+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice :nerd:

Need some advice :nerd:

Hey all, I need some serious advice on things...

I recently was dumped after a wonderful 3 year relationship with the love of my life, and I didn't think that I would ever come to terms with myself that there was anyone else out there. It wasn't a horrible or angry breakup by any means, I had been her only true love, and she felt that she needed to experience her life, and set more focus on her college and family, which I respected, simply because I wanted her to be happy. My first problem lies in the fact that it has only been a little over 2 weeks now, and I went from "horribly devistated" to "fine" literally overnight. And at this moment in time I honestly feel as if it is somehow better this way, and have accepted to let her go.

So is it possible for me to be "okay" again in 2 weeks after getting out of an intimate 3 years relationship? I feel like I am, but am I really over her?

My next issue lies in the fact that I have a lot of friends that happen to be girls, and I've always thought this one girl was particulary cute. I even told one of my best freinds that I could see us together at some point before I started dating my love of 3 years. Just recently the girl that I said I could one day see myself with approached me and told me that she's liked me for a long time now. Almost the entire 3 years that I was going out with my ex. But that she respected me so she didn't want to say anything. She also said that she realizes that I prolly need some space right now, and that she would understand and support and decisions I would make to see her, or not see her. We've hung out the past couple days with freinds, and went to see a movie together "as friends."

She is an amazingly awesome girl, she's smart, beautiful, fun, and loving... but I just don't know what to do? I'm attracted to her, but I don't feel like I felt about my ex. Is that selfish to judge that way? Have I forgotten how it feels to not be comfortable with someone, and have that awkwardness of first attraction?

Help, thanks!

Tone Guest
    Don't jump into anything too soon... give yourself time, keep gettin to know the new interest and see where things go.. when you feel you're ready go for it!

They say the best way to get over someone is with someone new. :)

I think if you provided a pic of said girl, this forum would be all that closer to help you out/give advise.

Oh, and
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are over the "love of your life" in two weeks, I would guess that she wasn't really the love of your life. Furthermore, that you are interested in dating someone so soon may indicate that you are unable to tolerate being on your own for a while and are on the needy side.

I suggest you slow down.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Why would a picture help determine your decision? I am willing to wait as long as it takes, so I don't feel that I am on the needy side... In other words, I am perfectly fine with being single for now. I guess my problem is that This new girl that's liked me for a while is an awesome girl. Total marriage quality, everything a good guy could ever want. Good family, adorable, fun, loving, can cook & clean (I don't mean that to be offensive in any way. It's just sad these days when ppl cant even make dinner or do laundry) she's patient, and committed. The reason I know this is because she's been one of my really good freinds for a while. I like her a lot, what's not to like? But I just don't understand with all of those qualities why I wouldn't be feeling crazy about her?

Quote Originally Posted by dono
    Why would a picture help determine your decision?
    A picture's worth 1000 words?

Why would a picture help determine your decision?
    Do you want our advice or not?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ::laughing:: You guys are really something.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Tavs, I'm at work right now, so I am unable to post a pic of her at the moment, maybe when I get home. If it really matters to you THAT much, she's asian, smoothest skin you could ever imagine. She's 5'2", around 100lbs, thin & toned/athletic. She's a cute little package.

Tavs, I'm at work right now, so I am unable to post a pic of her at the moment, maybe when I get home. If it really matters to you THAT much, she's asian, smoothest skin you could ever imagine. She's 5'2", around 100lbs, thin & toned/athletic. She's a cute little package.
    i don't believe this. no wonder this world is the way it is with people obeying every silly command no matter who made it.

she's asian, smoothest skin you could ever imagine. She's 5'2", around 100lbs, thin & toned/athletic. She's a cute little package.
    Yum.

die Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    die Alice.
    why?
    so you could ask for pics of the event?

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    i don't believe this. no wonder this world is the way it is with people obeying every silly command no matter who made it.
    But I'm TAVS and my friend here is Lloyd.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    why?
    so you could ask for pics of the event?
    If I asked, would I get them? I'd finally see you, when you'd be laid out.