+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OV wants this date!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    lol, i love the bold lol, if you had a highlighter you'da probably used that too, huh?
    Maybe red ink?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yahoooooo!!!!

How excellent!

It is a nice touch if you pay, though certainly NOT a requirement. And if you wanted to actually pay, then keep the date simple and inexpensive. I think that is the best way to go!

Don't do anything too intense for a first date - although - Saturday - for a first date!??!?!

Yahooooo - good job.

(Speaking of which we never heard back from our man jog, did we...about the girl in his driving class that he asked out and she accepted....)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TyRuK
    ^^ Ohh very good arguements there! Is it just me or are women right too often? LOL
    Of course we are right. And I agree with clynn that the first date should be inexpensive. Of course, what qualifies as inexpensive depends on your income. Coffee dates are very nice. Dinner is too, but only if it isn't a financial strain. God forbid the guy spend 10 cents if he is going to resent it later...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

What's goin dowwwwwwwwn? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Well it's almost 2am here. Night

I'm happy to hear the great news, OV! I suppose a change in the thread name may be in line... maybe something like "OV got this date!".

Anyway, as for what to do.. I agree with vashti (not something new). Something inexpensive or simple would be nice. Something casual... just to keep things very open and comfortable, know what I mean?
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Nice one OV!

I think I missed the point in history where women became money grubbing hos if men paid for dates. Someone draw me a time table, please.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

NICE , Good one OV ... the reason why girls think that its "gentlemanly" to pay most if not all the time is based on history ... back then women dint really work ... they stayed home and dint drive causing accidents while talking to their cells and applying make-up (dumb broads) ... so if a man dint pay for a date ... it was like "geez i dont even make alot of money and he isnt inviting me ... what an ass" ... so men were expected to pay ...

nowadays with women rights and other type o shits like that , well its kinda unfair if they want to make as much money and still want their asses covered by a man ... they dont seem to like it when it doesnt go their way ... so what do they use ... the same old shit that was used hundred of years ago "uuhhh , hes not a gentleman" ... blow me .

luckely for me , i found a funny way to deal with this ... my recent ex found an old letter written by me ... it was meant to give it to my ex before her ... so she keept questioning about it ... i was pissed when i wrote it , i was supposed to dump her in a very stupid and bad way ... with a letter also ... in a hotel while i drive off and shes stuck and wakes up to a piece of paper ... wtv
    so i wrote it and all in the middle of the night in the hotel . i looked over my shoulder and i saw her sleeping , i put the letter i my pocket ... fast worward 6 months and now this trick is asking about it .

so i showed her , i wasnt even sure what i wrote anymore ...at some point i wrote " shes so cheap , she never pays for anything ... worst than a jew" (no i dont hate jews its just an expression , like hairier than a greek, smaller than an asian )

so this is the conversation that follows

X(short for EX): so you wanted to leave her because she was cheap ?
    Me: no , that wasnt the main reason but it did help , you know after a while , 5 $ here and 20 $ there ... it adds up to thousands
    X: so your saying that if she would have paid once in a while at least you would have been happier and you might not want to brake up so badly with her back then ...
    ME: meh sumtin like that ...

since then my GF at the time paid for EVERYTHING ... not once did she let me pay , she keep insisting ... at the beginnig i was paying all the time ... guess i got one of her insecurity buttons ... kinda like when i said "hey i can see the roots of your hair (they were colored)"
    her: "oh is that bad?"
    me: meh , wtv ....... i guess not ............what do i know ,im a guy

2 days later she comes back from the salon ...LMAO

Good points on the entire money issue Cybog and Late vamp and everyone else....but..considering I asked her out, Ifeel obligated some how too pay, doesnt really matter to me because I WANT TOO. I fight for equal pay too, but not this date though, specially considering that one of the last sentences I said to her was "I promise you'll have fun *wink and smile*". So that right there equals me paying. We talked for a while after class and she seems to like me, we had a long conversation and I skipped my next class just to talk to her(she doesnt know). I dont think she is stupid and will take advantage of me. Its not like I am dumb, I will be able to tell right? I mean, I am OV right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    How much do you want to spend? And are you expecting to be a gentleman and treat her?
    Yea, I promised her a good night out so its up to me pretty much, I can go up to ...hmmm...$200-400? for the first date, depends on were and what I dont mind, honestly I dont waste money on other things. Plus she gives me these warm smiles that are worth the money and its valentines day

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    since then my GF at the time paid for EVERYTHING ...
    Come on, everything? thats kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    The first date is an interview. You are being watched and judged on your every move.
    come on man. Your supposed to incourage me, build me some confidence for saturday please, I dont want to be a nervous wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    No amount of money that you spend on a chick will influence whether or not she wants to sleep with you or spend more time with them.
    I agree, dont you think I know that cybog, I mean, look who you are talking to lol. I think I have other reasons to pay then wanting to get in her panties.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 14-02-06 at 10:33 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If she's a nice girl she'll be willing to pay half, I'd never let a man pay for me.

OV 200-400 $ ... hey by all means dont try to be modest ...geez thats like a fancy night out if i would to take out a girl ... slow down ... i think 60$ for both shoud do fine . unless you want to give a diamond ring by the end of the month ... do NOT spoil her .... if you do too early on ... she'll be dissapointed at you later on and she'll start to have bad ideas of you ...
    OV your smarter than that .. or at least i thought ...meh

ps: also if you cant have a good time or cant impress a girl without wasting a penny ... then ... all i have to say is poor you .

ok pay for the 1st couple of dates ... but dont push it ... look i know you really want a GF and your all happy n shit ... but keep you pants on and your feet to the ground ...
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 14-02-06 at 10:20 AM.

OV 200-400 $ ... hey by all means dont try to be modest ...geez thats like a fancy night out if i would to take out a girl ... slow down ... i think 60$ for both shoud do fine . unless you want to give a diamond ring by the end of the month ... do NOT spoil her .... if you do too early on ... she'll be dissapointed at you later on and she'll start to have bad ideas of you ...
    OV your smarter than that .. or at least i thought ...meh
    You know me man, I am a scientist, nota people person, why do you think I stick on here? I dont know what an expensive date is and what is not you know? thats why I shot out a number and am waiting for people to criticize, I am not stupid but 60 bucks? thats like a meal at denny's no?

ok pay for the 1st couple of dates ... but dont push it ... look i know you really want a GF and your all happy n shit ... but keep you pants on and your feet to the ground ...
    Come on, Im happy, yea I wont deny it, but I dont need a girlfriend. I just like her.

OV you seem like a really nice guy (even though you were slightly harsh to me lol) I doubht you'll have to pay over $200 for a date. Have you got any plans, I mean where you gonna take her? I'd say Cinema and food afterwards would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    OV you seem like a really nice guy (even though you were slightly harsh to me lol) I doubht you'll have to pay over $200 for a date. Have you got any plans, I mean where you gonna take her? I'd say Cinema and food afterwards would be a good idea.
    Some times I take joking too far. I was thinking of food and then drive out some were into the city...or, I dont know I suck. She is 19 years old(soon to be 20), should I take her to the movies? I got a week to think about it.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast