what you call 'Power', and I think they are genuinely not interested in the Job...

...what makes you think people are decieving?

I believe TONE is the last person standing. And I simply noted that if he doesn't want it, then I wouldn't mind doing the job. And I will do it to my best ability. If it doesn't happen, oh well. I'll still be here, as long as this plac is running. And it's only going to be 'running' if Mods know how to moderate...

...and in my books, Tone is one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    WOW, nomas!

Well, it's clear why nobody nominated YOU mod. You are too quick to make judgements...
    I only care to correct you on two points here: I am not a judge and I pass no judgement. I have opinions and I express them. Two, 2000 post's worth (not including the many posts cybog had to delete) is hardly "too quick" relative to the medium where we coexist and forge our opinions about one another.

It's funny how you correlate being Mod to having 'Power'. Sure, being Mod, you are able to 'delete' posts and move them, and what not.
    Here's another point against you. I think you were more interested in scanning my choice of words for any technicality you can use as ammunition to throw something in my face. I stand by my choice of words because I directed my post toward those intelligent enough not to read literal meanings where they know damn well the interpretation should be more analytical. You knew exactly what I meant and didn't mean, too, because you got closer in the second sentence.

But my definition of Mod, is someone who can create an enviornment for EVERYONE, and keep as many people 'happy' at the same time (which is probably next to impossible).
    We have a difference of opinion. I already asked for clarification on the job of the moderator but I am NOT under the impression that a mod tries to keep people happy. I think this is a badly deluded vision and certainly not what I see our current active mods doing. I sure as hell don't see cybog and illusional out trying to make people happy...and I don't want to see it.

I don't think misombra and shh! want what you call 'Power', and I think they are genuinely not interested in the Job...

...what makes you think people are decieving?
    I already told you what I thought here and why I think it.

I believe TONE is the last person standing. And I simply noted that if he doesn't want it, then I wouldn't mind doing the job. And I will do it to my best ability. If it doesn't happen, oh well. I'll still be here, as long as this plac is running. And it's only going to be 'running' if Mods know how to moderate...

...and in my books, Tone is one of those people.
    I never questioned your intentions. I never said you were a bad guy/girl. You and eye simply don't see eye to eye, that's all. I think you've got some growing up to do, but this doesn't say anything about any evil in your soul. Quite the contrary. I believe you are probably a very good natured individual, but I really don't want to get into a one on one with you. I have chosen to ignore you in the past and will probably continue to do so for the most part. Simply put, I feel we're at different levels and I don't like to waste mine or other people's time senselessly.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    WOW, nomas!

Well, it's clear why nobody nominated YOU mod. You are too quick to make judgements....

Actually, RSK, this isn't true. _I_ said that Nomas would make a good mod...

It's hard. B/c many of the more thoughtful posters can't/won't do it. I agree w/you RSK on this one; its not false modesty thats making them say "no".

I agree that Tone seems to be the best choice. It would be nice to hear what he thinks. Unless he has chosen to abstain from influencing things for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    I only care to correct you on two points here: I am not a judge and I pass no judgement. I have opinions and I express them. Two, 2000 post's worth (not including the many posts cybog had to delete) is hardly "too quick" relative to the medium where we coexist and forge our opinions about one another.

Here's another point against you. I think you were more interested in scanning my choice of words for any technicality you can use as ammunition to throw something in my face. I stand by my choice of words because I directed my post toward those intelligent enough not to read literal meanings where they know damn well the interpretation should be more analytical. You knew exactly what I meant and didn't mean, too, because you got closer in the second sentence.

We have a difference of opinion. I already asked for clarification on the job of the moderator but I am NOT under the impression that a mod tries to keep people happy. I think this is a badly deluded vision and certainly not what I see our current active mods doing. I sure as hell don't see cybog and illusional out trying to make people happy...and I don't want to see it.

I already told you what I thought here and why I think it.

I never questioned your intentions. I never said you were a bad guy/girl. You and eye simply don't see eye to eye, that's all. I think you've got some growing up to do, but this doesn't say anything about any evil in your soul. Quite the contrary. I believe you are probably a very good natured individual, but I really don't want to get into a one on one with you. I have chosen to ignore you in the past and will probably continue to do so for the most part. Simply put, I feel we're at different levels and I don't like to waste mine or other people's time senselessly.

wow! i actually agree with you

i have NOTHING to add

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast