+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My daughter is pressuring and threatening me.

My daughter is pressuring and threatening me.

I wrote recently about my sister and how she will handle my bf. Now I have an issue with my adult daughter, who is 26 years old.

She lives out of state and we only see each other a few times a year. She is coming with her boyfriend to the beach to stay with me but he has to leave after a few days. She expects my bf to leave at the same time because she wants to spend a few days alone with me. My adult son won’t have a friend at the beach so I wasn’t going to ask my bf to leave early because he can keep my son company. They get along.

She said she’ll leave with her bf if my bf doesn’t leave early or not come at all. I understand she wants time alone but I thought even if my bf stays an extra day and my daughter and I have a few days together what’s the harm? I also feel bad asking my bf to leave early anyway.

Thoughts?

Your daughter is manipulative. Call her out on it and tell her that world dont revolve around her. She have her BF and you have your BF. She will have her marriage and you fill have your. So she have no bussines about your BF.

At the same time she want to take her BF so she wont be alone but want you to be alone. Thats unfair too and you shouldnt cross the ocean for someone who wouldnt cross a puddle for you.

Whatever you dont be afraid of your daudhers threats cause she have only that much power as you give her.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Aren't you old enough to not get blackmailed by your children?
    Isn't there a way for you to find out what it is for your daughter that is making private time with you alone so important?

She’s making me feel guilty saying I shouldn’t expect my bf to be with us in our family vacation. My bf and I have been on and off for a while and we Hadid by reconcile until recently after more than a year apart.

And thus you aren't allowed to let him stay on the family vacation because her friend has to leave early?

- - - Updated - - -

Have faith in your own decisions

Tell your daughter, he is staying because he gets on with her brother and if she feels the need to pout it is better she does it elsewhere anyway and you can spend time just the two of you ( you and daughter) together another time also, tell her to stop trying to ruin your happiness. If you let her, she will.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    Tell your daughter, he is staying because he gets on with her brother and if she feels the need to pout it is better she does it elsewhere anyway and you can spend time just the two of you ( you and daughter) together another time also, tell her to stop trying to ruin your happiness. If you let her, she will.
    Thats the sad truth - no one cares about your happiness. Its your own responsibility.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pcmaster For This Useful Post:

I calmly told her I want to spend time with her alone as well and if my bf hangs out with my son, her and I can go our way for a few days. But she said it wouldn't be the same and it was "our" family vacation. She also said some unkind words about my bf and said he is "random". I'm ashamed about her behavior.

Just tell your BF to make himself invisible, and spend time with your brother out somewhere for the evening or daytime, while you and your daughter spend the day shopping and crap. It's so do-able. geeee whiz!

Your daughter feels very strongly about your boyfriend. To me, that automatically raises a red flag. She's ok as long as her boyfriend is there but, doesn't want to be with yours if hers isn't there. You mentioned your sister and handling your boyfriend. What's that about?

You need to sit down with your daughter and have a respectful conversation with her as to why she feels so strongly about having time with you while banishing your boyfriend. Boyfriends come and go but, you only have one daughter. You need to find out what is going on.

I think you know how much you feel about the two may be there is a reason to why your daughter asking your man to leave you must ask her nicely before asking him to leave and see what she has for him. and again you at family vacation you have so much time to spend with your daughter alone. because i know time can be divided in a day. so i see no need to lest your man go without a strong reason from your daughter.

Is your daughter disliking the BF or jealous of the time you spend with him? Sees him replacing her dad? and that is her issue? You deserve love, companionship too, if you are happy, that should make her happy too. I wouldn't push the BF aside but also wouldn't rub him in her face either.

I would disinvite her and her bf from the whole trip. She needs to grow up!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtisticWoman84 For This Useful Post: