+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Work Out Plan

I have physical issues that require me to workour regularly or I'm in pain. I still don't do it.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    LOL!!! We were just laughin and makin fun of people who claim DDR is their workout plan!! That shit is funny...

Anyway - RK that is GREAT news! Man I wish you were here so we could work out together and I could help keep you motivated.. (i.e. MAKE you work out! )

LV, is actually DEAD right on that statistic - I was watching some fitness show the other day and they said 95% of people quit their workout plan within the first 2 weeks. So if you can stick with it, that's saying A LOT! And that's the HARDEST part of starting to workout.. you tell yourself "Well I'll skip today and make it up by workin out tomorrow or later this week.."

That's how I was at first.. then finally after almost a year of only workin out 0-2 times per week.. I decided I was gonna stick with it. I made a schedule and I PRIORITIZED it over EVERYTHING I had to do after work. I didn't even let the thought of NOT working out enter my mind. Even now with having school on Monday... I come home - tired from working all day + school.. starving from not having ate since noon.. but first thing I do is workout.

You just HAVE to stick with it. I love your eating plan, and I have to agree with toohot:

Quote Originally Posted by toohot4pants
    i think you better take it easy when you start out. in fact, cut out the weights. do cardio three times a week. and go easy on the cardio workouts at first. work your way up to longer and more strenuous sessions.
    Don't overwhelm yourself right away. Start with just the cardio, see if you can stick with it for a few weeks, then start lifting. Take baby steps. Now I've heard different, but I try to workout on an empty stomach... because there is nothing to burn, therefore you burn fat. But I've heard other people say if you workout on an empty stomach you burn muscle.. But I go with the former.

And the MOST important thing you could have done - was QUIT SMOKING - which you did, and is GREAT!! I also drink water all day long, I try to hit my 64fl oz per day. No more pop, I drink only water, milk, and juices.

I know you can accomplish this goal.. once you start to see the results, and feel how much more energy you have, and how healthier you feel - you'll want to keep with it.

Good luck, RK!
    Last edited by Tone; 01-02-06 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I have physical issues that require me to workour regularly or I'm in pain. I still don't do it.
    i like you better every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    LOL!!! We were just laughin and makin fun of people who claim DDR is their workout plan!! That shit is funny...

Anyway - RK that is GREAT news! Man I wish you were here so we could work out together and I could help keep you motivated.. (i.e. MAKE you work out! )

LV, is actually DEAD right on that statistic - I was watching some fitness show the other day and they said 95% of people quit their workout plan within the first 2 weeks. So if you can stick with it, that's saying A LOT! And that's the HARDEST part of starting to workout.. you tell yourself "Well I'll skip today and make it up by workin out tomorrow or later this week.."

That's how I was at first.. then finally after almost a year of only workin out 0-2 times per week.. I decided I was gonna stick with it. I made a schedule and I PRIORITIZED it over EVERYTHING I had to do after work. I didn't even let the thought of NOT working out enter my mind. Even now with having school on Monday... I come home - tired from working all day + school.. starving from not having ate since noon.. but first thing I do is workout.

You just HAVE to stick with it. I love your eating plan, and I have to agree with toohot:

Don't overwhelm yourself right away. Start with just the cardio, see if you can stick with it for a few weeks, then start lifting. Take baby steps. Now I've heard different, but I try to workout on an empty stomach... because there is nothing to burn, therefore you burn fat. But I've heard other people say if you workout on an empty stomach you burn muscle.. But I go with the former.

And the MOST important thing you could have done - was QUIT SMOKING - which you did, and is GREAT!! I also drink water all day long, I try to hit my 64fl oz per day. No more pop, I drink only water, milk, and juices.

I know you can accomplish this goal.. once you start to see the results, and feel how much more energy you have, and how healthier you feel - you'll want to keep with it.

Good luck, RK!
    OH MAN!!!

thx Tone! I appreciate your words!

I was supposed to swim this morning, but the pool was closed, becaues it was VERY cold...

So I ran/walked on a treadmill instead

I'll take it easy for now..........

i just had a turkey sandwhich, and i bought an apple for mid day snack!

Thx again bud

keep it up , Good job RK .

now i need to stop all those unhealthy snacks , problem is that i usually dont buy the food at home so i end up with what they want instead of what i would .

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    keep it up , Good job RK .

now i need to stop all those unhealthy snacks , problem is that i usually dont buy the food at home so i end up with what they want instead of what i would .

thx bud, and you too!

tommorow is weight lifting!!!!!

i'll go light for the first week......... oh yeah, i gotta weigh myself today!

[url]http://www.drmirkin.com/fitness/1480.html[/url]

[url]http://www.actionlove.com/cases/case10332.htm[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by alice

there are always gonna be studies which stand in controversy of OTHER studies...

...you've posted several sites, but they are all from dot com websites...

...i like to read studies from .org and .edu websites. they are generally more accepted.

but nonetheless, interesting reads!

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    there are always gonna be studies which stand in controversy of OTHER studies...

...you've posted several sites, but they are all from dot com websites...

...i like to read studies from .org and .edu websites. they are generally more accepted.

but nonetheless, interesting reads!
    you really read them? to tell you the truth, all i read were the headlines.

penile weight lifting injuries?!?!?!?! is this what RSK wants to do? hang weights from his penis?!?!?
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Quote Originally Posted by toohot4pants
    penile weight lifting injuries?!?!?!?! is this what RSK wants to do? hang weights from his penis?!?!?
    i don't know. just thought, better let him know before it's too late …

you really read them? to tell you the truth, all i read were the headlines.

ok, i don't read them, i just didn't want you to feel bad, that's all,

i also just read the headlines. lol

I'm sure there are plenty of jokes about it. What are yours?

Tone Guest
    The whole concept is a joke to me! ;D

I dunno, I just remember someone was makin fun of it, can't rememer who or what was said.

The whole concept is a joke to me! ;D
    Yeah I can see how people may say "How can a game be your workout plan?" and laugh about it. But in all honesty, I've had 2 friends who lost many pant sizes because of that game. It's fun to play so I don't have trouble keeping up with it. Have you ever tried it?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast