+ Follow This Topic

Thread: -advice on getting w/ the girl i'm in love with- PLEASE

-advice on getting w/ the girl i'm in love with- PLEASE

Okay, so heres the thing... I'm 17 & a junior in HS, have only had 1 g/f in my life, now we're best friends. Anyways i'm a firm believer in "romanticism" and am in desperate need of some help with this girl that i'm, should i say, "in love". This girl that i like only knows me as a friend, and when i say friend, i mean i'm one of those annoyances that her superior intellect tells her not to get involved with.
    If anything i'm out of her league (not to sound stuck-up) but, she's one of those smart girls that's going to Duke next year. I can't figure out how to aproach her, and even if i did i wouldn't know how to act. Please don't tell me to act myself, cause, i'm what some people call eccentric. Anyways like i said she knows me cause we run together on the same team, but she pictures me as immature and too childish. She's a senior, and acts that way even when i'm being uterly mature or when i'm pissed off and stuff. -i don't get it

P.S.- I don't know if she acts like she hates me because of a deffense mechanism, for liking me... but i heard a rumour that she acts like that cause she likes me. ???

THANX
    Last edited by jonny9643; 27-01-06 at 03:56 AM.

Are you sure your 18?

First off, if she's going to Duke; will you go there as well or are you looking at a distance relationship?

Second; why don't you just ask her out for crying out loud?
    Last edited by TAVS; 27-01-06 at 06:19 AM.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so you don't want us to tell you to act yourself? Ugh, why would you want to act like anybody else but yourself, if she's doesn't like you for who you are would you really want to date her anyways?

From what your saying, I think she has already fromed an opinion of you and the only thing you can do is just casually to her and BE YOURSELF. If she doesn't like you for you, then find someone who does!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    so you don't want us to tell you to act yourself? Ugh, why would you want to act like anybody else but yourself, if she's doesn't like you for who you are would you really want to date her anyways?

From what your saying, I think she has already fromed an opinion of you and the only thing you can do is just casually to her and BE YOURSELF. If she doesn't like you for you, then find someone who does!

well thats what i've done but, like you said, she already has a firm opinion on me. and yes, i want her more than anything in the world- it sounds like puppy love, i know

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There isn't much more you can do. If your assuming she feels this way then you just ask her out or start talking to her to find out for yourself. But if you know these are true then your kinda just SOL.

Sorry, I wish we could help but it doesn't sound like there's much you can do.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

WTF are you gonna do when she goes to Duke?
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!