+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she feel the same way?

Does she feel the same way?

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CAREFULLY READ THIS AND HELP WITH MY THIS DIFFICULT SITUATION. THANKS!

I'm 17, she's 18. I work with the most beautiful girl i've ever seen. Throughout the past few months of us knowing each other, we have began to become comfortable with each other quite a bit. I've gotta to know, and love her personality. I think she understands me fairly decently. We always joke about random stuff. She jokes with others quite frequently (I guess you could say she is a flirt..she does it a lot..to a lot of people she's comfortable with) It started with random things having nothing to do with me or her, and kinda escalated that we "fake sincerely" say we love each other. Quite frequently. Most conversation we have, seems not be not on the serious side. We frequently joke about her and I getting a sickness called "pink lips" a made up disease because she had gotten pink lips from a candy she was eating at work one day. We joke with each other, that either I..or her, gave the other "pink lips" from kissing each other.

When I first got the job, it seemed like she would make eye contact with me frequently. Maybe she just had her eyes in the wrong place at the right time, but it seemed to me that we did/still do make eye contact on occasion. Well, we both came to learn that she knows my older brother Jeff. When she found out she seemed extremely shocked that I was jeffs younger brother. She seemed really suprised. We talked for a bit (that was our first convorsation). She seemed to mention that she had dated my older bro's buddy Kyle. I said "Yeah, I know Kyle". Well, we talked for a bit and I left.

It progressed from there last night, and left me extremely confused. I gave her a bracelet to wear when I first got to work (a band I had been wearing on my hand..nothing serious.) and she put it on. I worked for a bit, came back and chatted (the usual joking way) and made friendly conversation. Well, towards the end of the night, she said something that I pretended to be offended at. I knew she could tell when I was sad..and when I'm having a bad day (she somehow seems to know this..must be a girl thing). She kept asking why I was so sad (in a silly kinda way). I played around with that for a few minutes and eventually (I cant remember how) she said she loves me(with her cute little fake-sincere face). I'm sure she was once again, joking like usual, but I said i loved her too (using the same tone she did). She then said "we're in love." A few minutes later I came back and said "so, we're pretty much going out by now..right?". "Yeah, for sure" she replied.

Whenever we see each other..we do a little lovestruck smile and do "eyebrow bops" with a smirk on our faces. Well, she later asked if I wanted the bracelet back, and I said "no, you keep it". She then said "I will keep this forever" (once again, I'm wondering if she's serious). "No you wont." I said, confidently thinking she wouldnt actually care about it..but at the same time it seemed like she kinda did. I think I came accross as being a bit serious with her at that point. It seemed like she knew I was serious, that I wanted her to keep the band, but maybe i'm wrong.

This was the most significant point of the night, in my opinion. Well, it was about time to go. I was ready to go, and started walking out of the building. Thats when I heard "hey", I looked behind me. She stuck the "i love you" hand sign out and mouthed the words "i love you" and I did the same(we had done that maybe one other time that night previously), I left. She DOES joke with other co-workers quite frequently (obviously she is a flirt). When joking with the others, I never notice her joking about love, and dating, and that sorta thing. Maybe thats just because I kind of push for it. I really like her, and I want her to feel the same way about me. All of the things I do seem really kiddish and jokey with her, but I truley do care about her. I still wonder if she likes my brothers friend Kyle. I actually, think she has a crush on him still..and they may still have something. I know this post has been long, and probly confusing..but its the best I can do. Hopefully I can get some help here!

Well, sometimes it is hard to distinguish what it really is, with all the joking and whatnot. I'd say that she probably does like you... but my advice would be to ask her. Make it known that you're serious and you want a serious answer. Hopefully you'll get a better answer that way... in that you take a risk... but it seems like your odds are pretty good.

Good luck.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

If I were you, I would find out what is going on ASAP. Even for you guys just "joking" around about this, you're still putting pieces of your heart into it because you really do like her. I would get to the bottom of this before you get too invested, and possibly hurt.

Always expect the worst, and nothing but the best is to come.
    ~dono