+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ideas for wedding favors?

ideas for wedding favors?

K, well some of you know Im getting married, and were having the ceremony and reception at the Hyatt on the beach. But I want to do something different than the norm. No throwing rice, cant do sparklers(sunset wedding) they said it could start a fire with all of the trees and stuff, k np. But I wouldve liked something cool. My son whose 17 is standing for me, no bridesmaid or matron of honor. Its been my son and I for all this time, he's truly the person to do it.

Anybody got any ideas or seen anything or been to one that stood out cause they did something different?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Here's the thingy for the top of your cake:

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

thats so funny, I just saw that online! Cute though!

well, let me stop by and congratulate you on the wedding to come

go buy a plane ticket to a place called las vegas. lol.

seriously, i don't know anything about weddings. i avoid them at all costs. you know, it's the whole 'always the bridesmaid, never the bride" thing.

weddings are overated, you get married, start a new life, raise kids, yada yada yada...

...BIG ****ING DEAL

Squirt, does the sun set on the ocean side or the land side?? Don't know where you're at. Take advantage of the ambiance whatever the case. I'll sleep on it...but I don't know when I'll be back online to tell you about it...In fact..I may keep the better ideas for my own wedding, ha ha.. Yeah...that'll happen soon...

Weddings arent a big deal and were not making it one either. Ive already raised the kids, owned the house, etc. So I'm just about ready to travel here! I have one reason why I want the wedding, and thats for my dad to walk me down the aisle. Were not having a dance at the reception, no throwin of rice, things like that. Simple but elegant.

At sunset for sure to get great beach pictures! I did order a bunch of disposable cameras for the tables, those should be interesting! Nomas you always have great ideas! Do tell sometime k? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    Weddings arent a big deal and were not making it one either. Ive already raised the kids, owned the house, etc. So I'm just about ready to travel here! I have one reason why I want the wedding, and thats for my dad to walk me down the aisle. Were not having a dance at the reception, no throwin of rice, things like that. Simple but elegant.

At sunset for sure to get great beach pictures! I did order a bunch of disposable cameras for the tables, those should be interesting! Nomas you always have great ideas! Do tell sometime k? thanks!

squiirrley, i was only jokikng above!

hey, GREAT weather in Florida, as of late. I don't know where abouts you are from, but where I am, the weather is BEAUTIFUL today!

nice and sunny, not too humid, and a nice cool breeze, palms trees everywhere, and a blue sky you can only dream of

Tone Guest
    It's even nice here in Lincoln. 60 degrees today... in January, that's unheard of! We should be buried in at least a few inches of snow.

Sorry - nothin else to contribute squirrley - but I'll join RK in congratulating you on your engagement!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What kinds of favors are you talking about? Like things for your guests on their table? Or things to throw when you leave the chapel, or what is it your looking for dearie?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    What kinds of favors are you talking about?
    those of the sexual kind.

yea baby those of the sexual kind! WAHOO!!

I know you were kidding RSK, I was just saying were not making a 10 grand wedding. Something small and simple. I was trying to think of things for the guests and the tables. I have no clue. Ive been researching for months! Urgh I found out yesterday the Hyatt where we doing everything was sold to someone who got an offer of 65 million for the property to turn to condo. Let me tell you, this is freaking condo city now. Although those whom I am working with there tell me its rumor and its fine, you just never know...I would throw my hands up and just elope which is what I dont want.

Anything anyone can think of sweet! But thank you on the congrats I appreciate it!!!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well they aren't really party favors, but you could buy those real cheap camera's they have online that are disposable ( i think you buy them by bulk so they are like $1 a piece or something) but you could put those on the table so everyone can take pictures of your reception and what not and then have them put them all in a specified area when they are done. It may cost some to get them developed depending on how many people you have at the wedding, but all you need is one per table, really.

Or you could have napkins or cards made of your names on them for everyone at their table. Hmm, I ahve a website saved that I'll find and send it to you..it has lots of ideas on it.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you looking for party favors or something to replace the rice? I've seen bubbles used instead of rice, and it looked fine. Better than rice, in fact. You can wrap them in toulle (sp?) with a ribbon, and you can buy little bottles that hold like one ounce of fluid.

As for favors, I've seen chocolate bars wrapped in personalized wrappers that are inexpensive. Is that what you are talking about?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast