+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is going to be done about spam controlling the website?

What is going to be done about spam controlling the website?

I log in today and now it is in the Male and Marriage forum, last time was only in the Broken hearts and Kissing forums. It is spreading. Soon it will cover every section of the website until the website is unusable if not stopped. Did the owner throw his forum away?

I've reported and exchanged PMs with the first spammer who sent myself and that woman in Broken hearts both nonsense PMs.

Anyone know a hacker who can hack and block the spammers accounts? Because where are the ones who run this site, why aren't they doing it? Outrageous.

- - - Updated - - -

I just sent the admin two PMs in a row saying this, Your forum is being taken over by bot spam - Check in and clear it.

This is why websites need moderators, at least one that checks the forum once a week.

Guess we just sit and watch it taken over?

- - - Updated - - -

correction: Is in Teenagers forum too so: 5 forums now.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

CantMoveOn, I sent several PMs to admin with no response, it seems like the forum is out of control.
    It is sad some sick individuals can do these things.
    Hope someone will stop them. (or him).
    I posted:
    can someone stop the spammer who's attacking the site from several accounts?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gale16 For This Useful Post:

Probably not much will be done. TBH ~ membership will drop & regulars will leave because I know I won't wade through 50 pages of spam to find a real post.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Make some of us regulars moderators. I know I, for one, would happily and with glee go through and delete all the BS spam, ban the spamming users, etc. But we've been asking for some kind of action for a while with nothing happening.

As much as I wish I could be more optimistic... I'm almost 100% sure that either:

A) This site will get so overrun by unchecked spammers/trolls that it will become unsuable

OR

B) One day the site will just flat out disappear permanently.

Either way, that would really be a shame considering how great this site CAN be, and how long it has been around.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

i sent a contact forum report on the 9th of this month and usually, those get attention, even if not replied to whoever will look at the website and fix issues after and weird that no one has in over a month of people first reporting this. i think the owners don't care.

i would want at least 3 mods, along with the admin watching the website for issues. not every poster looks at all sections or is on all hours - all days - all week, so you need 3.

- - - Updated - - -

i sent another contact forum report about advertisements, revenue and spam.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Certificate for website ends Nov. 2018.

I sent a private email to owners business email on the 14th and as of now no reply back.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Thanks for replying, Gale16, breathe123, TheEvilJester, Exeter19, and lovebroken.

From what I am seeing, it looks like my comment in true and false game is coming true. Very sad for posters who only post on this one website and enjoy here. There are four regulars who posted in a reply on here who also I think reported spam and should be considered for moderating positions if they would want it. So, not like admin needs to hunt for good people they are right here visible to help.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

So, if it ends November 18. I think we can assume the website will close at that time?

I think it's only a matter of time before this website closes unfortunately. If the creator cared, they wouldn't allow weeks of spam to linger. The spam will eventually spread to the point where we won't be able to see topics, as Breathe said.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

It's a good ole fashioned spam-festival on here... Usually, the spammer gets blocked within weeks but the spam never gets removed... Isn't when a certificate expires you just leave your website open to hacking until you renew it? It doesn't go away, still same as but more susceptible to hacking?????????????? Someone can confirm that, maybe?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dollhouse For This Useful Post:

The answer is : Nothing, hun.

It wouldn't be as noticeable if that stupid stats thing wasn't at top of the website and showing only spam posts in a row, rofl webmaster is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

R O F L

I checked the spammer's accounts and one of them has over 12,600 +posts. That is a first to me that a spammer can amass that many posts and not be banned. That just doesn't happen -- especially when several report it, it different ways. I think you all should consider this is being allowed to be done on here. Posts = revenue. [MENTION=87417]smackie09[/MENTION] weren't you banned because you had a link for adverstising yourself? Don't you as an ex moderator off here find it odd that a spammer can amass so many posts?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jffs24 For This Useful Post:

Good gravy! That is more posts than me BY FAR and I've been posting here pretty regularly for YEARS. I think I may be the longest running member who is still regularly active here. That is saying something... and it ain't something good.

I wasn't "advertising" anything, it was my FB page. The new owner, had someone go in and kick out people, etc. Now no one is around, they just collect money from the ads. I tried to get my account reinstated but no response. I have sent emails about spam and crap and no one ever responds. It's no wonder this site is half dead.

Thanks for answering, GLYC, dollhouse, Jffs24, TheEvilJester, and smackie09.

Maybe they renew the website agreement every year and it is up for renewal this year on the month of November as lovebroken stated? Guess, come Nov. we shall see.

I think I counted well into the 30, 000 of total spam posts in over a month from several posters spamming. Crazy stuff.

[MENTION=87417]smackie09[/MENTION] why would they get rid of a normal regular posting posters account and not all these stupid spam accounts? This forum is what you'd call ass backward in how it deals with things like the forum was slow so instead of fixing the server or removing clogged up old posts and spam posts they remove active features that were not the issue. No one replied to any of my emails or reports either since I joined. Lovebroken a few posts up said she went as far as emailing a business email for the website and still no reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Two of the spammers started and stopped on the same day of the 22nd. Wonder why those two stopped spamming and the other two are not?
    ― Eckhart Tolle

You actually counted up to 30,000? I think I'd lose interest at...like...100. LOL!

Moderated sites do much better because it's a nicer environment. You have someone attending to the issues of spam, and trolls. I only come here because the other site I spend most of my time is a little quiet.

I really miss the chat box, and the casual atmosphere this site had. Now it feels like an abandoned city...wind blowing through.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast