+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is going to be done about spam controlling the website?

Is this site still having issues? I saw a thread by Jester in Off Topics about not being able to complete a post reply. I think it looks like forum sign up has dwindled to no new members signing up because of the password restrictions. It would be better to assign a few mods over making it difficult for new members to join in order to block spammers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

I definitely appreciate the efforts to make it harder for spammers to join, but not if it also makes actual new users less likely to join. Heck, I know if I tried to join a website and was expected to create an 18 character password, I might just think "...yeeeah. No, thank you."

I don't pretend to know the solution to deter spammers yet still encourage actual new members. I'm just saying a solution that is as likely to scare off new members as it is spammers isn't really the solution.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

@TheEvilJester - what did the loveadmin tell you that was wrong with your account? and why your account did it happen to?

Also - some people were asking about you in this thread: https://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=104569

- - - Updated - - -

@topazlight - I haven't really noticed any new members joining within few weeks of the new p.w needed.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

It apparently had to do with something they were implementing as a way to deter spammers. I guess there were just unforeseen side effects, as loveadmin assured me they obviously did not mean to restrict regular users.

So I'm back. Nice to hear that they actually are at least trying some measures to solve the issues with spammers/trolls.

Why is the order of threads all messed up today and why is mine and jester's locked threads pushed to the top of the forum? My thread was on the second page my last visit. Someone was reworking the site again? It clearly is different and has number of likes or thanks a thread starting post gets on forum page now, which looks odd.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked after I posted and even this thread the current last posted in did not go to the top, the two locked threads and dollhouse's apps thread are top of the page, are those three pinned?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, figured out how to fix it, it was set to thread start time, and I changed it to thread post time, and now all back to normal. But, I never changed that on my account, so was changed on own by staff??? anyhow, can fix it ourselves.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Hey all! Forum looks different and why does it have a new name? acyberlove.com -- not loveforum.net

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of threads are locked up --guess that rule hasn't changed. Looks like several had accounts issues too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it does not show you they have locked with that image anymore so you do not know until you realize you cannot post in it.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jffs24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    Also, it does not show you they have locked with that image anymore so you do not know until you realize you cannot post in it.
    Seriously?! I hadn't noticed that. That is going to get REALLY annoying. Why do they keep taking away helpful features like that?

I am annoyed by the thread order STILL not working right. I have to change it manually every time I post something, arghhh.
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Yeah, and I am certain a lot of visitors won't even think to do that. Or even know they have to do that. I would be willing to bet that a fair number of people will come here, see that it looks like nobody has posted anything, and just leave.

Not to mention people who aren't as regular of members as some of us. They may not even think there is any need to do that. Honestly, the new order makes no sense what-so-ever. EVERY forum I have EVER been into in my entire history of using forums defaults to showing the most recently updated threads at the top. By date of last post, not date of when it started.

Heck, if you think about it some of our most used threads are some of the games like the true and false game that were started LONG ago, yet we still actively post in it almost daily.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123