+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House Haunting

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe she has been carried off by an alien spaceship...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Tone Guest
    Now you might be onto something...

There was this one time, I was about 9 years old. We lived in a three story house. BUT, NOBODY went to the third floor...

...there was NOTHING there, except a rocking chair.

It was my Great Grandads chair. He used it to read books to my Mom when she was little.

The third floor is small. It's just ONE room and a small corridor that leads to the room, from the short flight of stairs...

It was night time, and I was sleeping in my Bed...

...my bedroom (on the second floor) was VERY close to the stairs leading to the third floor. I couldn't sleep that night...

...I heard a 'croaking noise', as if somebody was on the rocking chair...

...it sounded like children playing. It sounded like MORE than one or two, maybe three.

I was scared SHITLESS!!! I tucked up into my bed TIGHT...

...then, i heard LOUD banging noise on the floor boards from upstairs, and the noise made it's way to the corridor, i looked up at my ceiling, and my eyes traced the noise, as it eventually lead to stairway..........

...........then it stopped. SILENCE.

I heard NOTHING.........

...............................and then, after about 10 - 15 seconds of this haunting silence, came.......THUD, THUD, THUD.............

the thudding not only became LOUDER, but also Faster!

........someone was walking DOWN the stairs...........

I went to lock my bedroom, but as i did, i peeked into the hallway were the wooden stairs were.................

........I saw an OLD man with a book in his hand, and a candel light, he stared RIGHT into my eyes....................

I BANGED the door shut, and then opened it slowely, and he was GONE!

my parents came to see what was going on, i tried to explain, but they wouldn't listen to me...

...I NEVER slept in that room again, and never even went into that wing of the house again................

..........that was until the day we moved out of the house. some people went to the third floor to remove the rocking chair....

....and for the FIRST time, i followed them up. It was day time, and all of the dark shadows and corners were revealed.........

.......The rocking chair, it was dark green with a glossy wooden trim.

the rocking chair.............

......Did it means SO MUCH to my Great Grandfather, that he was upset that my Parents did not keep it in the house?

I think so.............

ok, so i'm kidding about the whole, 'seeing an old man thing', and hearing noises...

....but we did have a rocking chair on the third floor which DID scare the crap out of me.

Tone Guest
    DAMN RK!!!

LOL I thought it was real I was like "Sweet".

LoL

lol.it's pretty catchy rsk
    "Ogres are like onions."

woah, thx guys

when i was in kenya, we went on a school field trip, and i told ghost stories every night, to everyone. i pulled the stuff right outa my ass. turns out it went pretty good. one of the teachers there, told me i should join the drama club!!!!!!!!

now THAT was a big suprise for me! that is the ONE moment i remember in my life, in which i stepped OUTSIDE of the box...

...everybody circled around me, and i told them a story about a witch who lives in the mountains (the mountains is basically where we camped at.....lol)

i told them, that every night, she comes to the cabin, and takes people, and cuts them up, and puts them withing the floor boards of the wooden cabin walls (where we slept every night.........lol)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK

i told them, that every night, she comes to the cabin, and takes people, and cuts them up, and puts them withing the floor boards of the wooden cabin walls (where we slept every night.........lol)
    That sounds like an adaptation of Edgar Allen Poe's "Telltale Heart"...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    woah, thx guys

when i was in kenya, we went on a school field trip, and i told ghost stories every night, to everyone. i pulled the stuff right outa my ass. turns out it went pretty good. one of the teachers there, told me i should join the drama club!!!!!!!!

now THAT was a big suprise for me! that is the ONE moment i remember in my life, in which i stepped OUTSIDE of the box...

...everybody circled around me, and i told them a story about a witch who lives in the mountains (the mountains is basically where we camped at.....lol)

i went on a hiking expedition a few weeks ago. we went into the woods, in the dark, without a map, only a compass, then turned out our headlamps and no one knew how to tell a good ghost story. isn't that shitty? wish we had you there.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    i went on a hiking expedition a few weeks ago. we went into the woods, in the dark, without a map, only a compass, then turned out our headlamps and no one knew how to tell a good ghost story. isn't that shitty? wish we had you there.

i wouldv'e have LOVED to tell the Story!

i think i get it from my dad. he's also a good bull shiter - (i mean that in a good way)....

