+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So, last night.........

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    I had a really good time.

He was a full gentleman. We had interesting conversation and I sorta did one of those "oooh, he's cute" things when he came to pick me up. Kinda felt like I wanted to kiss him right off the bat to cut the tension and just get it out of the way. Of course I didn't.

What was really great was that he brought up the subject of relationships by asking "So, why are you single?" and I told him that I hadn't been single long. Turns out that he hasn't either.

The girlfriend comment was a slip he made. He said that he didn't quite know how to take it back once he said it.

We talked about the idea of maybe needing to be single for a while to "recharge batteries"...but then again, maybe not......? We were both open so that was good I think.

Anyhow, the night ended after some really good kisses (and lovely compliments from him). So I look forward to hearing from him again.

Nice, sounds like a pretty successful night.

Yay, Clynn!! Sounds like a very nice first date,a nd you both sound very sensible.

The girlfriend comment was a slip he made. He said that he didn't quite know how to take it back once he said it.
    I'm sure he didn't; "deer in the headlights" look?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    So, while I prepare for the big date tomorrow night (by the way...he seemed to have most of the weekend free so I think there isn't a girl in the picture). ...... I also sobbing buckets.
    clynn you know I love you lots but this makes me mad...

Some people just can NEVER be happy.. I swear.. you get dumped and what... a few go... a few damn weeks later you have this new, charming (seemingly) genuine guy interested in you and goin on dates..

You really have so much to be 'upset' about. I think it's time to stop feeling sorry about ourself and start openin our eyes. I mean I understand you had strong feelings for the other guy.. and maybe I'm just being an assh*le here... but this just doesn't set right with me. Upset from a breakup and have a real great person ask you out a few weeks later - yet still complaining??? ... come on now.....

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    WOW...Clynn I'm so glad your back in the dating scene again. And I think Tone is right, you do ahve to let that other guy go. You can keep thinking of what might have been or what you could ahve done differnetly or whatever...you ahve to take it as a grain of salt and learn from all that. Your already half way there by going on these dates sweetie.

As you know there's all kinds of men out there who are better for you then that ONE guy who was a jerk!

Good luck sweetie, and have fun!!!!!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    I didn't mean to come off too aggressive... what I mean is so many girls/guys go through breakups and don't have the extreme fortune to meet someone that great so soon...

And here you are complaining still.... it just kinda got me goin...

Way to go on the "good cop, bad cop" routine Rosebud & Tone.

Tone, let me have it! !!! I think there is a some truth in that.

I have a hard time letting go. And who knows - maybe that was a problem before too with the other guy. I don't know. He didn't say it was. But maybe.

I'm feeling so much better today but I did cry a fair bit over the weekend. I just think I'm still dealing with the loss. That's okay though? I mean....I can't help it if I'm having those feelings, can I? How I deal with them seems to me like the important thing.

I don't see myself pushing this new guy away - I hope not. We enjoyed each other's company.

I can't wait til he phones me again !

(Thanks for the kick in the ass, Tone!). Sometimes I need it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456