+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, last night.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Yeah but shorty so seductive dancin on me, the way that she posts is makin me horny.
    Tone is enjoying the posts a bit much...
    Make sure you're not at work, or if you are, make sure no one's looking!
    (don't forget to disinfect!)

Well, you're right I don't know ANYTHING for certain.
    If our mutual friend says he asked and he said no he didn't have a girlfirend, I believe that. No worries, I will check.

For now, however, there hasn't been anything too significant happen. Some spending time together at a couple social functions and some flirting.

And he got my number and is calling me next week to make plans.

I haven't asked him point blank about the "girlfriend". There will be no easy cheating here, you can be certain. I will clarify.

ALSO.....I am not in any big hurry with anything anyhow.

I kind of still feel as though personally I too am still somewhat involved with someone. That doesn't exactly feel completely "finished" to me. It is still in an ambivalent state right now --- I think. And so is my heart.

In the meantime, I don't want to let a cute, smart boy pass me by but I won't be rushing too headlong into anything either.

Tone Guest
    You're so smart, clynn!

Good girl, I think you're handling it the best. Good luck, keep us updated.

Thanks, Tone.

Like I said....I do feel like things are still at loose ends with my other guy (ex...).

how are things going?

The new guy phoned me up we are going to go out this weekend.
    Plans still to be confirmed.

Old guy still phones. I'm pretty sure he is still interested but things are a little messed up. And isn't it awful to think that as I consider moving on...I worry about HIS feelings? Geepers. I'll deal with it as I am sure he is.

Clynn, you went through a lot just to get to the place where you can move on. Why are you worrying about Old Guy?

I don't know!!!

Probably because:
    a) I still have strong feelings for him, and history, and friendship and we still talk and share things
    b) wouldn't it just be easier to have things work out with the guy I know instead of the guy I don't?
    c) What if some of the problems with old guy were also precipitated by me? And so although he was the break up initiator I contributed to it....am I missing something.....?

....those sorts of things.

Anyhow it isn't going to stop me from going out with the new guy.

Sigh!

I wish I was in a position to be able to go out with someone new. I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your experience.

Thanks.

I consider myself extremely lucky. I practically fell out of my seat the night I met him because I couldn't believe I could meet someone that I had a connection with so soon after breaking up with someone.

I mean.....I am used to meeting people and having dates happen and stuff...but usually I just go on them because they feel like dates I should go on, or I should be making an effort, that sort of thing.

But this is entirely different. This is fully me liking him and apparently him liking me.

But we haven't had our first date yet! Just two nights where we've been at the same place, same time and have hung out together.

So it really is very premature.

I feel like the balancing act will be:
    - to not rush into anything too fast with new guy as it will increase my chance of second guessing myself considering I'm still getting over old guy...............
    ........and still not holding back ....

Tone Guest
    See? Remember when you told us you were crying over this guy, and we told you that you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about, that you're such a great girl another guy is gonna sweep you up in no time?

Isnt this "New guy" the one who had the hots for her friend?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    He's the one who the first night he met her mentioned his "girlfriend" and now that one of clynn's friends says he says he's single.

I still don't trust this...

You don't just say you have a girlfriend for the hell of it.. and if he DOES then I'd be even MORE worried this guy has some weird issues..

Thanks for the reminder Lloyd - CLYNN - time to get to work on this!!

I can't believe you're going out with him without even questioning why he said he had a girlfriend and then a week later he says he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    See? Remember when you told us you were crying over this guy, and we told you that you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about, that you're such a great girl another guy is gonna sweep you up in no time?
    I hate to admit it --- I'm still crying over the guy. I think I'm done, then bam...it hits me. I think last night the thought of moving on was exciting but also hit me and I felt weepy again!!

I won't let this get very far without questioning the girlfriend thing. I didn't want to ask him over the phone, since frankly I trust my friend - who is a friend of both of ours.

But - hey I know men can be sneaky ..... for sure.... so I will definitely investigate.

And....as I said, I 'm not into moving into anything too quickly as it stands anyhow, I don't think I could handle it emotionally right now (even though it will also help I'm sure!) ------- so I won't get in too deep without getting the goods.

For the record........he didn't say "I have a girlfriend" .... BUT he did begin a sentence telling a story (of something in the past ) with "My girlfriend blah blah blah"

If it was an old girlfriend one would think it would've been more appropriate to say "my girlfriend at the time".

Tone Guest
    Well okay.. I trust you clynn.. cause you're a smart girl.

You just be sure to let us know okay???

You know how we worry about you..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast