9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is wrong you should completely cease flirting

4 44.44%
  • No, this isn't wrong you shouldn't quit but, keep it rational

5 55.56%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this wrong???

Is this wrong???

Basically heres the deal. I have a gf whom I love very much but, I also have a friend whom I love to talk to very much. I have found myself being flirty with her and it bothers me. I have told this friend of mine that I have a gf and wont cheat on her. I don't hit on my friend I just flirt. She says she is ok with it but, I don't know if she really wants to stay just friends. I feel wrong about flirting with her but, at the same time I enjoy it. It's a really spontaneous thing I think. Ideas and opinions? Should I completely stop flirting? Should I cut it down? I'm lost.

~Josh~
    [url]http://www.deenly.com/scplus.php?x=153[/url]

i dont think its wrong so much as kinda dangerous. does your gf know you two flirt? one of my ex's was very upset when i was flirty with other girls, even though we all knew it was completely meaningless. even if its playful and even if theres no motive behind it, its still kind of a touchy subject. i think as long as you keep it straight-forward and honest and you dont let it get TOO playful where it could jeopardize your relationship, you're fine. just remember which one is the friend and which one is the gf :p

Quote Originally Posted by d-res
    i dont think its wrong so much as kinda dangerous. does your gf know you two flirt? one of my ex's was very upset when i was flirty with other girls, even though we all knew it was completely meaningless. even if its playful and even if theres no motive behind it, its still kind of a touchy subject. i think as long as you keep it straight-forward and honest and you dont let it get TOO playful where it could jeopardize your relationship, you're fine. just remember which one is the friend and which one is the gf :p
    Thanks for the input. I do not think the gf knows yet. I plan to tell her. I know she flirts with guys and I'm okay with that now. We have had our talk about these sort of things and had one today that just recently topped it off. I'll tell her as soon as I talk to her and I know she isn't going to freak out as much as if it had just been a regular relationship. I'll just tell her the truth. My friend and I joke around alot but don't touch, kiss, etc...

Again thanks!

Tone Guest
    Is this all occuring in the internet realm?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aren't you only 16? If so, you are too young to be saddled with one girlfriend anyway. Break up with her and flirt all you like and save the relationships for the grown ups. Why complicate your life?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Tone Guest
    shh!, because he KNOWS the difference between infatuation, high school love, and REAL LOVE.

DUH

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Aren't you only 16? If so, you are too young to be saddled with one girlfriend anyway. Break up with her and flirt all you like and save the relationships for the grown ups. Why complicate your life?
    Well, aren't you positive? I know what I'm just doing with my friend is flirting so why would I break up with the girl I love to...flirt?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Because you are too young to be stuck with one girl. And yes, I am positive.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

He'll learn Shh!, he'll learn.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Because you are too young to be stuck with one girl. And yes, I am positive.
    Like the way you put that. Stuck. Thanks for the advice LoL. By the way TAVS...I already have learned. Youth is not something you can always judge by.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnlyX
    By the way TAVS...I already have learned. Youth is not something you can always judge by.
    That's what the Youth always say.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnlyX
    Basically heres the deal. I have a gf whom I love very much but, I also have a friend whom I love to talk to very much. I have found myself being flirty with her and it bothers me. I have told this friend of mine that I have a gf and wont cheat on her. I don't hit on my friend I just flirt. She says she is ok with it but, I don't know if she really wants to stay just friends. I feel wrong about flirting with her but, at the same time I enjoy it. It's a really spontaneous thing I think. Ideas and opinions? Should I completely stop flirting? Should I cut it down? I'm lost.

~Josh~
    What do you want to do????
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    What do you want to do????
    Just stay friends with the friend. It's fun to flirt but I don't want something else

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Would you flirt with her the same way if your girlfriend was around? If not, then it's not a good idea and stop the flirting, why take a chance on hurting your girlfriend?

Edit: And if you think flirting can't damage anything, I have a few threads for you to check out..LOL
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Would you flirt with her the same way if your girlfriend was around? If not, then it's not a good idea and stop the flirting, why take a chance on hurting your girlfriend?

Edit: And if you think flirting can't damage anything, I have a few threads for you to check out..LOL
    I think I will heed your advice. My friend doesn't listen to me like my gf anyways. I think I need to tell my friend that...yea...no more