+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Little Love Story

A Little Love Story

Christini
    I came to high school as the kid who sat in the back, never said anything, and had few friends. That was until I met Christine. I was drawn to her like a moth to the flame. She was smart, lively, amusing, and attractive. After knowing her for only a few weeks, my shyness faded and I became a free spirit. A close friendship, as well as a serious crush, soon developed. I assumed at first it was a usual crush that would just fade away. But it didn’t. I kept this crush a secret as our friendship continued to flourish.
    By the end of sophomore year, we were inseparable. We even had our picture taken for our school yearbook on the “Best friends” page. Like all best friends, we did everything together. We studied together for all our tests, which ended up being a time to watch movies with everything on our mind but studying. We spent countless nights on the phone until 3am talking about anything and everything. We even bought matching T-shirts for twin day- the clear symbol of being best friends. We were best friends and that was it. But I wanted more.
    I made attempts to tell her how I felt, but I just couldn’t. I was just too afraid to ruin our friendship, or hear the wrong answer. So I didn’t tell her. I didn’t want to be hurt so I ignored the feelings I felt. I held it inside and it drove me crazy. We continued to be friends until the end of sophomore year, when I just couldn’t take it any longer. I had spent too many sad nights listening to Billy Joel’s “And so it Goes” to find it worthwhile any longer. So instead of telling her how I felt, I stopped talking to her.
    By the beginning of junior year, I began to date a new girl, Colleen. We dated for over a year. In that time, I pretended like Christine didn’t exist. My personality mellowed out and I became nearly melancholy. Colleen was a nice girl, but she wasn’t a free spirit like Christine. I knew this going into the relationship, but I was just thrilled to finally have a girlfriend. I loved having someone in my life that I cared deeply about, someone I can call my girlfriend. But I realized that the special person you care about doesn’t have to have the title ‘girlfriend.’ I soon realized what I had to do. I broke up with Colleen and talked with Christine that night for hours. Even after a year of complete silence, I still cared about her. And this time, I wasn’t going to let my fear of being let down get in the way. We hung out that weekend like we used to. Except this time, we found ourselves holding hands; and suddenly dating.
    It was like I began to live again. Christine was back in my life. I became a free spirit once more and any melancholy parts of my personality vanished. We did all of the same activities we used to, except this time we were dating. She brought my personality out even stronger as my girlfriend and I couldn’t be happier. I was barely seen without a smile on my face when we were dating. And finally, the person I cared the most about, Christine, was also my girlfriend. We were truly in love.
    Summer came and went. College was on the horizon. Our destinations, though both college, were eight hours apart and we could both see it coming. Through one night of talking in late August, it was official. We had to take a break and say our goodbyes. But as I hugged her out in the driveway, I knew somehow it wouldn’t be the last time.
    We both experienced dating other people in the beginning of the semester. I dated a new girl, Caroline, for a short while but it just wasn’t the same. Once again, I knew what I had to do. I went out to surprise Christine over her break in October. As I hugged her, it was only natural for our hands to fall back together once again. We have been back together since and could not have been happier. We sometimes look back at our relationship and just laugh from where we came freshman year. We’re just young and in love.
    Thanks for reading and hopefully you enjoyed my story!
    Connor Liddic

Names with a C?

that's so sweet and it's a lovely story...glad u ended up together...and did u ever asked her about her feelings when u guys were just friends...maybe she wanted much more too

wow , really great story , its nice to hear that some people really end up together at the end ... me ? i was not lucky , some big yellow car took my girl away
    // stop spamming your ad //

Hm... Beautiful. If it is real, congratulations.

Dating

Thanks – this looks like a great site for anyone who wants to become lovable.
    Again thanks a lot!
    I got an infraction for advertising!