+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A date with the past...

A Date With The Past...

I've known this guy for three years, we were on/off for about two years when we were at uni. And subsequently he left last year and moved away. I didn't think much of it as he was moving away and didn't think i'd see him again and got involved in a fairly long term relationship which ended a while ago.

I'm beginnng to feel ready to date again now, and this guy i bumped into over new years eve. He admitted that he was always jealous of my relationship and wished it were him, (he has told me this on more than one occassion), so being single i took his new number and we've been texting for about 6 weeks.

He asked me earlier this week if i wanted to visit him for the night, and said he'd take me out for dinner and we'd go for a few drinks. So i thought what the hell, and I had such an amazing time it was really nice to see him, and from the body language he felt the same. It was slightly awkward this morning but last night he was cuddling me and was just being genuniely nice.

The thing that was different with this date to any other we had the year before last was that we actually went out and did something. Previously we used to just not leave the bedroom.

I've realised i really like him, and have always held feelings for him even when i was with my last boyfriend i just wanted to deny it..

However now its the difficult situation of who makes the next contact.. I want to text him to thank him for taking me out (he paid for all of it) and that enjoyed myself. But the date was only last night, and i'm scared that it'll go back to the way it used to be where we'd sleep together and i'd never get a call for a couple of weeks. But my instinct is telling me this is different... What should i do?
    Last edited by gw1470; 19-02-06 at 01:25 AM.

I'm confused. i'm not sure which guy you're talking about at the various points in your story. Is the guy you went out with the same as the on-off guy?

In either case:
    I think that if someone took you out on a date, and you had a good time, it is totally nice to contact him the next day to say "thanks for the date" - no expectations, just "thanks"