+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone want to time travel?

"Youthful indiscretion"? The guy must have been in his late 30's back in the 80's.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

So, who is interested. Im going back in time with him tomorrow. Any takers?

Mullets are awesome when combined with a late 80's rusty shevy camero.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchBoY
    goddamn lunatic......hahahaaha, can't believe the shit people post on the net.
    Yea, seriously.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I've thought about time travel a lot, but when I do that, I usually get more confused than when I started.

If we go back in time, then present day people would not know who I am because I would have lived and died back in time where I went. If I came back to the future, no one would know that I existed because I died already.

Then, I think of the other way around. How could I go back in time when I never existed? How is that possible? How can my body exist then when it was never born.

Another concept is about the body. If you go back in time 3 years, would you be a separate body or would you be in that same body you were in? How is it possible to have two bodies? If new bodies kept appearing everytime you time-traveled, then you'd have many of them at the same time after traveling a lot. How is that physically possible? Where did the mass come from?

Also, would you have new knowledge or would all the knowledge you gained after that point in time be lost?

There are too many uncertainties and I'd rather not go back in time, OV, although I've fancied it often.

Mullets are awesome when combined with a late 80's rusty shevy camero.

Count me in! Who could say no to a mullet and a bitchin' Camaro?

I love these sci-fantasy books, "The Company" series by Kage Baker. Her take on time travel is very engaging.

The problem with the books is that there is virtually no mention of mullets, or George Clooney.

Tone Guest
    Anyone ever hear of John Titor?

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    I've thought about time travel a lot, but when I do that, I usually get more confused than when I started.

If we go back in time, then present day people would not know who I am because I would have lived and died back in time where I went. If I came back to the future, no one would know that I existed because I died already.

Then, I think of the other way around. How could I go back in time when I never existed? How is that possible? How can my body exist then when it was never born.

Another concept is about the body. If you go back in time 3 years, would you be a separate body or would you be in that same body you were in? How is it possible to have two bodies? If new bodies kept appearing everytime you time-traveled, then you'd have many of them at the same time after traveling a lot. How is that physically possible? Where did the mass come from?

Also, would you have new knowledge or would all the knowledge you gained after that point in time be lost?

There are too many uncertainties and I'd rather not go back in time, OV, although I've fancied it often.

Actually since the entire thread was a joke it probably signifies something about my belief in time travel. Time travel is impossible, it would mean to witness events that have already happened but thus altering the future and making it not the past anymore but rather a different time of its own. Now the future doesnt even exist so there is no way to go somewere that doesnt exist, thing about that. Time travel is logically impossible and logic is the absolute truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Count me in! Who could say no to a mullet and a bitchin' Camaro?

I love these sci-fantasy books, "The Company" series by Kage Baker. Her take on time travel is very engaging.

The problem with the books is that there is virtually no mention of mullets, or George Clooney.
    Haha, yea, anotehr problem with the book is that time travel is not possible, but mullets are!

Haha, yea, anotehr problem with the book is that time travel is not possible, but mullets are!
    I would so happily trade mullets for time travel...
    but I agree with you. it's impossible.

apparently according to (some scientist i wont name because ill probably get flamed my ass off) (if i remember well) , it is impossible but IF we did find a way , we would only be able to go back in time and not forward ... i think it has something to do with going faster than the speed of light , you would be able to catch back what happened thus being some sort of time travel . Also if you went back in time you woulnt be able to go back to the future because you just altered it ... since the future isnt made until it happens ... then you would have to wait or go back even more backwards in time ...

no spinning around earth fast enough so it starts spinning backwards super fast doesnt create time travel ... sorry Superman fans

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe you should refer this to jay leno's headlines.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    apparently according to (some scientist i wont name because ill probably get flamed my ass off) (if i remember well) , it is impossible but IF we did find a way , we would only be able to go back in time and not forward ... i think it has something to do with going faster than the speed of light , you would be able to catch back what happened thus being some sort of time travel . Also if you went back in time you woulnt be able to go back to the future because you just altered it ... since the future isnt made until it happens ... then you would have to wait or go back even more backwards in time ...

no spinning around earth fast enough so it starts spinning backwards super fast doesnt create time travel ... sorry Superman fans

Then all your doing is not going back in time but make the future not exist. Going the speed of light does allow you to teleport to were ever you want on the causal chain of effects, simple makes things seems slower for you while everyone else lives and does things super fast, according to that though we would have to conclude that sleeping is time travel and thats bogus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12