+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best friend = lover?

Best friend = lover?

We label our relationship as "best friends".(We'll call her A) I don't know if she uses that just so we can stay close since we're both in a relationship or what. But we know each other inside out, and I still have feelings for her.

Yesterday I broke my ankle. I missed church, so I texted one of the girls at church (real pretty one that I was tryna get at) and also told her to tell everyone I said whats good. Well a minute later I get a message from A saying "why didn't you tell me i would have come over, is it ok if I come over today". Needless to say she road back home with my family and was with me all day. She helped me out ALOT. Even when she first came in the room she wanted me to lie my foot on her lap to elevate it. We talked a bit, then turned to a movie.

Soon I ended up with my head on her lap. There was alot of contact (wasn't exactly sexual) and she liked to hold my hand. She wouldn't react when I was against her breast and stuff, she acted like it was normal and we were suppose to be that close. So after a while we were faced to face and at first I was just talkin to see if she was wanting me to move away (indicating she didn't want to kiss). Well she didn't respond so I tried to kiss her. Well she tucked her lips in (I kissed around her lips to see if she was going to open up but nothin). She was whisperin "stop" and "this isn't fair" or whatever. After a little bit, she gave be a few pecks on my lips. No real kiss. Wtf?

So I kinda was lying there with the movie still on her lap w/ the movie still on. But I wasn't watching it, I was just looking down at my foot. I don't know if this made her think I was mad or something but I tried to make it hard to tell if I was mad or just straight faced. Soon after, she decided to get up to go downstairs and treated me like we were lovers (I was tellin her no not to move). She gave me a kiss on the lips then again.

Nothin else happened after that, just finished the movie and my mom took her home. But I'm left baffled. I know she loves me, but I'm confused. What is she saying here? She's not trying to cheat on her bf (nor let me cheat on mine)? That seems logical but then I remember something else. She's told me last week that she met this fine light skinned kat that ran mad game on her and they ended up kissing at the movies. She says she still messes with him they just keep it on the down low from her bf.

I know this is bad (all this cheating) but we're only 16 so few relationships are that serious. I just wanna know if something could be going on with me and her or was it just me that forced what happened to happen?

Dude you're 16. Don't bother trying to understand. My only advice is Do what you feel is best, coz it's not gonna make sense no matter how you look at it.

Sorry, that's all I can say.

Teezy Guest
    You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders for a 16 year old, knowing that most relationships are purely physical in the end.

I would say wait. You guys are really young still. Wait until you're MAYBE 19, or 20. Until you start figuring out who you really are. This can help a lot. Stay best-friends and what not, but I wouldn't get into a relationship with my best friend at 16. Something so small can escalate into something big at that age, and it seems like she does have feelings for you, so just be patient with this one.

Just go with whatever you feel is right.

I am/was in the same situation. Me and this girl (we're both 17) are extremely close, know each other inside out, etc. She would lay her head in my lap and I would pet her hair. When her breasts were agaisnt me, or I'd have a finger contacting them in some way, or accidentally bump them while rubbing her arm, she wouldn't react to it at all. Just acted normally. We both love each other, but she doesn't want a relationship in her life right now, it's kooky.

So, I say, if you guys are this close, and care about each other enough to care what the other's bf/gf would think; that right there speaks volumes. If you truly believe that you guys should be together, then let things unfold organically. Don't push her into any situations she doesn't want to be in (i.e. kissing, asking out, etc). Just go with whatever she gives you. If she lets you put your head in her lap, great, do it. If she puts her head in your lap and you guys cuddle for hours, great, do it. But take things slowly and let them unfold on their own.

I made the mistake of pushing the girl I know by asking her out, and she's the kind of person that when pressured will opt out. So, now we don't even cuddle anymore, though, it's only been a week since that fiasco and we're already on great terms again. So this time around I'm just letting things unfold on their own. Next time I'm at her house, if she wants to cuddle, great, so do would I.

What I'm trying to say here is. Just don't push things. If you guys can remain this close, then later on in life if you feel it's meant to be and you guys are at that level, well that would be ideal wouldn't it? I mean, staying that close, then when it's time for both of you to have a serious relationship you're right there for each other. Looks good in my brain.

Just take it slow, man. Take it slow. The kissing was a bit pushy/forward.

I wish you all the luck in the world seeing as I feel the same thing.
    Last edited by King_For_A_DAy; 31-01-06 at 11:52 AM.