+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill

Silent Hill

Does any of you ever played the games of Silent Hill?
    Great horror games for PC, xbox and ps consoles!

If u never did, it doesn't matter cause the main reason for this
    thread is because the movie is coming up on April and i wanted
    to share that with you since that's my favorite game.

here's the trailer for those who are interested.
    I can assure you, it's great!!

[URL=http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718754/trailer]SILENT HILL'S MOVIE TRAILER[/URL]

My Forum
    http://cryforhelp.myfreeforum.org

Tone Guest
    Wow!

You too!?

I played this on Playstation 1 like waaaaaaaaay back in the day and it was SO FREAKY!! I LOVED IT!

I can't wait to see the movie - I hope they recreate some of the same very very very creepy moments that was in the game.

I can't wait.

you will totally love it then!
    this movie is basically based on the 1st silent hill from 1999 (that's the only one i actually
    finished lol)
    yeah omg is so cool to find someone who liked the game too.. this is very hard, most people
    dont know the existence of the game or didnt' like it lol.

u're gonna love the movie, did u see the trailer already?

My Forum

Tone Guest
    Yeah I saw it at Underworld 2. I knew RIGHT when I saw the car go through the girl what it was.. I was like "ooooooooooooooh snap!!" (not outloud of course )

Yeah I only played that one - the original.. the guys at Poker last night were tellin me they made apparently 3 total games?? But yeah, that was a classic. Nothin was freakier than the first time you were in the school.. I was playin it late at night all alone in my room.. and those little... demon men things - man those things were SO DAMN CREEPY!!

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

they made a total of 4 games. The last one was very disturbing, it was called "The Room",
    you wake up in your apartment room but the main door is locked with chains all over and
    stuff, very creepy. u have to find a way out in a hole that appears in the bathroom, very
    crazy stuff.
    The monsters there are kinda creepy but they're ok.

The worst one is Silent Hill 3. Omg, they have so many horrible monsters! they're all creepy
    as hell, creepier than the school lil things u said.. those were very spooky, specially because
    of the fact that whenever they were near u heard the noise in the radio, that really freaked
    me out cause u knew they were there but it was so dark u couldn't see anything.

Anyways in SH3, they have very horrible ones.
    I'll give u a couple of names so u look them up in google images if u want to:
    Silent Hill Insane Cancer (big fat thing that runs towards you, if see it u'll be impressed)
    Silent Hill Pendulum (this one is horrilbe, hangs from the ceiling and tries to slash u)
    Silent Hill Pyramid Head (this is actually from #2 but he's very famous.)
    Silent Hill Closer (this is very scary, he's very tall and he hits u with long big arms)

that's all i can remember, they were too many actually.
    I love this... omg

My Forum

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyLee
    that's all i can remember, they were too many actually.
    I love this... omg
    LOL I can tell! I think it's cute.

I googled those monsters and they do look pretty creepy!

Sadly I only played the original. And wow it was so long ago - but I can still remember a lot! Like the hospital... how creepy it was the first time walking through the town.. and YEAH the radio would go on when those alien/demon things were around!!

Ugh you're makin me wanna go buy it and play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    LOL I can tell! I think it's cute.

I googled those monsters and they do look pretty creepy!

Sadly I only played the original. And wow it was so long ago - but I can still remember a lot! Like the hospital... how creepy it was the first time walking through the town.. and YEAH the radio would go on when those alien/demon things were around!!

Ugh you're makin me wanna go buy it and play it again.
    you should!!!
    lol i've been looking around amazon cause the others, silent hill 2 and 3 are very cheap
    if u buy them used & new, like 4 bucks or something!
    i'm totally getting them to play them again and finish them cause i started playing and
    because of lack of time at the moment and i dont know what i never finished them so
    believe me i'll go and try them again

My Forum

i played the 1st one also WAYY back when it 1st came out , i only got to the school ( i think its that )

i also had the 4th for a while ... the Room ... i didnt like it so i exchanged it with something else a while back ago ... but yea it was well made but i didnt scare me... even the 1st didnt ... i really liked the beginning right after the father looses his daughter and he looks in the cemetary .... then some ambualance bed with a sheet filled with blood , the lights go off and little creepy freaks jump you with bloody knives ... then you go unconcious or something .

Tone Guest
    Hells yeah.

is the best game ever... i love it so much i can't even explain.
    oh well i hope that everyone in here who reads this realizes this is a great thing to play
    just download it from somewhere or buy it, is very cheap!
    u'll love it! speciall 1, 2 and 3!!!

My Forum

I found SH shit...

For the movie? Meh.

oh well, not everyone can like it, i suppose......

My Forum

Silent hill is one of my favorite games of all time.

Silent Hill 2 was by far the scariest in my mind, as well as the minds of many other horror genre games. It was rated like #2 or 3 scariest games ever made awhile back.

I've beaten 1,2, and 4....never played 3. I too am really looking forward to the movie. It should be pretty wild.

AmyLee - You are a little off as far as what the movie is based on. In part 2, you are constantly running after a little girl in the shadows, which the movie also looks like. Also of note, if you pay really close attention to the theatrical trailer, you will see Pyramid Head as well.

The girl character wasn't until part 3 either. The flesh zombies they are using, as well as the nurses are straight out of part 2.

Either way, it looks like they are incorporating elements from all the films and taking the scariest aspects of the series, which is fine by me.

The entire Silent Hill series is horrifying and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a little scare. (Especially part 2!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Tone Guest
    Oh damn.. I thought it was just based on the first game.. shit! Now I won't know what the heck is goin on cause I never played the other ones...

I guess I should have known though, being as how the main character in the first game was a guy looking for his daughter... and the main character in the movie is a woman.

oh man, part 1 was was rubbish compared to part 2. I had to play that shit with a friend because it gave me the creeps. It has all the best monsters and storyline to it in my mind. The environments were so freakin scary that you truly were afraid of things jumping out at you.

Part 4 looks the best visually and has some killer creepiness in it, but isn't as downright frightening as part 2 was in my mind. Some of the monsters could have been scarier, but they turned out to be kinda lame. (The baby head monsters or the giant blob looking guys that sound like they are burping at you in the hospital...lame)

Part 2 has Pyamid head, who is one of the toughest - scariest bad guys ever in a game...Silent Hill 2 FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast