+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't feel love like I used to

I don't feel love like I used to

When I was a shy, awkward, insecure teenager, I could feel love really intensely. I'd also fall in love quite easily(I was a desperate idiot). I never had a girlfriend back then, all girls looked at me like I was some kind of disgusting insect. It was rejection after rejection. Now things have changed, I'm way more handsome, I have a huge social circle and I feel quite well with myself. But I can't feel love as intensely as before, even my fantasies are weaker, I don't know why this happened. Love never came when the time was right and that time is long gone. I fear I will never find love because I'm so numb now. I'm now in a relationship with an awesome girl but I don't know what I'm supposed to do or feel because of this...

Love and having a crush on someone are not the same thing

Chill

I don't know how old you are now but, you cannot compare your teenage self with the man you are now. All of us as teenagers felt things so intensely. It was very easy to feel deeply in love with someone. Also, not being accepted by the opposite sex could be crushing.

You are holding on to hurt and rejection from your past. You are no longer that "disgusting insect". You say you are well with yourself but, I don't think that is true. You need to let go of that insecure teenager and move on.

Agreed with the others. I am pretty sure most of us are so much more intense as teenagers. I think it is somewhat natural to feel all things, even love, less intensely as you become an adult.... but it can also become the time to understand and respect those feelings much more.

Think of it this way... how many people do you know who "fell in love" as teens and are still with the same partner into their adulthood? I definitely understand your concern, but you will probably be okay in time. I know that answer may not be all that helpful right now, but it is just one of those things where you need some experience to get it, so to speak. Because you, unfortunately, faced rejection in your younger days, you didn't get to experience that then.

Best of luck to you.