+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

I'm looking for commiseration and absolution, maybe a little scolding, and hopefully some good advice. Here's the deal: My marriage was doomed, five years of wasted time. My husband was a drunk and a depressed loser. I had been threatening my husband with divorce for at least a year when I met the Goombah. The Goombah was good-looking, charming, and appeared to be really into me. I was really attracted to him, which spelled the final word for my marriage. I served my husband with papers, and he suddenly saw the light and went to rehab. I panicked and slept with the Goombah. Everything went to hell. The Goombah blew me off like the sleazy one-night-stand I now realize I was, and I'm too mortified to tell my friends. They think I'm crying my eyes out over the divorce. I am totally obsesssed with this *******. Is it possible to be in love with someone who has the morals of a goat (kettle...black?) and the attention span of a goldfish?

I know I'm not the only person on the planet who has screwed up totally when she got divorced. Is this a rite of passage?

Probably. But the important question is: Did you cum?
    Speak less. Say more.

Whats a 'Goombah' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    Whats a 'Goombah' ?

It's a Mafia term. Like the Godfather was to Family. And the Family to his foot soldiers.

The foot soldiers would call the Boss, Goombah.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think that you're in love with this goombah, you were just looking for some action because you weren't satisfied in your husband. my advice is that if your husband can change, so can you. with that said, maybe you should confront your husband and deal with the problem like he is doing.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Am I in the wrong forum section?? Hmm, thought I was lost there for a second! Ok well that was a nice introductory!

I would agree with Illusional on this one!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    They think I'm crying my eyes out over the divorce. I am totally obsesssed with this *******. Is it possible to be in love with someone who has the morals of a goat (kettle...black?) and the attention span of a goldfish?
    Of course it is.

We always want what we can't have.

Is it possible to be in love with someone who has the morals of a goat (kettle...black?) and the attention span of a goldfish?

I know I'm not the only person on the planet who has screwed up totally when she got divorced. Is this a rite of passage?
    might be a rite, yeah. i have screwed up totally since i split up with my one and only long term boyfriend (8 years - 7 of those living together) and that was something like 6 years ago. and i've fallen in love only with the goat/goldfish kinda guy ever since. sorry, can't really offer any advice, only wanted to say: i feel you!!!!

Sorry...intense

You're right, Rosebud, I was a little intense for the introductory page. I was a bit desperate to connect. I feel better now, like I confessed a sin.

Uh-oh

Uh-oh, Alice. I was hoping this would be a passing thing. I don't want to make this a habit; it hurts too much. How do you live like that, with the Goatfish types wreaking havoc in your life?

Uh-oh, Alice. I was hoping this would be a passing thing. I don't want to make this a habit; it hurts too much. How do you live like that, with the Goatfish types wreaking havoc in your life?
    it wasn't my plan to make this a habit, either. there just don't seem to be any decent guys around that are my age AND single. my life would be hell if i didn't have lots of nice friends who always are there to pick up the pieces the goatfish have left of my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    it wasn't my plan to make this a habit, either. there just don't seem to be any decent guys around that are my age AND single. my life would be hell if i didn't have lots of nice friends who always are there to pick up the pieces the goatfish have left of my heart.
    Life is too short to tolerate goatfish. I'm working on a new plan: the conservation of the self. No dating. No drama. Perhaps this will lead to No crying and No losers.

Life is too short to tolerate goatfish. I'm working on a new plan: the conservation of the self. No dating. No drama. Perhaps this will lead to No crying and No losers.
    nice plan! it usually works for up to 6 months …

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Of course it is.

We always want what we can't have.
    Maybe next time I should aim higher. If I'm going to get shredded, I'd rather suffer over someone really spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    nice plan! it usually works for up to 6 months …
    Maybe that's all the time I'll need for my powers of discernment to return to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast