+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huh?? Can someone explain this???

Huh?? Can someone explain this???

Why would a guy be *really* nice to you, go out of their way for you, suggest that the two of you should go out to dinner and tells you to call him (twice!), then when you call (a few days later), they give you the blow-off and say "I'm really busy" (ok he works two jobs, but he'll have to eat anyway??)?

Btw, he was supposed to be off from his day job today (but not the night job)- but if he really wanted, we could have met up in the daytime. He was supposed to get back to me today, but he didn't.

I'm really stumped. I would have thought that if he didn't want to see me he would have said "I'll call you" instead which left him the option of not calling. Why would he insist I call him only to turn me down?

Can anyone shed some light? I'm really trying to learn, thnx!

Thanks happen; things change. Move on.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yeah, stuff happens. Maybe he just wants to keep you close enough to get some a$$ every once in a while, but doesn't wanna "waste time" with ya. Just a thought, that's how I used to be.

dono, I've thought of that. I'm very attracted to this guy. He'd hardly have to do any 'work' to get it, but he's not even trying for it, that's why I'm stumped...

Sadly, for some, it really is about the chase. This teaches us girls to be evil.

It's too late to be evil with this one, unless he's easily confused or into the "I can make her want me again" game.

Why don't you find a nice, straightforward guy, who isn't too "busy" (read: for you).

Heh, in more ways than one I'm kinda like this guy. When he told me to call I felt like I've 'got' him too. I was not overjoyed or whatever, but right now it seems like I haven't completely closed the deal, so 'the chase' hasn't been completed yet...i don't think he realizes that I just want the same thing as him.

Ooo! Naughty! Okay, never mind about the nice, straightforward guy.

Either he's jerking your chain or he's actually got some good reason why he didn't call. Could be all kinds of things. Maybe his fingers are all broken. Maybe he's in jail. Maybe he's having a herpes outbreak. (We hope not)

Is he easily distracted? He may have forgotten how much he wants to hook up. Some guys are so visual. Maybe you could engineer a chance encounter?

Boys will be boys and all that..

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

hehe what exactly d'u mean by 'jerking my chain'? somebody suggested he's prob just a player, but imo, you gotta at least seal the deal first- that's why i'm so puzzled by the situation. i find that if i leave a longer period w/ no contact his interest will peak again. of course, he's also super nice when i see him (and he doesn't need to be, especially if he never wanted anything form me in the first place, so i'm also intrigued by his jerk/nice guy bi-polar tendencies), i doubt he'll be in touch though.

oh yea i'm pretty bi-polar myself...i think i slowly understand why i'm so hung up on him..lol!
    Last edited by doll69; 21-02-06 at 03:54 AM.

Tone Guest
    Is this the same guy you first saw at the gym?

What does 'I'm pretty bi-polar' actually mean?! LOL!

Tone: why d'u ask? does it matter?

Converse: ok, bi-polar then

Tone Guest
    I guess not.. just curious is all.

Ahhh sorry hun I was being silly.

Tone: Nono! I'm pretty sure you're about to say something insightful there, I feel I could learn something...so what if I said he was, what would your answer be? And what if he wasn't? I'd really love to hear it!

Converse: lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast