+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated situation

Complicated situation

My sister just told me this and I don't know what to say so I'll see what you all have to say. My sister is 23 and very much in love with her boyfriend of a little over a year. Recently she has been spending time with her really good guy friend and he confessed that he had some feelings for her but would never do anything to ruin her relationship with her boyfriend. The other day my sister went to get some food with him and realized that she is starting to develop feelings for her friend. She so confused because she loves her boyfriend and doesn't know what to do. Any advice?

If she loves her boyfriend, then she should avoid seeing her guy friend except in group situations.

That is, if she is interested in a serious relationship wtih her boyfriend.

We all become tempted from time to time and it can be very flattering to have someone new hitting on us. But if there is no other reason to break up with her boyfriend...then she should resist the temptation

In either case, she should probably take a bit of time to be on her own.

It is always fun to have a new flame. Since she has been with her boyfriend for over a year, things may be slowing down so having feelings for someone new is an exciting thing. If she loves her boyfriend and wants to be with him in the long-term, she should not flirt with the friend. Her feelings for her friend may very well be a small period of infatuation. She should not hang out with the friend alone. She can try spicing things up with her boyfriend by doing new activites or hobbies together to bring back the flame they had in the beginning.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She needs to figure out what she wants. I mean yeah....shes been with her bf for a yr.....and things aren't "new" and exciting anymore.... And this other guys comes along....and he is...

If she loves her bf....then she needs to distance herself from her guy friend.

But if she honestly wants to explore these feelings with this guy....then she needs to think about the consequences and if its worth it. Becuz hopefully she will be smart and end things with her bf before moving on to this guy.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....