+ Follow This Topic

Thread: reading body language, etc

reading body language, etc

Yesterday I was sitting in an office of the math building on campus, working, and the guy I like (the backrub guy) walked by the room on his way out. I guess he saw me out of the corner of his eye as he passed, and a few seconds later came back, came in, and struck up a conversation.
    We talked for about 30 minutes or so, and the whole time he was being less "up-close" than usual (although granted, a lot of our one-on-one contact last semester was during our calc labs when we were already sitting right next to each other, working off one computer or one paper) - he sat in a chair across the [very small] room from me.
    Anyway, I know I wasn't being terribly flirty - just trying to keep my cool and not be awkward is enough for me to concentrate on! - so I don't know if I was sending out "stay away, friends only" vibes or what...
    So as usual, I'm reading way too much into this, but I'm just curious as to whether you guys think that says anything about how he feels about me.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes, you are. i read a lot of body language mysefl. But in this case you can't judge by that at all. A lot of people have a personal bubble, and they don't like people in their space when they don't really know them..and even if they do.

So if you respected the bubble....your good to go!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Haha, thanks. he's doesn't seem to have much of a bubble though...maybe it's from being a dancer. During class and stuff we'd always be sitting right near each other, brushing arms, legs, etc. He would come in and just kinda gently touch my shoulder as he walked by me, etc...

But hey, I did respect the bubble

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That stuff is differnet. When your standing by someone..that's when it get's tricky! It's about personal space.. But in any case don't look too much into that.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!