+ Follow This Topic

Thread: could anyone give me some good advice?

could anyone give me some good advice?

I have a big problem with my boyfriend's good friend, (lets call him 'Bob')
    He is extremely sleezy, rude, obsessed with sex and anything to do with sex and can be quite nasty to me when my boyfriend is not around.
    My boyfriend is the most decent guy and wouldnt say a bad word about anyone, though he is quite nieve.

Bob winds me up every day and I am so sick of him. He is constantly making jokes about my boyfriend checking out other girls and cheating on me.
    A few months ago when he was very drunk, he pushed me agaisnt a wall and tried to kiss me when no one was watching. My bf saw this and came over but Bob told him he was only joking around, when i know he clearly wasnt.

I am fed up with Bob but I don't think I can do anything about it because my bf likes him a lot. Can anyone give me any advice please before i explode??

Tone Guest
    Why don't you talk to your boyfriend about this?

Just see what he says.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And on top of talking to your boyfriend, Have you said anything directly to this guy about all this? Like telling him to leave you alone and you don't want hear the BS that comes out of his mouth?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

yeah, i've talked to him a wee bit about it and all he said was that 'bob' is just messing around. He doesn't seem to understand.

I'm guessing "Bob" and your bf are kinda young?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well then you ahve to tell him how much it really bothers you whether he's just playing or not to get him to understand this isn't just something that is ok.

Oh, I just re-read your title; you wanted "good advice". That leaves me and Rosebud out. Carry on....
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    And on top of talking to your boyfriend, Have you said anything directly to this guy about all this? Like telling him to leave you alone and you don't want hear the BS that comes out of his mouth?
    i've told the guy to shutup millions of times and he sees that im offended yet doesnt stop. i havnt got down and had a serious talk with him - im not too good with confrontation, im quite shy

thanks

we're 18 in our final year of school

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenwings
    i've told the guy to shutup millions of times and he sees that im offended yet doesnt stop. i havnt got down and had a serious talk with him - im not too good with confrontation, im quite shy

thanks
    You need to tell your boyfriend this is SERIOUS. Make him understand - you don't CARE if he's joking or not - it makes you UNCOMFORTABLE. As your MAN he needs to take action. He should easily be able to just tell his buddy "Listen, you need to cut the crap, it's bothering <brokenwings>, so just ease up on the sex jokes, etc".

If you talk to your boyfriend and let him know how much this is bothering you, and he still does nothing, then you need to ditch him and find a real man.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea but even if your shy, you ahve to stand up for yourself. And telling someone to shut up does not get your point across. You have to literally tell him to leave you alone and that he's really btohering you, joking or not!

Same thing with your man. I understand you may have a hard time with confrontation but when soemone disrespects you, you have to do something!

And LLoyd, speak for yourself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You need to tell your boyfriend this is SERIOUS. Make him understand - you don't CARE if he's joking or not - it makes you UNCOMFORTABLE. As your MAN he needs to take action. He should easily be able to just tell his buddy "Listen, you need to cut the crap, it's bothering <brokenwings>, so just ease up on the sex jokes, etc".

If you talk to your boyfriend and let him know how much this is bothering you, and he still does nothing, then you need to ditch him and find a real man.
    thats brilliant advice thankyou

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone

Didn't I already say that? Hmm, I think it's time for me to retire from these forums!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just avoid situations where Bob will be present? That is your only choice if your boyfriend isn't going to grow a backbone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?