+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel so used.........

I feel so used.........

There was this girl who became really close friends with me coz she had no other friends around town.we used to be with each other almost thruout the day and spoke on the fone for about 2 hrs a day...and as time passed i developed a sorta crush on her....

over time she met other guys and made new friends and i was slowly pushed into the background...the phone calls stopped...she was always 'busy'..i spoke to her once about this and she just said "people change.."..i was too attached to her... after having known her closely for an year we had a small argument about going to a concert and the next day she tells me that we shouldnt be friends anymore and that we are 'incompatible' as friends.

i was shocked...i didnt understand what was happening....

this was a few months back...now i know what happened....she was friends with me coz she had no else to turn to...when she wanted a ride somewhere, guess who had a car? when she was bored, guess who was always around to take her out? when she needed help with homeworks, guess who was around?

and now she has met ppl who are better at those things.

i feel so used.

Tone Guest
    That's life, man.

You got played, live and learn - don't let it happen again.

you gave your whole disponibility to her , all you had, you let her take advantage of you .
    some ppl are like that , they are leeches ... parasites . this is the type of girl that would be a golddigger ...like marrying a rich guy for his money .

wtv , you dont need that kind of crap in your life so just learn by this and never do it again .

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah that usually happens to the nice people... The people who are nice and give and give.......and then get shit on...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

That sucks.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea you were, but she's not a good person to have anyways. She's probably doing the same thing to these other people as well!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

It's hard to keep close friendships. Some people only look to others to take while some only give. You have to find a happy medium. You gave her everything she wanted without realizing that she was giving you nothing in return. Next time, make sure you are getting something out of a friendship.

some people are like that, they will shit on you, no matter how much you put in you never get the same back. at the moment all my best of friends seem to be long standing friends with the same interests as me.

unlucky though mate, its hard when something like that happens,but i'm sure you'll move on to other friends, life is very dynamic and changes alot, circumstances, needs, friends, all this stuff will phase in and out new for old.

Its like clothes, you go out buy yourself a new pair of jeans, you wear them and not the older ones so much, then you will eventually bin the jeans and never wear them again, its just like that.. phase in, phase out...

thanks for the replies ppl...i seem to have taken a hit harder than i shud have...the last few months i seem to hv become more n more recluse..i prefer spending time alone than go out with someone....

the worst part of the whole thing was that a couple of friends advised me abt her when i used to hang out with her and i like the fool that i am thot they were jealous and told them to eff off....and now i cant show my face to them :-( how do i own up to my mistake?

Hey, you're human. You can always own up to mistakes. You had an open heart and were trusting. It isn't your fault that she was shallow and selfish.

If your friends are true, it might take time, but they will welcome you back and be understanding.

And if they don't...it is time for new friends. And that can be fun.

Get out and get involved in activities you enjoy and you'll easy meet new people.