+ Follow This Topic

Thread: wedding planning blues :(

wedding planning blues :(

hi all, i've been missing in action for quite awhile now. Busy doing the most wonderful thing life has to offer, WEDDING PLANNING!!!! YAY!!!! guys i'm sooooo stressing over here. It seems like noone in the wedding party will let me know anything and their impossible to get ahold of. Granted their probly busy w/ their own lives, i did ask them to be in my wedding. And neither of the families will speak up about what their paying for, etc etc. Well my mom has said, but i haven't seen a dime of the money yet. And his family hasn't said ANYTHING. I just wanna be married to him. That's all that matters to him too...but we can't elope b/c our family wouldn't be too happy and I know i'd regret it later on down the road.

Any advice/tips from former brides or anyone goin through the same thing?
    While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.

buy a couple of tickets to a place called las vegas.

yea i think you gave the same advice to squirrley...and i must say, its not a bad idea
    While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.

also the bad thing is that we've already asked people to be in our wedding. would it be completely harsh to turn around and say, hey we've decided to just fly to Vegas? I look back and now I do wish I would have put more thought into things before planning this whole thing out like I have. I was just soo excited once i got engaged to start planning for our wedding and i got carried away obviously.

hey, it's YOUR wedding – don't worry about other people, just tell them you've changed your mind.

Girl hang in there, I think all of us brides to be are stressing! But its also going to be the happiest day of our lives and we'll look back and think to ourselves "thank God its over and a new beginning!"

Im with you sweetie!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

guys, we're going to Panama City Beach, Florida in June and doing it!!! beach wedding, wuuuutttt?!?! lol I got my wedding dress today too! all is good now =D

Quote Originally Posted by alicia2601
    guys, we're going to Panama City Beach, Florida in June and doing it!!! beach wedding, wuuuutttt?!?! lol I got my wedding dress today too! all is good now =D
    congratulations and good luck to you! (you too, squirrley!)
    Last edited by alice; 31-01-06 at 07:13 PM.

oh holy smokes woman!!! Thats so freakn awesome! We chat tonight!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey girls, let me tell you something. I had a fairly sizeable wedding, and it was stressful. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by calling it the happiest day of your life; it isn't (although it was certainly a nice day). I've had several days that were happier, and you guys will, too. Try to keep a little perspective here and remember that it is only ONE DAY in your life. And really, don't go into debt over it. That is a really crappy way to start your married life.
    Last edited by vashti; 31-01-06 at 09:43 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Oh I think Ive got it somewhat under control, although I would like to think its going to be one of the happiest days of my life, maybe in 10 years I might think differently, but for now, its a great feeling even with the stress. Ive already had so many wonderful days and weeks and trips and whatnot that have been fabulous! I cant go into debt, dont have it. Like most people have the budget!

But youre right Vashti, keeping things in check is important!