+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Dreams

Anyone ever had a dream, that you didnt realise you were dreaming and experienced real emotions based off of the dream.

And when you woke up you realised "it was just a dream" ?

What do you make of them?

Yes I've had them before and I think, for the most part, they rock. I do my best to remember them and I love the fact that they seemed so real. I did have one very VERY emotional and memorable nightmare where I woke up screaming with this wierd, but powerful sense that the devil was trying to inhibit my body or something. I woke up in a cold sweat screaming with tears coming down and my body was cold as ice. That, was NOT pleasurable and the worst nightmare I've ever had. Luckily though, it's the ONLY nightmare I've had in about 11 years.

I don't take them seriously or anything. I just enjoy them for what they are.

I know this sounds horrible, but I did have some dreams that was so real I woke up feeling exactly the way I felt in my dream - like in Freddy Kruger movie. In it, I saw myself treated so bad by someone I loved and I cried so hard I woke up with my eyes really swollen. I must have been crying while I slept. It was awful.
    Jay-tea :0)

Heh. All of my nightmares are deadly boring. A typical day at work, driving somewhere under normal conditions, etc. What makes them bad is I have a completely inexplicable, overpowering sense of despair throughout. Something like I've just watched everyone I love taken from me.

On the other hand, when I dream about "nightmare" material, it never bothers me much. It's like watching a cheap horror flick.

My dreams are ALL wacked out. None of them are even remotely related to real life. I'm talking about dreams where I am being chased by guerilla warriors through caves while I'm trying to balst my way to freedom, dreams about hanggliding off a volcano over a sea of lava trying to swoop down and rescue the princess of the pirate ship, dreams where I'm best friends with King Kong and I borrow his magic surfboard to get away from the military trying to kill me, dreams where I life in a prehistoric era and I have to not only fight off the dinasaurs for our village, but also fight off the killer marching band that roams the lands killing with their instruments (luckily you know when they're coming because you can hear the bass drum as they march around), etc. I've got a million wacked out dreams. I was thinking of one day writing my dreams into short stories or something. Maybe not to publish as children books, but just so I can remember them all.

Alexi

Heh, heh. Well, there was the one where my school bus was driving like mad through a cardboard city being chased by a Tyrannosaurus Rex. I think he got lost though, because we ended up talking to the cardboard people.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the BEST dreams are the ones where you're having sex. they seem so real, i swear.

however i dunno if anyone else ever had these type of dreams, but it's where you know you're dreaming so you can kinda control your dreams and actually make your own choices instead of seeing where you're dream will take you. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I can control my dreams all the time. Most of the time they are great so I don't bother, but if I see something heading towards "nightmare material" (such as me walking down a dark alley or something like that), I step in and fix it (such as snapping my fingers to light it up, or simply jumping up into the air and flying straight up into the night sky to do some flying, or even as simply as turning around and walking away from the dark).

Alexi

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    everytime when someone starts to chase me i wake up because i hate those dreams. no matter how fast you run, they always seem to be right behind you. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Next time turn around and fight them. It's wierd when I fight in my dreams cause everything is in super slow motion and it takes FOREVER to just throw a punch. But it's still fun to beat the crap out of dream people.

As a spinoff, anyone who's still reading this, does/did anyone have any recurring dream/nightmare? For the longest time all my nightmares ended up in Miss Piggy running towards me. Ever since I say Muppets Take Manhatten and she jumps onto the purse snatcher with that scary face I've had a fear of her (for about six years or so). I'm not afraid anymore, but I'm sure I could relapse if for halloween I saw like a REALLY good costume or something.

Alexi

I have a recurring dream that my house is filled with water and I am swimming in it. Im fine, I m not drowning just swimming.. weird huh?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

i once had a dream that was scaringly realistic. i got shot in front of my friends. it was horrible, but when i woke up i was very happy just to be able to breathe and see the sun that morning.

and once i was falling asleep and got terrified. it was like someone was taking over my body, just like alexi has mentioned. i could tell it was the devil, i knew he was trying to terrify me on purpose. any trace of sleep vanished that instance; all i knew was i was rapidly getting flooded with terror. i wanted to shout but my lips failed me; i tried to get up but my whole body was numb. all i could do was whisper "Jesus" (i knew this works for real) and that instant it was all gone. it lasted only a few seconds - enough for me to realize what had just happened yet a real test of how i would respond when the challenge is in my face. i found myself sweaty and breathing heavily. afterwards i have heard several other accounts of this happening to people and they all said calling on God helped them banish the darkness right away.

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Most of my re-occuring dreams deal with the electric chair and cannibals.

I ****ing hate it.

LINEBACKER 2

oh, and about a week ago i had a really weird dream: the dogs were plotting a conspiracy against me. seriously. i rented an apartment from some lady and one day when i was there with my girlfriend, she came over. and then i found something on top of the dresser. it was a file with personal (can i say "personal"?) information about every dog. and as soon as the lady saw that, she charged at me with a knife and started stabbing me. she was in it with the dogs!!! it hurt, but it was nothing serious (the stabbing, not the betrayal ). and then later i was riding a bus or a train and it stopped. i looked out the window and saw three dogs standing there out on the street head to head, whispering to each other and throwing quick glances around to make sure no one was listening to what they were saying. I KNEW they were conspiring!!! but i bet they never thought i'd see them from the bus/train window!
    quite a dream, huh?

Dazed and Confused,

Are you by any chance a mailman?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast