+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling numb

feeling numb

Im feeling very down at the moment, it has happened before and left me feeling like I dont love my partner anymore. I was with him for 8 months last time, its been 6months since then and its randomly happened again? I know i cant say i dont wana be with him cos its just a mood, but i start over analyzing!
    I was perfectly happy this time last week, and at the week end it just came on suddenly! I have told my partner and he is supportive and understands how moods make us feel. We have both been at uni since last september and see each other every 2/3 weeks.
    Is it normal to feel numb suddenly and then it just goes?

I think you need to move onto someone you want to be with 100%
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

its not a long term thing tho! I havnt been thinking this for ages

I was settling once; you won't find me doing it again.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

TAVS has a girlfriend.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

True, so true.

well im not gonna end it unless it didnt go away, it passed last time! i was perfectly happy before, its only since it came on i feel down.

Quote Originally Posted by Em86
    well im not gonna end it unless it didnt go away, it passed last time! i was perfectly happy before, its only since it came on i feel down.
    This is your soul telling you something. Listen to it.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

you mean I should let it pass. . . Im a born worrier!

yes, its true you should settle for whats there, it should be something you want, but, it sounds like your feeling a little insecure or just not ready. honestly i say give it a couple days, think things through and then make a decision. dont jump on what you feel right now, you might regret it.

yeah, iv been with him for 14months its hardly as if im not ready for a relationship lol. as it happens iv kept my self occupied and im feeling better, i just seem to be down in general at the mo which affects my feelings in every aspect. I just seem un-interested in anything but there have been a lot of things happening lately (nothing to do with my partner) which im now not surprized has made me down.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok you need to look at some things here. You say your not going to end it unless this passes becasue it did the last time.... that should be a red flag! The fact that you have thought this before. And do you have these "moods" a lot? I mean is it you just have doubts periodically or you just get depressed?

Your original post was very vague, but I have to say if you have had doubts before obviously your unhappy about something.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

lol no . May I ask if you have been in a long term r/ship? (dont want to sound patronising) they do not happen often at all it was 6months ago. I went into a really bad mood down in every way, numb in every way and the 1st thing that worried me was that it was because of my boyfriend but it wasnt that, that made me down in the 1st place anyway it just as i said makes me feel numbn in every way.so towards uni, choir, everything! Im through the worst of it and I do feel much better. We don't ever have problems, and i was 100% happy so I suppose it is a shock when i felt different for a short while!
    The reason why I ask have u had a long term r/ship before is that alot of people I know have felt it at some point and they have been together from 1 to 3 years. They all say it happens, and aslong as it passes and doesnt happen often its only natural that when ur down it affects things. My boyfriend is totally understanding, I didnt hide it from him and he understands humans have moods we simply cant explain. He wouldn't have let me end it whilst I was down untill I was sure. It gave me doubts admittedly, but from experience doubt happens naturally, its not a bad thing unless its a continuous thing that lingers over the r/ship which it clearly doesnt!

yeah I was pretty vague I apologise, its hard to explain unless u have felt it your self!
    I would NOT be with him if it happened often, there are alot of things excluding him that is going on at the moment.Awaiting exam results, hating where I live and having to go home alot as I dont like being here all the time. If you have lived in Manchester (UK) then you would understand! it's not the safest city.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Assuming there aren't any real problems with your guy, I would say that it sounds like you may be suffering from PMS or depression, both of which come and go (although PMS obviously comes and goes more frequently). I suggest you keep track (on a calendar) of the dates these moods come and go to try to determine if there is a pattern.

I don't think you need to burden your boyfriend with the ups and downs of your moods unless you are considering leaving him. Why does he need to be insecure because you are going through a phase?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast