+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the women at about 30

Question for the women at about 30

Hello all... some of you might've read some of my previous rather long posts about this girl, who's about 7 years older than me, and some of you may not. Backstory isn't really important for this question anyway, but you can search for older threads by me if interested...

This weekend we were partying together and ended up making out, and she told me that she was very fond of me (which really made me happy. I've known this for quite a while, but to hear her say it was great!) . All seemed good, but later when we went to bed (we both slept at a mutual friends place), she brought up our age difference... I told her that it didn't matter at all, but she said that it did to her

This is really getting to me, and I hope that I can convince her that it doesn't matter, but I really don't see why she thinks it does (she already told me that she liked me a lot).

The point of this thread is that I hope someone can help me understand why she finds the age gap a problem...

i thought everybody told you what we thought in that other thread?

She's too old for you, and she knows it. At most you might end up as her play toy until a man who is her equal comes along.

honestly, at age 30, i wouldn't date someone who's 7 yr younger than me. my ex was 4 yrs younger than me, but i didnt' care because I wasn't serious.
    And yes, the age gap matters. To me, if I'm dating a guy who's 7 yrs younger, i won't take him serious. I might like him a lot..physically, but wouldnt think of spending my life time with someone who's that much younger than me.
    That's just me..
    Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away our precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven

Hi, well im 32, female and dated a 22 yr old male for 2 years. I can honestly say the age gap wasnt a problem. We were both on the same level mentally.

I did at times feel a bit funny about the age gap, but I went with what my heart told me. I loved this guy and it felt right, no matter what the age gap.

Funnily enough, I broke it off with him, and then moments later I realised I had made a mistake. If he gave me the chance, he would be the man I spent the rest of my life with, no matter what the age gap is.

I dont care what anyone says. It all depends on the situation..
    Last edited by Sugarbabe72; 13-03-06 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbabe72
    Funnily enough, I broke it off with him
    Funnily??
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

argh, why should you always be such a smart as* ?

I didnt mean funny as in it was funny, i guess it was just a phrase i used.

I thought u were an older guy lloyd, but sometime your comments are just....immature..

I thought u were an older guy lloyd, but sometime your comments are just....immature..
    No, I'm young; not 15 or 16 young, but young.

"Funnily".

whateva......as long as you are amusing yourself.

i have been following these posts for quite awhile now lloyd, and i know your age.... i also know most of the time you dont give constructive advice, most of the time your a smart as*. However, when you ask us about younger women and if you think its creepy that you are going after younger women, u expect us to be all serious.

in my opinion, yes it is creepy.

. However, when you ask us about younger women and if you think its creepy that you are going after younger women, u expect us to be all serious.
    For someone who "follows the board closely", you do a lousy job. That thread was a joke, as I later stated. It was slow around here, and I was bored, so I just wanted to get something going. Ok "Babe"?

sure it was a joke

lloyd has given me some really good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by foolinlove
    The point of this thread is that I hope someone can help me understand why she finds the age gap a problem...
    Maybe she's afraid people will think she's ridiculous. Women dating younger men has a different consequence socially than men dating younger women.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    lloyd has given me some really good advice.

Really? If I did, I'm sure it was by accident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast