+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is going to be done about spam controlling the website?

^^ Hell yes, you said it right, smackie. It's like one of those tenement slums, and loveadmin is our slumlord...haha

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] lol I just counted up most of their total spam posts on profiles. The easiest way.

[MENTION=87417]smackie09[/MENTION] I agree with you moderating keeps the site clean and trouble free and makes it welcoming to newcomers and shows respect to long time posters/members too. Recently a lot of features were removed, so whoever did that over a month ago, where are they and why are they not replying to spam reports? Peculiar to me.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] lol on "slumlord"
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

They may be being paid to spam for hits on the website as to mimic actual posts to reflect no loss in membership or posting if people read stats and do not look at the forum itself, it keeps the money at the same level and actually makes it look like the website is busier than ever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

I think "trouble-free" would be a slight exaggeration. Even with moderators actively dealing with stuff no site is ever trouble-free. But, relatively trouble-free, sure. Which this site very well could be if they'd appoint a few moderators to help the admin out.

Looks like spammers and SOME of their accounts and posts are gone along with our profile pictures - our tags- our mentions- our location to the right. Did forum reconfigure too? Looks dif to me, to you too?
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Ya they just shut off the options so they don't have to have someone moderate it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smackie09 For This Useful Post:

Looks all cleaned up, and changed too? We have avvies again and thanks button...woot! Ha ha... My kitty is rep'ing her mama.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dollhouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    Looks all cleaned up, and changed too? We have avvies again and thanks button...woot! Ha ha... My kitty is rep'ing her mama.
    This was a surprising change, I approve.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Yet still some helpful features have not returned. Like, again, I was a big fan of the feature where you could hover over the title for a particular thread and see if you've posted in it before and how many times. I found that feature very helpful because often the titles of threads are so generic and there are so many that are so similar. Especially in the main advice board. I often find myself looking at a title and thinking "Did I already participate in this one or is it new to me?"

That feature is still gone. I'm not really sure what else was removed and/or added, but the site looks very different yet again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

No new password needed @CantMoveOn @TheEvilJester, same?( Re:locked thread) Unless when you post and log out, next visit you need one? What feature? The green arrow one?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

I always leave the option to "remember me" checked so I don't have to log back in each time I visit. Mainly, I did that because the site used to always time me out in the middle of typing a response and that was really annoying. So I selected that option.

Today I came to the site and had been logged out, even though I always leave that option checked. I did NOT have to change my password, though. My same password was still fine.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

Tried my old account again today and it works, but tried all those other days and it said my password or username was wrong and went through the 5 attempts and wouldn't log in me, and then I made the new account. Wonder if that spammer bhe??? hacked my account and Gale woman in BHs section, because she has not logged in either since? and he sent both of us repeated taunting PMs during his spamming stay. I told loveadmin my actual password I used on this account, the old one and the updated one year one and maybe they readded it on my account for me? Thank you, if so. I didn't like using the other account. I still didn't recall my email and I checked when I logged in and had an a-ha moment, didn't recall because it was one of my roomies mails ( she has a few gmails ) I will change that to the new gmail I made up for my mellyann account today, so I won't forget site email again. Phew. Other one had that 18 character p.w, was annoying to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I cannot use my new gmail account for my email on this original account because the mellyann account is still active and that email is registered an account isn't deactivated. So have to wait for that one to be removed so I can add new Gmail onto this username account. I wrote down my email for this one so at least now I know it.
    Last edited by CantMoveOn; 14-09-18 at 04:28 AM. Reason: typo :)
    ― Eckhart Tolle

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Glad to see you got your username back! YAY!

...Can't help but wonder why you used your roommate's e-mail for this. Didn't you have your own e-mail at the time? LOL!

It has to do with my ex-fiance I used one old yahoo with him from the start of our relationship and then when yahoo kept getting hacked and they sent spam to his work I stopped using that yahoo email and made a Gmail that I basically only used with him and two other people, all other people and things I used my service provider mail but when it came time to sign up here I didn't want to use the Gmail with him because it would hurt me to log in and read anything old or god forbid new, and I didn't want to use my service provider email - so my roomie had several gmails and I asked for one of her least used ones and she offered that one up, so I never used it again sine sign up and forgot about it.
    ― Eckhart Tolle

yeet im hoping it ends soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast