View Poll Results: which gender (male or female) has faced the most adversity?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • male

5 50.00%
  • female

5 50.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: study: which gender has had it harder?

study: which gender has had it harder?

vote and flameth not my brethren.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neither, and only haters of the oppposite sex believe they have it tougher.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

oh yeah i forgot the "both" option... sorry oops!

wait how the hell do i edit the poll?

[url]http://hrw.org/women/[/url]

>> need i say more? women all over the world always have been and still are fighting to be given even the most basic of human rights.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahh, good point alice. I was only considering western women. I didn't take into account the brutality women around the world suffer. You win.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are we seriously going to get into this again?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

what about hermaphrodites?
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

i just thought that instead of hijacking some innocent person's thread everybody could come here and fight over who had it worse... you know?

also to expose how absolutely rediculous the argument really is.
    Last edited by misombra; 22-01-06 at 02:01 AM.

Men definitely have it easier. Punk asses. With exceptions. Gay men probably have it worse than women.

Just to comment off the top of my head.

This thread is potentially, NEVER ENDING...

...and the NEVER ENDING potential of this thread, is representative of the NEVER ENDING argument, over: Which Gener has it better.

And as the Posts dwindle down to the thousands mark, and as the 'facts' are gathered, it is apparant that neither Gender has it better (especialy when a holistic method of reasoning is used).

This thread reminds me of a book written by a person, intervied on 20/20 last week, "Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey into Manhood and Back Again"

She was a lesbian woman who dressed as a man for about 8 months, and she became 'one of the guys'. She walked into a bowling alley, and joined a guys bowling team, and forged friendships with them. she then noted the interactions of the men, and so on...........

what she found, was some interesting things that didn't suprise me ONE BIT!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I'm not going to argue the case for either gender, I figure being a woman it would be at least fair to point out some things past and present that have made life for woman challenging:

1. Bleeding monthly for most of your life
    2. Childbirth
    3. Men (ha ha - I realize this goes both ways)
    4. Corsets (They use to get their waists down to 12 inches. Ew.)
    5. Rape (I realize men get raped, but not near as much)
    6. Being expected to work, raise children, keep a household, AND serve their husband - with a smile
    7. High heels
    8. Unequal pay for equal (if not sometimes superior) work
    9. Only having equal rights as men in the last twenty years. And that's only in North America.
    10. Menopause
    11. Spending an entire lifetime being referred to as 'the weaker sex' and knowing that's the furthest thing from the truth
    12. A society that tells us we're not beautiful unless we are thin and perfect

I'm not saying we have it worse, but it's certainly not easy. A good man is one that can appreciate that. I think we've come a long way though, and women in North America should be thankful for the lives we have. In many countries around the world, women are exploited and treated worse than animals.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

ok, based on the above post, i will be a spokesmen for ALL men (roughly 3 billion of us), and say that women have it harder..........

.............woah!!

bluesummer says:

"1. Bleeding monthly for most of your life"

Poor guys have to deal with the wrath of a woman on her period.

2. Childbirth

How about getting kicked in the nuts? I promise you it hurts enough to make a grown man cry.

3. Men (ha ha - I realize this goes both ways)

I admit we can be assholes.

4. Corsets (They use to get their waists down to 12 inches. Ew.)

Here's a suggestion - try losing weight. Maybe then you won't need a corset.

5. Rape (I realize men get raped, but not near as much)

I could argue just as much about guys being raped in prison. If you are smart, you won't allow yourself to be in that situation.

6. Being expected to work, raise children, keep a household, AND serve their husband - with a smile

Nobody expects women to do all those tasks. A woman might be expected to keep a household but she usually does not work as hard as the man. There is always some trade off.

7. High heels

No one is forcing you to wear them. Don't fault us if they are uncomfortable.

8. Unequal pay for equal (if not sometimes superior) work

One of the biggest myths propagated by feminazis. If this were true, why don't most companies just hire all women? Same work for less pay, right? It would save employers lots of money. Companies would also risk being sued for sexual descrimination. Doesn't make any sense.

9. Only having equal rights as men in the last twenty years. And that's only in North America.

Please give examples. In my opinion, the law seems in favor of women these days.

10. Menopause

male pattern baldness (suddenly menopause doesn't seem so bad).

11. Spending an entire lifetime being referred to as 'the weaker sex' and knowing that's the furthest thing from the truth

I've never heard that. I know women are sometimes referred to as the "fairer sex." Perhaps they are referring to your physical strength, no?

12. A society that tells us we're not beautiful unless we are thin and perfect

Studies have shown that what women think is "ideal" is actually too thin for most guys. We would rather have a girl with a little meat on her instead of a skeleton. On the same token, society isn't exactly kind to overweight men either.

I should go to bed.
    Last edited by NeoSeminole; 22-01-06 at 04:42 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neo, I hope when you are working as a nurse, you go into a field that has only male patients. You REALLY seem to hate women.

By the way, I don't mind bald men (unless they are trying to hide it with a comb-over.) Men have more of an issue with that than women do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast