+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Approaching stranger'esk girls in high school setting

Approaching stranger'esk girls in high school setting

k. i'm just ready to move on from my last rejection... and to take my mind off the old girl. So i do have experience dealing with girls and stuff... but i'm wondering about this situation:

Theres this REALLY great looking girl at my high school, same grade. She's quite the shy type (like my old...hmm...girl), but really really wild with her friends. I see her in the library all the time, alone, doing homework (like actually working). i'm KINDA acquainted with her social group. like i'm friends with half of her group, but i have never actually talked to her much, if at all. She was in two of my classes in previous years, but i haven't spoken to her. We've also been at this one party last year, but again, we didn't speak to each other. I'm not sure if she even knows my name.

So how do i approach her? i'm not in any of her classes (arrg). I don't want to look like a freak/stalker or anything if I just walked up to her and stuff... (although i do ALOT of walking up to strangers, and am really socialble with strangers).

Remember, this is in a high school. i don't want rumours going around that i'm a stalker or anything.

There won't be rumors of your being a stalker if you just go up to her and introduce yourself. There might be if you keep wondering about it, because that will probably be accompanied by a lot of lurking and waiting and looking for an opportunity. So next time you see her (preferably not working - people often don't expect or like to be bothered while doing work) just go up, introduce yourself, and try to start a conversation. If the conversation goes well, make more contact (exchange phone numbers?) If not, back off.

woa that sounds... really... non-highschool'ish... I mean, i've hung out briefly in her social group before... but gawd, it would be awkward... i'm friends with like 2 guys and 4 girls in her social group, so i mean, wouldn't it be dead obvious that i'm hitting on her in public? i guess i prefer the going up solo part.

the funny part of all this, is every guy that i've seen in her presence (asides from our common friends), has "checked" her out to some degree. some very openly (ie one senior hit on her publicly when she was a junior), and others more subtlely... like myself.
    Last edited by Off2College; 28-02-06 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Off2College
    woa that sounds... really... non-highschool'ish...
    But it's good advice...

I *hate* guys who just look. If you're gonna spend so much time lurking and drooling you'd better do something about it...

people don't look at mature high-schoolers and say "oh my gosh, I wish he would behave less like an adult." They look at immature adults and say "oh my gosh, I wish he would behave less like a high-schooler." High school behavior shouldn't be your goal

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm
    people don't look at mature high-schoolers and say "oh my gosh, I wish he would behave less like an adult." They look at immature adults and say "oh my gosh, I wish he would behave less like a high-schooler." High school behavior shouldn't be your goal
    RIGHT ON!!

so i mean, wouldn't it be dead obvious that i'm hitting on her in public? i guess i prefer the going up solo part.
    I didn't say to go up to her around her friends. Find a time when she's by herself.

Tone Guest
    I agree with these two fine young ladies.

BTW doll - it's next week.

hmm k. i'll try it next time... still trying to get over another girl. i dont' care if i don't really "love" this girl, but since she's cute-as-hell, she might help me forget about the other one...

I would think it might be easier to make initial contact with her when she is with your group of mutual friends. You could just go up, start talking to them all, and casually include her in the conversation. If she seems receptive to talking with you in a group, then you can approach her on her own.

Just my two cents...

I agree with shh! (which is not surprising). That's the easiest way to make initial contact, in my opinion.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

hmm true. we'll see.