+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long to wait before sex?

How long to wait before sex?

My boyfriend and me have been dating for about a month now and things are really good. We're both 17, but things are so physical between us. We both have such a sexual urge towards each other, and although we've only been together awhile, we've gone quite far. I'm completely comfortable with it, and when i'm with him have such an urge just to sleep with him.

He's very considerate and says he'll wait till i'm ready, and in a way i feel completely ready. But we've only been dating a month. I just feel that this is too soon to even be thinking about havin sex.

When do u think is the right amount of time before u sleep with someone? I know every relationship is different, but theres gotta be like a minimum expexted time or something!!

This question would be most helpful from people my age.
    Thank you in advance for ur help.
    Love sashna xxxxxxxxx

Why do you think responses from people your age would be better than those of us who have been there and have learned from our actions? Believe it or not, people older than you, often know what they're talking about.

Speaking of which; it sounds like you're a horny slut of a HS girl. Don't rush things; it'll be worth the wait.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

screw him , then when he dumps you , you can kick yourself in the head for being so stupid ... hey , btw , im close to your age ... im 19 (almost)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Taking advice from someone your own age is very often a case of the blind leading the blind.

One month is too soon when you are 17, in my opinion. I don't doubt the intensity of desire is there, but the wisdom to be able to recognize whether the guy is a keeper or not is not yet fully developed, especially after only one month. You guys are still in the "honeymoon phase", meaning you are not yet getting an accurate idea of what the other person is all about. It is very likely you will decide to drop him within a few months.

I think you should wait. I doubt you are ready to fully accept the consequences of your actions, meaning I doubt you are ready to handle an unintended pregnancy or sexually transmitted disease, not to mention the fact that mistakes at this age can cost you plenty emotionally.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

A month is way too soon to even think about sex, especially at 17. Wait til you're 18+ and in control of your hormones before you start thinking about sex.

Flutterby (aged 19)

How long have you known him? If you want to do it, then DO IT. Just don't go crying if he leaves you.

But then again... I'm 18 (but was 17 when this happened) my boyfriend & I had sex about a month after we started going out, It's been over a year now & we are STILL together!

in case nobody got it , i was being sarcastic , thats why i said "after you do that you can kick yourself ..." ...

seriously , wait at LEAST for 4 months i say , if he sticks around then he really likes you if not love .

the first time i had sex was after dating the girl for 3 months , and we were both virgins , this girl always used to think "no sex until marriage" ... yeah right . When i did accomplish that i tought "well that was easy ... only took 3 months from "until marriage" to her giving it away" ..we were 17 back then .

here's the bottom line...

i can ALMOST GUARANTEE that your relationship with this guy will go nowhere...you'll break up sooner or later. why can i say that? because i'd say VERY few high school relationships end up in a lasting marriage.

so...it's like this...it's real simple...do you wanna sleep with him? or not? if you wanna...then do it. if you don't...then don't do it. i've sletp with girls 3 hours after meeting them...or 6 months after meeting them. and now those experiences are in the same place...the past. all same in the end.
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Quote Originally Posted by toohot4pants
    here's the bottom line...

i can ALMOST GUARANTEE that your relationship with this guy will go nowhere...you'll break up sooner or later. why can i say that? because i'd say VERY few high school relationships end up in a lasting marriage.

so...it's like this...it's real simple...do you wanna sleep with him? or not? if you wanna...then do it. if you don't...then don't do it. i've sletp with girls 3 hours after meeting them...or 6 months after meeting them. and now those experiences are in the same place...the past. all same in the end.
    very true ... yea i agree with this .

you can forget my advice because in the end it comes up to this .

Not all relationships have to last forever. Some are better when they are short and sweet and then gone when you need them to be. I think if you are ready then do it. No one can make up your mind for you or say you're too young or whatever. just use protection and be safe. go kiddies! have sex and multiply!

as of July.................23 years

I can't say 1 month is too long or too short cause i slept with my bf in about a month or so. But wat i can say is don't make u'rself regret after doing it. If u'r not totally ready then don't. Ask u'rself will u regret having sex with him in the future if u guys do breakup because u can't exclude that possibility. And i suggest u to wait until high school ends because there's just too many tragedies out there with high school love, u see all the time. Just to make sure that won't happen to u. I had sex when i was 18.. i'm 19 now.. it's been one and a half yrs since i've been with my bf.

It's honestly all up to you. Only you control your actions but then you have to deal with the consequences. Personally, I'm saving myself for marriage. I'm not saying the past two years with my boyfriend have been temptation free but I hold very strongly in my belief and my boyfriend respects that as well as respecting me. My best friend in high school slept with a guy she had know for about three weeks then after they had had sex a few times he dumped her. About two years later she told me that was one of her biggest regrets. Ultimately, its all up to you and what you are prepared for.

I knew my girl friend less then a month and we had sex and didn’t break up. But then again we had been through allot by the end of the year. With this guy was trying to get her to go out with him. He even followed her to my house. Then he attempted to rape her which I stopped. So in the end of it we fell in love out of circumstance. We stayed together for a few years.

Go for it! Your only young once! As long as you use protection who cares! It's your decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast