+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Work Out Plan

Work Out Plan

I definately want to start working out.

Three 'activities': Swimming, Runninig, and Weight Lifting.

I'll probably do each 'activity' twice a week.

Mon: Swimming (30 - 45 min)

Tue: Weight Lifting (1 - 2 hours)

Wed: Running (30 - 45 min)

Thu: Weight Lifting (1 - 2 hours)

Fri: Swimming (30 - 45 min)

Sat: Running (30 - 45 min)

Sun: REST DAY

I'm also going to start eating right. No more soda. ONLY water. I will eat cereal EVERY morning (healthy kind). I'll have a subway or another type of sandwich for lunch. And for dinner, I've stacked up on Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, and Smart Ones. I'll just nuke 'em in the microwave! No more eating out!

Between Breakfast and Lunch I will eat fruits (apple, orange, or banana), or even small snacks, like nuts, yogarts. And between Lunch and Dinner, it'll be the same thing - small snacks. Therefore, I will eat FIVE times per day (small portions) and spread out throught the day.

I will do this for the next THREE MONTHS: FEB, MAR, and APR

I'll probably keep working out, but after April, I'm sure I'll adjust things again. (I just need a finish line for now - and THREE months seems like a good target).

I will post my weight here EVERY week. Starting from Feb 1st (tommorow).

I don't have an ideal weight, but if I could work my way down to 180 - 190, then that would be GREAT! I'm 6 foot 3, so that's why I probably way so much, I'm also quite chubby though!

So, that's 12 weeks.

week 1: 213

week 2: 215 (what the ****! how did i gain 2 pounds???)

week 3: 211

week 4: 209

I think I can do this
    Last edited by RSK; 26-02-06 at 08:07 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You didn't say exactly how chubby you think you are, but 6'3 is quite tall. Don't go getting TOO skinny.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    You didn't say exactly how chubby you think you are, but 6'3 is quite tall. Don't go getting TOO skinny.

I'd say I'm probably 'Mathew Perry' Chubby. The main thing, is that I want to be healthy. I have been smoking cigarettes for 5 years now, and I just quit two weeks ago.

I remember walking a flight of stairs not too long ago, and I was out of breath. As a kid, I played SO MANY sports, and over the years, I've lost that aspect of me.

I need to do this for health.

I also wanna gain muscle. I know three LF members here, Neo, Lloyd, and Tone probably lift.

From what I've read, swimming is EXCELLENT for aerobic workouts, combined with working ALL SORTS of muscles.

Running can strengthen my Legs aswell as my Heart...

...and weight training, twice a week for up to 4 hours will give me that muscle that's hiding inside me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I think you are beautiful as is, but it is most important that you be pleased with yourself. I wish you luck!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, I think you are beautiful as is, but it is most important that you be pleased with yourself. I wish you luck!

thx vashti, you ALWAYS say the nicest things to me

I raise a toast: To Health!

the only thing you've mentioned that sounds healthy to me is the swimming part. take it easy on all the rest – it might do you more harm than good!!!!
    (maybe i ought to add: this is from a girl, who's scared of all kind of physical activities – it gives me depressions even to think about it.)
    but you really quit smoking just two weeks ago? that's great!!! how did you do it?

good to hear that you got yourself a plan , now all thats left is you keeping your word .
    thats where 95 % of the people fail .

myself , i restarted to excercise after so many months , something very unusual for me not to excercise (not working out) . I seriously have accomplished more things today than in the last 4 months , and i feel as if i got my eyes opened . Im finally getting my gear together .

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    the only thing you've mentioned that sounds healthy to me is the swimming part. take it easy on all the rest – it might do you more harm than good!!!!
    (maybe i ought to add: this is from a girl, who's scared of all kind of physical activities – it gives me depressions even to think about it.)
    but you really quit smoking just two weeks ago? that's great!!! how did you do it?

thx. yes, i've been smoking for 5 years. since my 18th birthday

and i've been smoking about 4 packs per week

i'm just really strong minded i guess. i just don't want to smoke. the first week is the toughest. i started sweeting at night. i got agitated easily.

for me, the toughest part is not smoking in the morning, and AFTER MEALS!

instead, in the morning, i'm planning to exercise...

..and after meals, instead of a CIG, I drink water, so I always keep water handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    good to hear that you got yourself a plan , now all thats left is you keeping your word .
    thats where 95 % of the people fail .

myself , i restarted to excercise after so many months , something very unusual for me not to excercise (not working out) . I seriously have accomplished more things today than in the last 4 months , and i feel as if i got my eyes opened . Im finally getting my gear together .
    good job LV! keep it up!

as far as the 95% statistic, well, let's say that i've contributed to that high percentage before...

...but know i really want to follow through.

Well, I'm probably somewhere in the 220's, maybe a little higher or lower. I don't know for sure, but I'll weigh myself tommorow at the Gym...

...swimming tommorow... YAY!

I've started swimming again, 3-4 times a week for about an hour each time, I used to go every day but I don't have the time any more.

i work out...used to work out a lot. i think you better take it easy when you start out. in fact, cut out the weights. do cardio three times a week. and go easy on the cardio workouts at first. work your way up to longer and more strenuous sessions.

start eating healthy immediately! and you're not smoking anymore, right? good! limit alcohol too. cut out illicit drugs too.
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

I found out that the best workout for me is playing Dance Dance Revolution (DDR). I don't have motivation to go to the gym.

A lot of people lost many pounds from just playing the game!

[URL=http://www.getupmove.com/weightloss.asp]DDR Weight Loss Stories![/URL]

[URL=http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2127&Ite mid=2]WV Schools Get DDR Curriculum[/URL]

Tell us why again we care about this? Ah, just kidding RK.

You want to gain muscle. Ok. but running won't strenghthen your legs. Actually, they would just get skinnier, although more toned. You need to lift to build up your legs. Squats, lunges, leg curls etc.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Tell us why again we care about this? Ah, just kidding RK.

You want to gain muscle. Ok. but running won't strenghthen your legs. Actually, they would just get skinnier, although more toned. You need to lift to build up your legs. Squats, lunges, leg curls etc.
    how would YOU know anything about it?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast