+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men: what keeps you wanting after the first date?

Men: what keeps you wanting after the first date?

What keeps you wanting, thinking about the girl, and turned on after the first date?

Feel free to share specific times you had a first date with a girl and couldn't keep her off your mind.

Or something specific she did?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I was thinking a lot about girls after they touched my D on a first date. Seriously.

But what also helps a lot is that girl is nice, smiles and at the same time talks a lot while smiling. Of course eye contact and just being open and humble.
    Sure when girl "dress to kill" that also helps. But overall I notice when girl puts in effort. What important is dont give up in giving that effort even when things dont seem to go smooth or seem to go south. Girl with lower confidence can give up quite easy.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I was thinking a lot about girls after they touched my D on a first date. Seriously.
    Ok, I forgot to add, leaving actual sex out of the equation.

Hinting and suggestions are ok.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

The sex i have had

Actually, I would second PC's idea of when the woman touches you. I'm not talking about sexually and I don't think he was either. But, like, when they do that touch you on the arm or hand sort of thing. I don't know why, but I've always loved that.

But, truth be told, the main thing for me is just that I got a sense that they enjoyed my company. Sometimes it can be hard to tell... but sometimes you really get a sense one way or another. When I genuinely feel like they seemed to enjoy me and enjoy my company, and we sincerely seemed to have a lot in common, that is what can make me want to try for a second date. If she finds me funny (sincerely, not in that fake way where some people will pretend to laugh when they don't really mean it) is a HUGE plus as well, since I love making people laugh.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Do guys get turned on or off if a girl flirts in a sort of semi-sexual way. Or is a bit touchy on the first date? Or how do you know if a guy wants a kiss?

Be enthusiastic, laugh, smile, compliment, be focused, don't look at your phone, posturing like leaning in, show off the legs in a nice skirt, sexy shoes, be somewhat knowledgeable to have a conversations about guy stuff, like sports, cars, etc.

Don't talk loud, don't talk about your ex, keep the swearing down, and even if things are not great, suck it up and be pleasant.

And yes anything to do with sex, sex appeal, sexual innuendo, sexy flirting, guys (the majority of them) like.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie09 View Post

And yes anything to do with sex, sex appeal, sexual innuendo, sexy flirting, guys (the majority of them) like.
    Tried the sexual innuendo and guys are hella thirsty. How long do you think I can keep this up without giving it up?

For me, it's great chemistry, effort, if theyre good hearted, and physical attraction.

I have a particular type of humor that I enjoy, I always liked sarcastic, self deprecating and plain silly humor. Kind of like, Paul Rudd, or Andy Dweyer in Parks and Rec. Some people get it, other people don't.

Chemistry. Some people you just connect with. Those people I felt almost instantly attracted to. It was as if I had already known the person for a year or so and was just catching up with them.

Effort, are they trying to keep the conversation interesting? Are they asking me questions?

Good hearted. How do they talk about other people, what are their goals, how do they talk about exes, how do they treat waiters, what's their manners.

Physical attraction is kind of a must. It's shallow, but it's true. I need something. If I don't felt any sort of attraction, I likely just won't be attracted. It just doesn't feel right. Not saying they have to be a complete 10 to everybody, but they need to be attractive in MY eyes.

I'd say, chemistry is once again just a big thing. I would go out with a woman again if the chemistry was bad and be willing to try it once more, if she suggested a second date. But if she didn't bring it up, I wouldn't bother to be honest.

Like i said, some people you just click with. You mingle well together and it just flows. I love when that happens. I have instant deep conversations with those people and feel as if I can talk about anything with them. Of course I'll ask them on a second date.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Tried the sexual innuendo and guys are hella thirsty. How long do you think I can keep this up without giving it up?
    That's when playing hard to get comes into play. You are the one that is control, you decide if and when it's going to happen. You can be sexy, and still be feminine.

1. Attraction
    2. Conversation
    3. Mutual Interests
    4. The meal and if she eats or doesn't ( hate when you take someone out to dinner for a date and they won't eat)
    5. Attention ( if I don't pick up my phone, because bored)
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Do guys get turned on or off if a girl flirts in a sort of semi-sexual way. Or is a bit touchy on the first date? Or how do you know if a guy wants a kiss?
    Honestly, it really depends on the guy. And it also depends on the level of exactly how "semi-sexual" are your flirting, jokes, etc. I would say the first good rule of thumb is go with what makes you comfortable. If you aren't comfortable with being all sexual and flirty then don't. Otherwise it is either A) going to come off as obviously fake or B) it's going to give him the wrong impression of you and could just lead to you attracting the wrong kind of guy.

Now, if we are talking about me personally, I would not mind it at all of the woman was a little flirty or even if her jokes/flirtation were a little "sexy" in nature. ...However if she were TOO overt about it, or was one of those people where it seemed like EVERYTHING somehow had to turn into sex... then that would be a huge turn off for me. ...But I think that probably puts me in the vast minority among my fellow males. LOL! Most men would probably love that.