I am working on a collection of love or break-up letters/emails that I hope to get published. I think it would be really interesting and the ones I have read from people submitting so far have made a huge difference in my life and how I look at love and relationships.

If you have authentic love letters/emails that you would like to share, please pass them along. I am looking for a wide range of people, both in ages, backgrounds, ethnicity and orientation.

Subject matter for these letters/emails include but are not limited to:
--the reveal of feelings
--confessions
--break ups
--separations
--recounting memories
…or basically any kind of correspondence in which one person is truly baring his or her feelings or soul to the one they love (or in some cases, used to love). The tone of these letters can range from happiness, loss, anger, betrayal, hope, regret, bittersweet, etc. Please don’t send poetry unless it is within a letter.

Email/letter exchanges between two parties is highly encouraged, though a separate release form must be completed by both authors for publication.

Please email submissions to [email]juliashih@msn.com[/email] (put “love letter anthology submission” in the subject line) and include a short description of the circumstances/relationship surrounding the letter(s). Release forms are available by email request. All submissions chosen for publication will require a signed release form. All material will be strictly confidential, reviewed only by me, the editor. Submissions will not be returned so please do not send original copies. Not all submissions will be included in this anthology. Only submitters of letters/emails that I am interested in will be contacted.

Best of luck and I look forward to sharing your experiences with the world!

-Julia P. Shih (juliashih@msn.com)