.........i just loose myself into the story, and ACTUALLY try to believe what i'm saying, to make it more convincing..........

i describe the Witch, and her past....

she has Pale white skin, and short straight dark black hair. nobody has ever seen her blink, eyes always open. she wears a dark purple robe, and she roams around the mountains.....

....her story goes like this: she was abused by her husband. the husband was a drunk. one day, she left home, and the husband dissapeared. some say he went insane, and drowned himself in the river, others say the witch ate him..........nobody knows....

......what they DO know, is that she Still roams the mountains..........

...................she likes to be left a lone, and she doesn't like it when people invade her space.......

....the very fact that we will stay the next week here. Don't travel alone anywhere - especially at nigth. if you hear voices in your room, go to the center of it. keep windows CLOSED at night, make sure she can't see throught them...................

.........you know, stuff like that

I HAVE A STORY. My mother told me this.

A while ago, she lived in an apartment in San Francisco. The upstairs was the apartment & downstairs was my aunt's bakery. The apartment had a large staircase from the front door, that led into the actual apartment. There was a small hallway & one tiny window in the hallway. It had 3 bedrooms, hardwood floors & a HUGE dinning room.

She was sitting @ the dinning room table with my cousin, & my uncle. When all of a sudden they heard footsteps on the hardwood floor... It sounded like heels. They all turned around & stared at the doorway. They saw a man wearing a black cape, black top hat, black boots & a cane run across the doorway (in the hall). When it disapeared they still heard the footsteps! My cousin got up & peeked out the dinning room door & there was no one there!

She told me this when I was little, & I thought my mom was just making stuff up but recently I went over my other aunts house & she told me a story about her seeing that same man in that house! AND she had no clue my mom saw him too! I told my mom about it and she was like "WOW are you serious??? She saw him too?!!"

I went to my Aunts bakery a few weeks ago & I went upstairs (into the apartment) the dinning room is now completely sealed because I guess alot of people heard/saw weird things & they closed it.

My mom also told me that in that same apartment.. they heard doors open & close & saw weird lights (like lightning) in the hallway!

Crazy huh!

well my great grandfather died from a ghost apparently ,

this is how it goes .
    its about 1890 around , in Guatemala , no electricity only candle light.

so my Ggrand mother (dads side) was at home one night , her husband had went to his brothers house and was coming back from the party at his bro's . She was alone in the house , late at night , she heard a crack and woke up from her half-sleep state .

she felt a presence , so she tought it was her husband , so she called out his name , Nothing. she keept saying things like "stop messing around, come to bed already" . again nothing. she still felt the presence of another person there , but there was nobody , so she tried to go back to sleep , when suddenly , she feels the weight of the bed shift as if someone would be sitting on the side of the bed . so she froze , stayed still and shut her mouth . then after a while (about 20 mins) , the weight took off . so she stayed still , after about half hour later , my G Grand Father finaly came home . She got up immediatly and told him what happened , when suddenly they hear loud noises on the roof where there used to put coffee to dry (the houses over there arent the same as the ones here , they are very simple and they arent as thick , because they dont have cold weather there) ...
    so he grabs a lamp and goes to check the roof , it sounded as if someone was running on it and nobody can do that (physically impossible because of shape) and it cannot hold the weight of a person for long , especially running .

so he goes there and he see's something , his wife is outside watching by the side of the house , he goes to check closer , he saw a weird shape and it looked like a shadow but there was nothing to create that shadow ... so he hears it running again towards him , he pulls out his knife and then suddenly the roof cracks exactly at that moment when the sounds stops and he falls , his wife rushes to check if he's all right , he died from the fall and had a scared expression stuck on his face .

she called for help , people around the block helped her out . He was buried a couple of days later and with little income , she had to sell the house (she didnt want it anymore anyways ) and had to move with one of her sisters .

thats just one of the stories i got .
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 25-01-06 at 07:55 AM.

My friends house is haunted apprently, I've never noticed anything spooky happen though. Apart from the cliched 'coldness' heh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12