+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do for Valentine's Day? Please help!

What to do for Valentine's Day? Please help!

Hey everybody, I've been gone a few months, but now I'm back.
    I've got a little problem maybe you can help me with. There's this girl that I have been "just friends" with for a couple years now. We talk sometimes, say hi to each other, that kind of thing. Anyway, I have always really liked her, but never told her or asked her out.

As far as I know, she is single. My school is having a big dance Friday next week. I was thinking of asking her to go. Since Valentine's day is Tuesday next week, I was thinking of asking her to the dance on Valentine's Day and (if she says yes) giving her chocolate, too, well, because it's Valentine's Day.

And maybe she would think it's a sweet gesture, I don't know. BTW, I'm a sophomore in high school, if that helps you help me.

So my question is: Would the chocolate be excessive or should I just ask her to the dance and forget about doing anything for Valentine's Day?

I don't want to overdo it (too much, too soon) and freak her out. Let's just say I've overdone it in the past and have had bad experiences.

Thanks in advance.

At first glance I think the chocolate would be a bit excessive. Try and casually ask her to the dance and don't really focus on Valentines' Day. I would say this is the best way to go because since she has been a long time friend, you probably want to find a "casual" way to ask her that won't scare her away.

lilwing89 Guest
    the chocolate isnt excessive if you give it to her when you two are ALONE! make sure it is alone if you are planning on doing that. dont tell her why unless she asks why. and say she is a special person to you and you wanted her to know it.

my school is having a dance on sat. and my gf wont go with me so i guess if it doesnt work out for either of us we can cry on eachothers shoulders.

infact do this:
    ask her to the dance nomatter what.
    if she says no then **** it, go anyways. dance with her or somethin. youll get over it.

if she says yes, then take her out to eat before the dance and give her the chocolates then. dont tell her you like her yet. go to the dance, have fun. next day, call her up tell her you had fun and hope she did too. tell her that you like her and you wanna spend some more time together just you and her, tell her where and when and ask her if thatd be ok if she doesnt say anything.

'hey i really had fun at the dance last night. you looked beautiful in that dress! actually, the reason why im calling is because is because i like you and i wanna spend more time with you. how would you like to go bowling today at 7? just you and me'

from a jr. in h.s.

Alright, thanks for your help. The chocolate may be a bit much. The only purpose of this would be to tell her she's a special person. But maybe that would be "too much too soon", even though we've been friends for a long time. I think I'll just go with the casual approach tomorrow (Monday, not Valentine's Day):

"Hey, that dance is coming up Friday this week. I was thinking about going and I just thought of you. I was just wondering, would you like to go?"

What does everyone think?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should just ask her...... I mean....the worst she can say is no. Then at least you get to hang out with her and get to know her a bit better.

I would hold on the chocolates....but possibly maybe get her a flower for the dance. That would be a sweet gesture.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I'll have the chocolates lol!

As above, it may be a better idea for a flower, a beautiful rose, or maybe a boxed one. Me, however, would eat chocolate from just about anyone lol.

Tone Guest
    Damn Valentines Day.. gettin in the way of our Poker Night

>:[

Totally damn Valentine's Day!

That aside, I think you should give her a pink rose. White is for purity and red is for love. Maybe something in the middle would be appropriate.